3 / 5, rue du Mont Thabor, 1st Arr., Paris, Ile-de-France, 75001, France
Expedia.com Booking.com Hotels.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about Duminy Vendome

Nice Hotel, Great Location

I visited Paris for the first time last month and stayed at the Duminy Vendome. Overall, I was very happy with my stay. The location can't be beat, it's about two blocks away from the Tuileries Metro. The rooms themselves were small but nicely furnished. We had a room on the third floor overlooking the "courtyard." Our bathroom was quite spacious and we did have an air conditioner in the room (although we really didn't need to use it during our visit). The buffet breakfast each morning was also quite good. The area surrounding the DV was a bit too commercial for my liking and the night life in that area was practically non-existent save for the bar next door to the hotel. Next time I visit Paris I will probably choose an area with more night life, but the Duminy Vendome was a great hotel for a first-time visitor to Paris.

Wonderful place to stay!

The staff at Duminy-Vendome were excellent. We were new to Paris with little command of the French language and they were very helpful in providing info about where to go, how to get there and made reservations for us as needed.
The room was very clean and met all of our expectations. We loved the little courtyard outside of our window.
The location is great. It is close to a metro and many attractions.
I would stay there again.

A Charming Hotel

Last month my 16-year old daughter and I stayed at the Duminy Vendome for 2 nights. It was our first trip to Paris, and I wanted to stay in a truly French hotel. As a frequent business traveler used to luxury in the large chains, I didn't know quite what to expect, but I found everything delightful. The staff was courteous and helpful even though I stumbled along with High School French. The rooms were clean, quiet and the breakfast delicious. I especially loved the pan au chocolat.

We were close to most of the national monuments and some lovely cafes, which made things easy. I had been concerned about anti-American sentiments, but at no time did I encounter that. Everyone was pleasant, helpful and charming; I would stay at this hotel again without hesitation.

Great Location; Very satisfied.

by TripAdvisor Member irishredhead

Friends and I stayed 5 nights at the Duminy Vendome in April. We were all very satisfied. We had a very spacious triple room that was cheerful and sunny. Bathroom was modern and the room was kept very clean (beds a little soft but comfortable). The front desk staff was curtious and helpful. It was amazing how many languages some of them spoke.

From its location you can walk to most major sites and the metro is very closeby. Additionally, it is located on a quiet street, so it was nice to relax/ sleep with the windows open.

Breakfast is served every morning in the basement. The staff there sometimes had a hard time keeping things replenished, but, overall it was a decent breakfast to get the day started. We would definitely stay there again.

good location

by TripAdvisor Member BayAreaMememe

I spent 4 nights at the Duminy Vendome at the end of July. The hotel has a good location within comfortable walking distance of the Louvre, D'Orsay, Place Vendome and several other key sights. I thought the staff was very helpful, and the breakfast included in my room rate was very good. I agree with the reviewer who complained about the water sounds, although I was able to ignore them for the most part. My main problem was that my room always felt really hot, and the fan that was provided didn't help much. Since I was a woman staying alone, I didn't want to keep the window open all night as I was at ground level facing the court yard. Plus the light from the lobby window across the courtyard was on all night. I would recommend this hotel to others but suggest they request a room away from the court yard, especially if they end up on the ground floor.

A great value hotel near the Louvre

by TripAdvisor Member pwcmd

The hotel was everything we had hoped it would be. The location was unbeatable near the Louvre and only a couple of blocks from the Metro. Staff were very friendly and were able to speak English. Our room was on the top floor and the only drawback was the slow elevator service, common to most small Paris hotels. The hotel was kept very clean and maid service was good. The bathroom was surprisingly large with a good shower in the tub. Our room had a small air-conditioning unit but our window opened and that usually kept the room very comfortably cool. Breakfast was the same every day but the pastries were delicious as was the bowl of mixed fresh fruit. I would love to return to the Duminy Vendome.

WOnderful hotel, excellent service

by TripAdvisor Member mlonergan

We LOVED this hotel!! We just left there last week and had a terrific stay. We had come ther from London where we had not-such-a-terrific experience and were very pleasantly surprised with the Duminy-Vendome and have nothing but praise for the staff and the facility. It was so convenient to so many sights , although we still did a ton of walking. We arrived a day late because of a weather delayand our travel agent had never informed them. They were still very courteous and pleasant to us. Believe it or not, they had given our twin 17 year old daughters' double room away and let them each have their own room no charge. They were thrilled and we were very impressed. Our room was hot but they gave us a fan and we made due. One of our daughters had air-conditioning which she appreciated and given the choice I would have had it too but we survived. The room was very quiet and clean and the bathroom was spacious and modern. The breakfast was more than sufficient and while the breakfast room was a little hot, we managed. Overall, we LOVED this hotel and plan on going back.

A Hotel Located In a Waterfall

by TripAdvisor Member MadameMonsieur

I stayed here in February 2004. The major problem was that I hardly slept during my 5 days' stay in a room on the ground floor just opposite/round the corner from Reception. The sound of water in the room (presumably just on the other side of the walls although it sounded like it was actually in the room) was unbearably-loud despite purchasing ear-plugs to wear in bed in an attempt to drown out the sound. Any time anyone flushed a toilet, had a bath or a shower, it seemed to occur. Judging by the frequency of these occurrences, it seemed that it was the pipes from the entire hotel which ran round the walls of the room as it was virtually constant. I would hesitate to book a 3* hotel again after this experience.

Delightful hotel in Paris

by TripAdvisor Member geeswayne

We found this a great hotel to stay at. We were close to the metro station, and various major tourist attractions e.g Place de Vendome, Le Louvre. The rooms were very comfortable and the buffet breakfast served in the cellar was excellent.
Lots of restaurants nearby and an excellent locality to join the Cityrama tours nearby.

Great Hotel

Stayed there first week of August 2004. Great Hotel. Perfect location. If you stay in the summer, make sure you get a room with air conditioning. The upper level rooms have it. The corner rooms are the largest. Great breakfast, helpful staff.

House boats on the Seine, ParisHouse boats on the Seine, Paris

Entrance to the Hotel des InvalidesEntrance to the Hotel des Invalides

This is mine, just to illustrate the tip.This is mine, just to illustrate the tip.

External View of a Paris Public ToiletExternal View of a Paris Public Toilet

Renaissance Place Vendome

by anewday

Anyone stayed at the Renaissance Marriott Place Vendome, if so please post your comments...

RE: Renaissance Place Vendome

by CALSF

Yes, lots of people have stayed there. Looks like it was called the Duminy Vendome before the Marriott took it over. Check Tripadvisor.com for the comments.

Comments