Etap Hotel Paris Porte De La Chapelle

Costs 22% less and rated 15% higher than other 1 star hotels

More about Paris

Delacroix's paletteDelacroix's palette

Batobus boat, ParisBatobus boat, Paris

at the arc de triompheat the arc de triomphe

The hall of mirrorsThe hall of mirrors

Paris or Beauvais

by mickey.p

Hi,

I am a travel agent in the UK and I have a customer in Ireland who can fly into Beauvais from her local airport and pay €620.00 for her family or into Paris (CDG) from an airport a bit further away for €1210.00. I am aware that Paris is closer but at half the price she is considering Beauvais. I can get her a private transfer (minibus but the return fare is £360.00 (not Euro). Would it be cheaper to pay locally and how long would the transfer take?

Thanking you all in advance!

by leics

There are several different ways of getting from Beauvais to Paris for vastly less than the quote you have given.

Explore the info on the airport website:

Even 'Supershuttle' door-to-door transport will cost your client way less than 180GBP. I cannot understand how you have been quoted that for a minibus transfer. Time will be 1-1.5 hours ish, depending on traffic conditions and exactly where your client is going.

by mickey.p

Sorry - I just realised that I didn't mention that the destination is Disneyland Paris!

by leics

O well, that's even easier.

There is a direct shuttle bus from Beauvais to Disneyland run by VEA:

(in English, so you can explore times and fares etc).

Nowhere near 180GBP!

Travel Tips for Paris

The First Thing You Do

by stev0305

I have a suggestion for something to do in Paris France. Specifically this should be the first thing you do as a "tourist", when you are wandering the city for the first time. You must go directly to the top of the Eiffel Tower. Take some time to look at the beautiful city that you have come to visit. Spend atleast ten minutes looking each direction. When at each side look and try to spot what are going to visit, look at the beaty of Paris, and just take it all in. There is no view like the view from the Eiffel Tower. It is truly one of the wonders of the world.

*Check out the pictures for summer view of Paris. Meeting up with my best friends after a summer apart. I was the best city we could have met up in. I loved Paris. (besides the prices)

We did it

by themagiclake

We kept promise and we did it, it was full of emotions and feeling to sit inside the Sacre Coeur with you, to hear the words of your holy promise to me, to tell you mine.
Probably who will read this pages about us, will find hard to understand, but there is nothing to understand about a real love, there is only to smile and be happy..

This is the Josh we lost ...

by bakpakchik

Finally made it to the Louvre on my third day in Paris. There is nothing that makes me sadder than perusing ancient artefacts on my own. Josh and Himanshi in tow, I hopes that Josh's irreverence and Himanshis insight would make for a nice day at the Louvre. We lost Josh. Somehwere inside that huge maze of corridors. Josh was left to fend his own. Himanshi and I accidentally walked out with our audio guides. We could have made away with them - nice little souvenirs. But we were responsible travellers, not annoying tourists, so were returned our audio guides much to the surprise of the guards.

Millenium Ferris Wheel

by Callavetta

My daugher Jill and I spent Christmas and New Years in Paris in 2001. At that time the Millenium Ferris Wheel was still up and operating. We took a ride on the Wheel. What fun! While the ride was short (and the line long) the views from the top at night were amazing. All the Christmas lights were glowing and the City truly lived up to its name, "the City of Light".

We had a view of the wheel from our hotel window and balcony while we were there.

jeans and sneakers

by 65stang

In spite of what I read on this and other travel sites, jeans and sneakers are everywhere in Paris; however it is true that the European sneakers are not bright white. My daughter (15) and I just returned from 9 days in Paris and sported jeans and white sneakers for the entire trip. Yes, we did look like American tourists. We were American tourists. We had no problems with our style of dress and had fun picking out the other Americans in Paris by their appearance. My tip is don't go buy a whole new wardrobe for your trip to Europe. You won't be the only American there. The best way to see Paris is by walking and by the end of the day, you will be glad you had your bright white sneakers with you.

Comments