Exclusive Villa St Martin

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

More about Exclusive Villa St Martin

Magnificent Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member worldtraveler63

This was my first visit to Paris and I must say that staying at the Villa Saint Martin made it very special. On first arriving at the hotel we were greeted with Bonjour mademoiselle and a great smile. Everyone was very accommodating to our needs and also were very helpful on giving easy directions to get around Paris and finding the best resturants. I would recommend the Villa Saint Martin to anyone wanting a warm friendly and clean place to stay in Paris.

Everything one could expect

by TripAdvisor Member bower22

My wife and I stayed 5 nights at the Villa Saint Martin and we were extremely happy with the accomodations. The entire staff was friendly and accommodating to the point of helping us to find a protestant Church for Easter Sunday services. This was our first visit to Paris and the staff was extremely helpful and considerate of our needs.

The room was quiet and very clean. The housekeeping staff did an excellent job of keeping the room clean and furnishing fresh towels. It was always sparkling when we returned each evening.

The breakfast was loaded with plenty of fresh fruit salad and pastries, and also included breads, sweet rolls, yogurt and an assortment of meats & cheese as well as cereals & fresh milk. Coffee, fresh orange juice and water & the entire breakfast was unlimited.

The hotel's location is very convenient. The RER station of Gare de L'est was about 2 minutes away, where we could catch a train to nearly anyplace in Paris. The canal is just a short walk (approx. 2 blocks) and we always felt very safe even when strolling in the evening. There are a couple of grocery stores nearby where we were able to buy a bottle of wine and some cheese for evening snacks.

We would love to stay at the Villa Saint Martin on a return visit to Paris and we highly recommend it to anyone.

Great Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Lavo

I took my Mother on a surprise trip to Paris for her 50th birthday. After lots of research, I booked this hotel and I'm so glad I did.
Villa Saint Martin is located about a 10 min walk from Gare du Nord (that was while each pulling a wheelie suitcase) which we did at about 10:30pm.
When we arrived at the hotel, the receptionist knew who we were and was "waiting for us".
Yes, the lift was small but, it was big enough for us and our suitcases.
We were on the 3rd floor in a lovely little room which was spotlessly clean. The bathroom was also spotlessly clean. We had clean towels and new toiletries every day.
Breakfast was self service and plentiful with Breads and Pastries, Meats and Cheeses, Cereals, Fruit and Yoghurt, Juices and Hot Drinks
I honestly cannot fault this hotel. It's a 2 min walk from Gare de L'Est which is also on the yellow "hop on/hop off" bus route.
I've stayed in hotel rooms which are bigger and have bigger bathrooms although, to be honest, if you visit Paris and sit in your hotel room, why not just stay at home ?
We left early and returned late every day. There is always a receptionist there who you can leave your room key with. Everybody was extremely friendly and helpful.
You cannot go wrong if you stay this hotel.

Fabulous hotel for the price

by TripAdvisor Member lalatraveler13

I stayed at the Villa St. Martin in Paris for four days at the end of February/beginning of March. I booked the hotel through an online travel agent (Gate1Travel). It was listed as an upgrade from the base trip's two-star hotel to a three-star.

As already mentioned, the rooms are tiny, but that is apparently the case throughout Paris. The same is true for the elevator, but it got my Mom and I up to our room with our suitcases and back down again.

The room itself was VERY clean. The housekeeping staff did an excellent job of keeping everything neat. I never had a complaint about that.

We had a room with two twin beds. They were tiny, but pretty comfortable. My only room complaint was that to get into the bathtub it was a pretty high step...and rather steep step back out again.

Downstairs, we had great service from the front desk staff. They offered directions, help translating French to English if necessary and restaurant recommendations.

The breakfast was included in our tour package and was loaded with plenty of fresh food and offerings for just about anyone, such as fresh fruit, breads, sweet rolls, yogurt and an assortment of meats if you wanted to make little sandwiches. Coffee, fresh orange juice and water (without bubbles) was readily available.

And finally, the hotel's location couldn't be any more convenient. From our fourth-floor room, we could see the front of the Gare de L'est from our window. It took less than five minutes to walk down the short street (Rue des Recollets) and through two crosswalks to a station entrance.

From there, we could catch a multitude of trains which got us all over the city within minutes.

(Also, our window looked out over Square Villemin, a pretty little park across the street from the front of the hotel)

I hope this helps and if you're looking for something affordable, clean, conveniently located and filled with a very helpful staff, I would definitely recommend the Villa St. Martin for your visit to Paris.

Great experience

by TripAdvisor Member frequent_traveler_ny

The hotel was great. It was very clean, and the staff was friendly and accommodating. The hotel is cheapest if you do not directly book it with the hotel but use a travel agent or website. Also, though the neighborhood is not exciting or interesting, it's right by Gare de l’Est, which provides easy access to the metro as well as the RER & SNCF. The negatives of the hotel were that the rooms are small, though you'll find that in any hotel in Europe, and the walls were fairly thin so even if you have a non-smoking room, you might smell some smoke from your neighbors. A definite safe choice for a nice, clean, relatively inexpensive hotel in Paris.

A different side of Paris

by TripAdvisor Member Marie19a

Stayed here for a weekend in April. It's also only 10-15 mins walk from the Gare du Nord.
The location is great if you fancy something a bit different. Going east from the hotel you come to the Canal St Martin - a vibrant neighbourhood with several quirky bars, places to eat, clothes shops and little galleries etc. It feels quite arty/creative.
The hotel itself is really good for the price. As many other reviewers point out, it's very clean and kept beautifully throughout your stay. Our room was on the small side (as are the corridors/lift) and the bathroom had a half-size bath. Shower was very good, nice fluffy white towels and soap/shower gel is provided.
All of the reception staff were really welcoming and helpful. They are happy to store luggage too.
My only small gripe would be that walls are a bit thin - we got woken up by other guests and also by an extreme vacuuming episode. The other point to note is that there is a school or nursery adjoining the rear of the hotel - so no lie-ins midweek if your room is at the back!

a GEM

by TripAdvisor Member TravellerJohn

Stayed here for two nights in april - very friendly desk staff, rooms small (the norm in Paris) but impecpable - recently refurbished - trendy bathroom fittings. Excellent buffet breakfast. 5 minutes walk to Gare D'Est and another 3 or 4 to Gare Du Nord. Lots of cosy non-touristy restaurants within walking distance.

A nice and friendly hotel

by TripAdvisor Member FourE

The location of the hotel is very close to the train, metro and bus stations which will take you to the places that you want to go in Paris. The hotel rooms are clean, neat and tidy even though it is a small hotel. The elevator is very tiny and the corridors are narrow, but on the whole the hotel is comfortable. The buffet breakfast is a very nice one and has great coffee. The hotel staffs are nice, helpful and friendly.

Wonderful staff

by TripAdvisor Member bretons

This hotel is made what it is by the staff. From the first welcoming "Bonjour" to the last "Au Revoir" you are made to feel welcome and at home. Even the cleaning lady bade us "Welcome" as we made our way to our rooms, very unusual in Paris! Although quite a small hotel, with narrow corridors and a small lift, it is a hotel to which we will certainly return. It is well placed for the Metro and RER trains and is just a short walk from the canal. The breakfast is excellent and unlimited. A great hotel from which to explore Paris.

Highly Recommend

by TripAdvisor Member dxmenon

My family (Wife and 3 Yr Old Son) stayed three nights and had a great time. The hotel staff was friendly, the room was clean, and the amenities were very good. The neighborhood is not the greatest but you are just two blocs away from Gare D'lest and few minutes from Gare du Nord which makes getting around Paris very easy. However, we never felt unsafe at any time. In addition, Gare d'lest is a center for many of the buses that take you throughout paris in addition to a nearby stop by the L'Open tour bus that circles paris.

The hotel staff was great and was very helpful with all of our inquiries. The breakfast buffet had a good variety. It is a very good 3 star hotel.

De Grasse monument, ParisDe Grasse monument, Paris

Robespierre spent his last moments there!Robespierre spent his last moments there!

Luthiers at Rue de RomeLuthiers at Rue de Rome

Vieuw on île de la Cité from pont Royal.Vieuw on île de la Cité from pont Royal.

Villa Saint Martin Hotel

by minnanotabo

Has anyone heard of Villa Saint Martin Hotel in Paris? I believe it's on rue des Recollets. Can anyone give me comments about this hotel?

short on time need hotel

by notaclue

We will be arriving in Paris Friday Oct. 14th and this is our first time out of the country. I really need to know if you had to choose the top 3 hotels to see paris for 3 days, where should we stay. We are looking for the best value for the money, we like to have a nice view, and are looking at a price range at 150.00 to 300.00. If i didn't give you a price range would you still choose the same hotels, if not which hotels would it be? I have been looking for 2 days and just don't know. I appreciate any help. bren

by pjsses

hi we went to paris last year and stayed at 2 wonderful hotels. 1st the mercure right next to the eifel tower. little pricey but great location. 2nd and our favorite was the villa st. martin. not a great location as far as touristy things but guard du nord was literally 300 ft away and we took the subway everywhere. the place looks a little sketchy from the outside but the inside is immaculate and the staff was supurb! excellent hotel and the rooms were so clean and large too. we did have a noce view and it was reasonable too. we had two rooms and they were so accomodating. you will enjoy. check out their website. have fun

by CALSF

October is high season in Paris. If you find a hotel with a nice view you'll be lucky at this point honestly. The better hotels book up months in advance for Sept. and October due to trade fairs. You can try your luck at www.laterooms.com. My advice is to stay in the center of Paris (1st through 6th districts).

by iluvtrvl

We stayed at Hotel Central St. Germain, booked the hotel through Expedia. Hotel was nicely appointed, centrally located and on a side street, so traffic noise was at a minimum. We paid $178 US, prepaid through Expedia. See my travel pages for more information and link.

RE: RE: short on time need hotel

by CALSF

iluvtravl, is that $178 per night or the total cost for your stay? If it's $178 per night that's pretty expensive.

RE: RE: short on time need hotel

by iluvtrvl

The price was per night..but, during September and we needed a triple room and the price included breakfast. I wanted airconditioning as I am a spoiled traveler, and from my research, was actually a good price for my needs. You can I am sure find a 2 star hotel, vs. a 3 star hotel for a cheaper price.

by meheu

Try the Hotel Beau Manoir, http://www.hotelbeaumanoir.com/ a really really nice 4 stars hotel located near the Madeleine and opera, the famous rue saint Honore,and near the Concorde place. The hotel is really really confortable . It is really well decorated. staff were really nice with me.
Enjoy Paris