Fabuloso hotel - Gay Hotel

Laperouse restaurant.Laperouse restaurant.

Creme bruleeCreme brulee

58 TOUR EIFFELL

by notspontaneous

I TRIED TO BOOK A DINNER RESERVATION AT THE RESTAURANT ON THE 1ST FLOOR OF THE EIFFEL TOWER, BUT WHEN THEY ASKED FOR MY MASTER CARD NUMBER I CANCELED. IS IT CUSTOMARY IN PARIS TO PAY ONLINE FOR DINNER??

by Kakapo2

I have not eaten there - but looking at their website, I think you have to pay in advance/online. I have never experienced such a thing before - but probably this is due to the high demand they have at this unique place, and probably it has happened frequently that customers with reservations have not shown up, and they could have filled up the spaces easily had they known earlier... Just my thoughts.

by johngayton

The way it works is that because the restaurant is very busy and booked out in advance they ask for your card details just in case you don't show up. Exactly the same as a hotel does. If you are a "no-show" then they'll charge your card for a set-price meal for the number of people that you booked for. This is very common these days in popular upscale restaurants and not just in Paris. On the other hand if you have to cancel then there will be no charge provided you do so giving the restaurant reasonable notice.

by TOPSHELFPUBCRAWLER

I don't know about 58 TOUR EIFFELL, but also located in the Eiffel Tower is the Jules Vern by world famous Chef, Alain Ducasse. I have dined at many of his restaurants around the world, and a few ask to secure the table with a credit card. It may be unusual but not unheard of.

Bon Appétit!

Sean

Travel Tips for Paris

Walk, walk, walk!
There are...

by trvl4me

Walk, walk, walk!
There are tons of monuments all over the city but the best thing about touring the city is walking and finding your own special places. Even the most non-descript street will have something different or unique about it. When leaving your hotel take a different way each time and you will discover something new each time! Very tough one here but I would probably have to say that it was when I first 'stumbled' upon Monet's Waterlilies at the Orangerie Museum. It's a must-see.

Grand Slam Paris

by mrclay2000

Like Wimbledon, the Grand Slam venue for tennis in London, Paris tucks away its Grand Slam venue Roland Garros in the neighborhoods southwest of the city center. Every spring, the best players in the world come to the terre battu of crushed brick in this marvelous arena to capture the first cup in tennis' Grand Slam circuit.

St Michel's Fountain

by CandS

St Michel's Fountain....the first 'sight' we came to when we got to Paris... We weren't real sure where we wanted to go first when we arrived so we picked a 'not-so-well-known' place to start with... :)

Learn to speak some French. If...

by tb55

Learn to speak some French. If nothing else learn: 'Pardon, Monsieur. Je ne parle pas français. Parlez-vous anglais?' Which means, 'Excuse me sir. I don't speak French. Do you speak English?' You will be suprised how much English is spoken, especially by the 30-and-under crowd. However, in some areas of Paris, some people do not speak English enough to be comfortable with it and refuse to even try. A good phrase book is essiential, as well as a good sense of humor. I've been told that I'm a multilingual nodder for my ability to nod my head in several different languages. Pointing works well, too. But just try to speak their language and the natives will at least be responsive.

World Cup Final at the airport??

by OrlandoBR

Just as my own country was winning the World Cup final last year, I was arriving at the airport Charles de Gaulle in Paris, missing out on the huge party that was going on back home, but not the cool party that many dozens of fellow countrymen - and foreigners - were having at the bar right there at CDG!! I asked a Frenchman who was winning, Brazil or Germany, and he kindly answered "Brazil, thank god!"... hehe

Comments