Golden Tulip St. Honore Apartments

218-220 rue du Faubourg Saint-Honore, 8th Arr., Paris, Ile-de-France, 75008, France
Royal Garden Champs Elysees
Booking.com Hotels.com Expedia.com

Satisfaction Terrible

Rated 33% lower than similarly priced 4 star hotels

More about Paris

Sacre Coeur from Buttes ChaumontSacre Coeur from Buttes Chaumont

SEPHORA, ParisSEPHORA, Paris

Plaque to commemorate Saint-ExupéryPlaque to commemorate Saint-Exupéry

The Medici column.The Medici column.

want to check out the chinatown in paris, I heard there are 2, Belleville and the one at place d'ita

by 9tigers

which one should i check out, the one at Belleville is clearly closer to where I live, I read that this one is much more newer and the one down at 13 arr is the first one.
I am sure we will want to visit chinatown while we are there.

Re: want to check out the chinatown in paris, I heard there are 2, Belleville & Place d'Italy

by ForestqueenNYC

If you are stying at rue du Crussol, you are closer to Belleville than Place d'Italy, so it might be a good idea to go there. You will be close to a very beautiful park called Buttes Chaumont so you could pass through there at some point while you are in Belleville.

ty

by 9tigers

I went to Belleville one day the grocery store right after u get off the metro has good selection to some special chinese veggy and the eggs are the cheapest in town 3 euro for 30 eggs

I just got back from paris last night
and just outside of the metro, there is a pakistan guy selling lime like 1 euro for 8, u need some lime with hot water to get rid of ur stress :)

Re: want to check out the chinatown in paris

by ForestqueenNYC

So glad to hear from you. I hope you had a wonderful stay in Paris.

I did, very tired
I love paris open morning market more :)

Travel Tips for Paris

For an amazing view of the Eiffel Tower...

by iamjacksgoat

For an amazing view of the Eiffel Tower, go to the Trocadéro. This was the first view I had of the Eiffel Tower, and it took my breath away. Anyone going to Paris must see this view. Stand in the courtyard, where all the golden statues are.

Where do I start?

by Beausoleil

If you are used to spread-out American cities, Paris is compact. Most tourist sights are in a central area. There are many hotels and restaurants within the center and they come in all price ranges. If you want to avoid spending your sightseeing day on the Metro, find a hotel in the center of town. This would be arrondissement (district) numbers 1, 4, 5, 6 and 7.

How do you figure out where that hotel is when you start looking?

A hotel in Arrondissement (district) number 1, 4, 5, 6 and 7 would be the most central. Look at the hotel street address. The postal code is the secret to its location. The arrondissement or district numbers are the last 2 digits of the postal code. For example, arrondissement 1 would be 75001, arrondissement 2 would be 75002; arrondissement 4 would be 75004. You get the idea.

You will also see reference to the Latin Quarter, St. Germain and the Marais. The Latin Quarter is mostly 75005 (or the 5th arrondissement); St. Germain is mostly 75006 (or arrondissement 6); the Marais is generally within 75004 (or arrondissement 4). 75007 is the Eiffel Tower area. These names are not as specific as the arrondissement numbers but give you a general idea. Just check your postal code and you'll be fine. (01, 04, 05, 06 and 07)

BTW, you do not need to stay within this central zone because the public transportation system (Metro) is wonderful. We stay there so we don't have to spend precious sightseeing time on the subway or bus. You will do a lot of walking because the city is so beautiful so be sure to take comfy shoes.

Have a great trip. I think our first sight of Notre Dame on our very first trip was the most memorable. Suddenly it was all so real to us.

Second memory is of a summer downpour in the Tuileries Gardens. Everyone ran for cover but us. We went to a garden cafe, got a tart and coffee and had a lovely romantic snack in our very own Paris Tuileries.

Other fond memories involve introducing our daughters to Paris, singly and in pair. That was fun.

What do I miss most? Wow, that's difficult. I think being surrounded by so much beauty constantly. There is just so much to see, hear and do in such a compact area. The art, architecture, music, gardens, river, canal, parks . . . there is just so much to enjoy and it's right at your doorstep.

I must admit I miss Parisians too. They have always been informative and helpful to us and we always look forward to returning soon.

Centre Georges Pompidou

by JUNLI

Centre Georges Pompidou
Centre Georges Pompidou is one of the world's most extraordinary museums, which contains the largest collection of modern art in the world.

An X-ray-style extravaganza of steel and glass, striped by brightly coloured pipes and snake-like escalators, it looks as if someone has turned the whole building inside out.

The Assumption of Mary

by Pieter11

In Catholicism religion, August 15 is the Holy Day of the celebration of the of Assumption of Holy Mary. After her "earthly life" she went to heaven to be reunited with Jesus Christ.
Although nothing is certain about the day or even year that Mary died, all around the world people celebrate her "departure" on this particular date.

At August 15, around 18:00, I was in front of the Notre Dame. Purely by coincidence this celebration just began. A huge, and beautiful statue of Mary was carried inside the church and hundreds of religious people followed her. It was an impressive experience to see so many people, singing together. Even after most of the people went inside, you could still follow the mass, because loudspeakers let it hear all over the square in front of the church.

If you are in Paris at the 15th of August, you should definitely go the the Notre Dame around 18:00 to experience this celebration.

Don't act like the nasty,rude...

by mannymiami

Don't act like the nasty,rude American. I as an American of Latin background dont speak french but I tried a little and then I tried spanish and then I tried english. If they see that you at least try , the French will open up to you. I was never treated with arrogance or rude, infact the French where always friendly ,helpful and always had a smile when I needed help..

Comments