Grand Hotel Albouy Paris

Hotel Albouy
Tingo.com Hotels.com Otel.com

• Hikerpark's Profile Photo

Too Cramped For Comfort

The room in this hotel was entirely too small. It was also very noisy. Only one person with small luggage could fit in the elevator - and that was asking too much. The room was attractive and clean. However, with 2 people in the room with luggage, it was too crowded to be comfortable. The immediate neighborhood was okay, but such is not the case just a few blocks away. I would not stay here again.

Directions: This hotel is very close to Gare De L'est.

• littlesam1's Profile Photo

Not my favorite hotel in Paris

After four days at the very nice Jardin de Paris hotel we left Paris for four days in Germany. We returned five days later for one final day in Paris. We booked a room at the Hotel Albouy for our last day. I was very disappointed with the hotel. The Jardin de Paris was small as most budget hotels are in Paris. However the Hotel Albouy was tiny compared to the the Jardin de Paris. Only one person with a piece of luggage could fit into the elevator. My room for two was so small that it was almost impossible for two people with luggage to move around in the room. On the link I have provided my room is pictured on the third picture. There is no AC which is not unusal for a Paris hotel. However if you want some air and need to open the window, you have to move the desk from the front of the window and then block the tiny walking space you have in the room. You can see all of this from the picture, however I could not tell how small it actually was when I looked at the site photo's. The bathroom was very small also. I am not a heavy person, but I could just barely squeeze into the door way of the shower. The staff was not very helpful. I asked for a wake up call that never happened. They were unable to get a taxi for me when I left for the airport. The neighborhood is in transition it appears. But it has not made a complete transition to a safe and comfortable area. I felt safe as two men in the area, but if you are traveling alone, or are female I would have some serious reservations about booking a room here. The cost on the web site is around 120 euros a night which is outrageous for the hotel. I paid 70 euros because I booked from bookings.com. This also was way too much for this hotel.

Comments