Grand Hotel Lafayette Buffault

Expedia.com Hotels.com Orbitz.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs about the same, but rated 11% higher than other 4 star hotels

More about Grand Hotel Lafayette Buffault

My wife deciding on which pastry to chooseMy wife deciding on which pastry to choose

The altar of Saint-Thomas d'AquinThe altar of Saint-Thomas d'Aquin

l'Institut du monde arabl'Institut du monde arab

VersaillesVersailles

Hotel Question/Recommendation

by cwest03

Has anyone ever stayed at the Grand Hotel Lafayette Buffault or the Yllen Eiffel Hotel?

The Grand Lafayette Buffault is in the 9th District (L'opera) and the Yllen Eiffel is in the 15th district (Montparnasse (train)). Can anyone comment on either of those two districts?

Any other good hotel recommendations for under $100 USD a night for two? I'm not too concerned with being right in the middle of everything. I'm more concerned with a clean, quiet and safe hotel that's near a Metro stop.

by zuriga

I just read a good review elsewhere of the Hotel Alma in the 7th near the Tour D'Eiffel. It sounded pretty good for the money and about what you want to spend.

Re: Re: Hotel Question/Recommendation

by cwest03

Is the review here on VT? Can you point me to it? Thanks for the tip.

Re: Re: Hotel Question/Recommendation

by zuriga

No, sorry I read about the Alma on Compuserve's travel forum. I'll try to go back and find the message. There are lots of good choices, too, in the 6th... a friend is just back from Paris and said things have gotten very expensive now - the dollar is losing ground to the Euro!

by GUYON

The Hotel Lafayette Buffault is not "Grand". It is a little hotel in a quiet street at 20 mn walk from Opera.

Metro : Cadet (I worked nearby during 4 years)

The Yllen Eiffel Hotel is in the outskirts of Paris in an area niced but without touristic interest. The Tour Eiffel is not really nearby.
Metro : Volontaires

I suggest a more centrally located hotel :
Home Latin - 15 rue du Somerard 5e arrt.
A double room for 90/100 Euros.

It is located in the Quartier Latin, in a quiet street near the Musee du Moyen Age . Metro : Cluny.

Chatelet which is the crossroad of Paris is at 15 mn walk.

Have a good stay

RAY

by ymac

check out hotel leveque. rue cler is at doorstep & u can relax at the eiffel tower park, picnic, etc
i did not stay there 'cos they have room for 4

Travel Tips for Paris

Though I wasn't a big fan of...

by Rude_boy22

Though I wasn't a big fan of the works within the Louvre, The walk from there to the arc de triomph was great. There was a fountain there where children would play with small wooden sailboats. Also the Centre Pompidou has some pretty good contemporary works, though there is a lack of creativity in their presentation. Two elderly homeless men tuning into Bach on a boombox while drinking wine at eight in the morning. (Charles Bukowski would have been proud.)

L´Arc de Triomphe

by lolitajane

There are a lot of landmarks & must-see- places in Paris a visitor shouldn´t miss, particularly if it's your first time there. Some may say that there's more to a city than its landmarks and I agree with that, but who does not feel in paradise when seeing the Eiffel Tower for the first time? Paris turned out to be a surprise for me --coming from London-- I thought I'd seen everything I wanted to, my trip could have ended there & I wouln't have complained. But when I discovered that Paris was such an amazing city, I tried to enjoy it as much as I could...and it caught me forever...

Place De La Concorde

by Sharrie

Stand in this square & defy the devil...NO, NO, NO, of course not! There's too many death here as it is. Did you know 133 people were trampled to death here in 1770 & 1300 heads were guillotined here in 1793-5??? I didn't! Luckily for me, otherwise I won't be taking a picture of myself here :-(

So, what's this place?!
PLACE DE LA CONCORDE!: MARIE ANTOINETTE & LOUIS XVI were both guillotined here at the height of the Terror of the French Revolution! The square was originally laid out in 1775 to accommodate King Louis XV statue. It was later renamed PLACE DE LA REVOLUTION & witnessed the mass executions of the French Revolution. Renamed PLACE DE LA CONCORDE in 1795. Hm, now that I recall, I did feel a sense of unease when I was there, although at that time I attributed it to the dark clouds & weather...

Want to go 'out of the roof'...

by Pavlik_NL

Want to go 'out of the roof' and go crazy. Here it is allowed. French are passionat people and it will show when the talk, walk, meet, greet etc. Look around and follow the example. It will work very liberating! and we all know what the French motto is: Liberté, Egalité, Fraternité. I reply: Hip Hip Hooray!

Paris metro stations...poetic places!!!

by walidoff

If you are already in Paris and you lack money to visit expensive places..I suggest an interesting place that you can spend nice moments and even take "unforgettable" phtographs: Paris metro stations. In fact, in Paris, metro stations are more than simple palces to take a subway train. With the variety of people they contain (musicians, clowns, artists etc), the many posters, beatifuls lights , etc...you can enter into a very special world where each time there are new events and different people. Thus you can spend hours in those beautiful places without need to spend!!!!

Comments