Grand Hotel de Champagne

Grand Hotel Dechampaigne
Booking.com Hotels.com Orbitz.com

Costs 26% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

More about Grand Hotel de Champagne

Great location, great service, great beds!

by TripAdvisor Member Rhodes50

This was the best of all the French hotels we stayed at in our two-week visit to France. We stayed 6 nights. The location was wonderful, just 2 blocks from the Seine and the Ile de la Cite, close to the Louvre, just yards from a metro station. Our room was indeed very very small with no view, one of the less expensive rooms, but as we did not spend much time in it, we did not care. The room and bath facilities were clean. As this is a new hotel, the bath facilities were nicer than many others and I found it remarkable how so much was shoe-horned into such a tiny space. (Overweight people would have a problem and should request a deluxe room.) I especially loved the shower-bath which was deep and clean, and the water pressure and temperature were very good.

My husband and I had twin beds which were very comfortable, far better than the beds in the hotels we stayed at in Normandy and the Loire Valley. As one who normally travels with her pillow but who left it at home this time, I can say unequivocally that the pillows at this hotel were the softest I have ever encountered in any hotel anywhere. We had no problems with noise at all, although we were in an interior room. (We had asked for a quiet room.) The hotel is in a very old building tucked back, on a virtual alleyway, behind a street of brasseries and bistros, and the only street noise I can imagine would be deliveries to a grocery that is down a short block.

The hotel staff all were very helpful and sweet. We felt that they would take care of us and indeed they did. They spoke English and indeed we felt rather sad to leave them.

The biggest problem we faced in Paris was a lack of enough coffee. This hotel did not have any coffee making facilities in the room, and that was true of all the French hotels we stayed at and may be true of most of them. This hotel offers a breakfast at 13.50 euros which is steep but may be worth it if you have to have coffee before you can stagger out in the morning. If you don't need several cups, there is a boulangerie nearby where you can get a croissant and a cup of cafe au lait for a lot less. If there were one thing we would ask of the Grand Hotel de Champaigne, it would have been a way to have at least one cup each in the room before facing the morning.

In sum, we thought we got very good value and would recommend this hotel.

Great Location

This hotel is situated right smack bang in the middle of Paris, with easy access to the main tourist points, as well as access to the airports and train stations.
The hotel is hidden away, just off one of paris's main roads
The rooms aren't huge, and the bathrooms are a bit pokey,but who wants to spend their time in a hotel room.
The breakfast is a little on the expensive side but it gets you started for the day.
The rooms are clean and the staff, friendly and helpful.

Great Hotel

This is a great hotel. The location is perfect for walking to almost everything. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The subway is just around the corner. We will definitely stay here again.

LOVELY small hotel in Paris! Great find...

by TripAdvisor Member ChristineNYC1

I am actually currently *at* this hotel, and being jet lagged- thought I'd take a minute to write a review.

I've been here on business for 3 nights. I've been to Paris often on business, but usually stay in a private apartment, since it's usually for stays of a month or more.

I *love* this place. The complaints about the management- I simply can't imagine, because they have been just spectacular to me. Ringing my room to make sure there is nothing I need, coming to me from the reception desk as I'm heading for the elevator (yes an elevator ooh) with messages (that I had forgotten to check).

The breakfast is just lovely. To me, it seemed a little more than the usual Parisian fare in the breakfast room - hard boiled eggs, salami, ham, pate, cheese, croissants, baguette, cereal, orange and grapefruit juice, and- tarte au pomme (not my idea of breakfast, but yummy none the less~! ). Not to mention- the most fabulous cafe au lait. A *very* nice way to start the day. They serve from 7-10am.

The rooms. Okay- I haven't seen any of the others, and I *know* I'm in the smallest one. (c'man, the company was paying hah!) but even this small room is charming, with upholstered walls, all the original beams of the 18th? (maybe earlier) century building, and the bed is very very comfortable. I came back last night to find 2 more fluffy pillows had been added without my asking- lovely touch.

As for convenience- it couldn't be in a more convenient place. I have been to Paris often, as I said- but it took me a second to find this hotel, as it is not on a main drag. That said- it's just off of Rue de Rivoli and Sebastopol- which puts it just across the Seine from Sainte Chappelle, and is 5 mins from both the Louvre, Place du Chatelet (if your'e into Opera or classical music), and the Pompidou Centre. Also- the metro Chatelet/Les Halles is a 2 minute walk- and it's probably the station with the most different lines going through it in Paris. You can get anywhere from here.

I have to give this hotel a big thumbs up - and really do recommend it for the value, location, and friendly staff to everyone.

Great reception staff

by TripAdvisor Member xxzzxx

Located just off the Rue de Rivoli, great location and many tourist
attractions were easily reached on foot, location would be difficult to beat. Cannot comment on food as we did not eat in the hotel, but plenty of eating facilities within a few minutes. Rooms small, bbut adequate, and clean. My lasting memory of the hotel is of its
exceptionally pleasant and helpful reception staff, well above average. We were more than happy with our stay.

Great location!

by TripAdvisor Member Hawl

Excellent hotel in a very quiet location but centrally situated for all major sights - Louvre, Musee d'Orsay, Ile de la Cite, Pompidou building, Les Halles, Seine and stylish shops and restaurants.
Staff are helpful and friendly and rooms, although not large, clean, very comfortable and tastefully furnished.

Don't Bother!

by TripAdvisor Member KSutton

I made 2 bookings for myself and colleagues. One of the bookings was cancelled - but the hotel took it upon themselves to cancel half of the other booking too.

The staff were very rude and would not accept responsibility despite the proof of the emails.

The rooms that my colleagues whose bookings weren't cancelled stayed in were not adequate. One in particular was tiny, with a pillar in the middle of the room, and the bed squeezed in to a corner.

There are some lovely hotels in Paris - this is not one of them.

Romatic !!!

by TripAdvisor Member FrVi

There was our 1st Visit to Paris like lovers !! And was unforgettable !!
This hotel is really romantic, charming decoration, and the staff is just great ...they recommends nice places to go, and around the corner there are good french restaurants to get good food and wine !! But nothing like the breakfast !!!! Sooo Gooood !!!
They have a great location in the center of Paris !!
We will come back !!
Promise next time we will speak french ! un petit peu !!!
Thanks !!
Franck and Vi

Perfect location, friendly staff

by TripAdvisor Member severine35

We stayed in August 2006 for two nights in this hotel. The location is great, nearby metrostation Les Halles/Chatelet. Nearby the Louvre and Les Halles with lots of restaurants. The street is very quiet. We had a room on the back. The room is very small but has a good bathroom - for Paris! Though we had a midsummer price - not that cheap - I'd not stay in high season for the full price. But in summer I'd come back for sure. The staff is very very friendly and helpful.

Comments