72 Boulevard De Strasbourg, 10th Arr., Paris, Ile-de-France, 75010, France

Costs 42% less but rated 24% lower than other 3 star hotels

More about Grand Hotel de Paris

Quaff in Style *9e

by shrimp56 about La Verrière-Inter-Continental Le Grand Hotel Paris

Sometimes when we are on a trip to Paris or another European capital we want to be pampered a bit more than our 2 star budget permits. So we head for a major hotel bar and sink into the couches and order a drink.
This is the atrium in the Inter-Continental Le Grand Hotel Paris lobby. I took it as I was sitting sipping my gin & tonic. [Sacre bleu!!]

Reading the guidebook?Reading the guidebook?

Grand Palais.Grand Palais.

Notre Dame from a bridgeNotre Dame from a bridge

Tuileries - the "bassin octogonal"Tuileries - the "bassin octogonal"

The Legendre Hotel

by FROMBKK

I'm planning to book the room at Legendre Hotel, 149 Rue Paris, Legendre. Does anyone know this hotel? Is it bad? For me, price is a very big deal.

Re: Grand Hotel de Paris 149 rue Legendre

by GUYON

The hotel seems good in a quiet area.
But far from the center (rue Legendre is in North West of Paris) and without a metro station nearby (line 13 only at the stations Brochant, Guy Moquet or La Fourche).
On my advice you can find a hotel more centraly located.
I recently answered (and other VT members did too) at several questions about good and cheap hotels in the center. I suggest you look at these answers in focusing your research on Paris Forum.

Have a good stay.

RAY

Re: Re: Grand Hotel de Paris 149 rue Legendre

by Wakhan

149, rue Legendre is about 300/400 meters far from the metro " Guy Môquet"

restaurants in Montmarte

by ladycroft

we are staying at the Legendre Hotel on Rue Legendre nr Montmarte 75017 next week . Has anyone stayed here and can you suggest somewhere to eat closeby
around 15- euros or less we have a 13 yr old who will try anything.
Also is it worth booking a boat trip from here ( i can get a 2hr coach tour plus 1 hr boat trip for £18 each if I book online. Thanks

RE: restaurants in Montmarte

by supertiti

Do you mean hotel davy-legendre rue Davy ?
(it's the only hotel with legendre in the name and is in the 17th) but that's about 2 km from Montmartre

by ladycroft

no it 's def the Legendre htel 149 Rue Legendre 75017

by supertiti

Than the name of the hotel is 'Grand hotel de Paris' (i checked with the phone book) and it's just around the corner from rue Davy, still in the north 17th (Montmartre is part in the 9th and part in the 18th) - you'll need about 20 minutes by metro to Montmartre area

by suzyq40

I ate at the La Marmite, which was quite nice, pretty cheap as well, and served everything Parisian

by zuriga

I found this on the web:

Legendre Hotel Paris
149 Rue Legendre
Paris, 75017
France

There seem to be no reviews of it on www.traveladvisor.com.

Where is the boat trip??

by raphaellecrevet

Can't tell you about the hotel but i know 18 pounds for a bus tour plus boat is a good deal as the boat your only is about 7-9 euros already and the bus tour about 25-30 euros

RE: restaurants in Montmarte

by Sue08080

If you face Sacre Coeur turn right and walk a short block or two and you will find a few good restaurants. Our favorite is Epi de la Butte run by Patricia and her husband...tiny kitchen and great food. Be careful of pickpockets at the church.

Transport from Beauvais Airport to Hotel in Paris

by LMC1

Hi

I am flying into Beauvais Airport next Friday 15th Feb 08 and was looking at getting the shuttle bus into Paris. The drop off point is Porte Maillot. My hotel is Hotel Grand De Paris, 72 Bouelevard de Strasbourg, 75010. The nearest underground to my hotel seems to be Gare De I'Est ( lines 4 and 5 ). Can anyone tell me how easy it is to get to my hotel from the drop off point at Porte Maillot or would I be better off paying the extra and getting the door to door shuttle service where it is right to my hotel.
First visit to Paris so not very sure at all about transport around it.

Thanks.

by pfsmalo

If you take the metro, easy enough. From Porte Maillot ligne 1 to Chatelet-les-Halles, change ligne 4 to Gare de l'Est. Depends of the amount of baggage you will have as at Chatelet there is some walking to do.

by hawkhead

You will also have a fairish walk from the airport bus drop-off point to the metro. It's not that far but could seem so if you have a large suitcase.

by somestarrynight

I agree with previous suggestions. Once you get to the metro it's straight forward enough but bit of a walk (not too far though i think at first we were abit unsure where to go. It's not acentral drop off point so I'd advise you to factor in plenty of time to get back there to get the shuttel on your return journey. It can seem an inauspicious arrival in Paris - last time I used the Beavais shuttel a few years ago we were just dropped off in a car park at Porte Maillot but it won't ake you long to get to the Paris you've imagined! Enjoy your trip!

Travel Tips for Paris

BODY...

by neopetsfan

BODY {SCROLLBAR-FACE-COLOR:#FFCCFF;SCROLLBAR-HIGHLIGHT-COLOR:#FFFFFF;SCROLLBAR-SHADOW COLOR:#FF99FF; SCROLLBAR-3DLIGHT-COLOR:#FFFFFF;SCROLLBAR-ARROW-COLOR:#CC99FF; SCROLLBAR-TRACK-COLOR:#FFCCFF;SCROLLBAR-DARKSHADOW-COLOR:#FF99FF}
A Picture I've Made of Snowwhite, she's as white as snow :P

Immigration in Paris airport

by CMagalha

Thank you all for the input.

However, it seems I did not make myself clear.

Several brasilians have been "returned home" or deported, when trying entering Spain recently. The Schegen Treat (or whatever they call it), signed by 13 european countries to avoid irregular immigration defined several rules even for serious tourists.

Thus, as I read, they required that one carries EUR 60.00 per day of visitation. In my case, I and my girlfriend intend to be on EU for 29 days. Just do the math.

I can't understand this. A visa would be much more appropriate. I do not want to risk being sent back to Brasil and waste an air ticket and several pre-paid hotel reservations.

So ... does anyone has SOLID information on this issue ?

A sign of former times ...

by shrimp56

The shop signs in Paris are often interesting. A good place to find them is in the passages on the right bank.
This one is for a bookstore that both buys and sells caught my eye inside Galerie Vivienne.

Find a side street and explore...

by TimDaoust

I find it essential when visiting a new town to not just look for the monuments and the museums but to sort of skew off onto a side street or something and see what kind of local culture there is whether it be small book stores, open air markets, or in this case, live music. One Sunday around noon in Paris some friends of mine and I stumbled across this jazz band playing in the street. So we sat and watched for a bit. Kinda cool.

Comments