Satisfaction Very Good
Value Score Average Value
Good For Couples
More about Holiday Inn PARIS-BASTILLE
Greetings from Finland, the land of the midnight sun and the home country of sauna and Santa Claus.
I am coming to France in July.
1) Is it easy to travel by RER from Charles de Gaulle Airport to Holiday Inn Paris Bastille? Do I have to walk much? Is Paris Visit Card valid in this line? Can I buy Paris Visit Card at the airport?
2) Are the water fountains of Versailles open/on only on Sundays?
Thank you very much!
Re: Paris weekend
I just got back from a wonderful Paris weekend... Beautiful there!
It was quite easy to get into the center from the airport.
You have to buy a train ticket for 7.70 Euro. The queue for that was very long but they have ticket machines as well. We got off the train at Gare du Nord and took the metro from there (ticket is valid up to your final destination within Paris).
And I found the metro map quite easy to understand.
Greetings to Finland where I visited almost a year ago :-)
Re: Paris weekend
The most important first. Santa Claus does NOT live in Finland but in Greenland.
Check out my Paris pages for all your options to go from CDG to Paris. To Bastille the RER is probably the best option (if you don't want to pay for a taxi / suttle).
Paris Visit card does not cover the zone of the airport so it doesn't help you to buy the card there - more info at www.ratp.fr (some in English - some in French).
Popular Hotels in Paris
31 Av George V, 8th Arr., Paris
43 avenue Bugeaud, Paris
7 rue du General de Larminat, 15 Arr., Paris
5, rue Chomel, Paris
Explore the World
- Opera Franklin Hotel Paris
- Al Diar Dana Hotel
- Marriott Sydney Harbour Hotel
- Hotel Anagnina
- Howard Johnson Inn - Lancaster
- Pelican Pointe Hotel
- Hotel Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku
- Microtel Inn & Suites Boracay
- Palms Place Hotel Spa
- Hotel Magic Villa del Mar Benidorm
- Heywoods Motor Lodge Rotorua
- Sunrise Le Jardin
- Key Colony Beach Motel
- Samui Resotel