Holiday Inn Paris St. Germain Des Pres

Booking.com Priceline.com Travelocity

Costs 52% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• Scotty1023's Profile Photo

Not bad for the price

Stayed at the Holiday Inn St. Germain and it was OK. I used Priceline.com and it convienent to the subway and the rooms were roomy and comfortable. It was like staying at a motel in the US. So although it wasn't quaint, it was a great deal for the money.

Unique Quality: Location, Close to the subway and a nice neighborhood.

• stappm's Profile Photo

Hotwire

I booked this hotle thru Hotwire.com and got an excellent rate for lodging in Paris. The location could be a bit better. The hotel was ok, what one would expect from Holiday Inn and Paris.... a bit small but ok. The staff was kind and accommodating.

• Koleno's Profile Photo

Holiday Inn -St....

Holiday Inn -St. Germain-des-Pres

Unique Quality: Located in the center of the fashionable Rive Gauche of Paris. This hotel was in a good location and close to the several metro stops.

More about Holiday Inn Paris St. Germain Des Pres

Enjoyed our Stay at the Holiday Inn Paris-St. Germain Des Pres

by TripAdvisor Member luvtravel2

My husband and I recently returned from a 7 night stay at the Holiday Inn Paris-St. Germain Des Pres. We were pleased with our visit, and would stay there again in the future. The location was excellent- one block from the metro, a short walk to the Bon Mache gourmet market, walking distance to numerous bistros, cafes and attractions. Our room was small in comparison to American hotel rooms, but I think that is typical for hotel rooms in Paris. The room was VERY clean. The bathroom was roomy and clean. The shower head was mounted in the middle of the shower wall, but I was happy to have a mounted shower head as those can be hard to come by in Paris! Hotel staff were friendly and helpful. We had numerous interactions with housekeeping and the front desk staff- from questions about lost sunglasses to recommendations for dining- and we were assisted in a professional and courteous manner each time. Our room faced the street and the street noise was bothersome at times. (Due to the warm weather, we slept with the window open at night.) That is my only complaint about this hotel! If you are looking for a reasonably priced clean hotel in an excellent location, this is a very good choice.

HI Paris St. Germain des Pres: A+ location; very average hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Standby4321

The Holiday Inn Paris St. Germain des Pres has an excellent location that puts guests within decent walking distance of the heart of the city's storied Left Bank neighborhoods. This includes the Hemingway haunt that gives the hotel its name, though we would note that it could just as fairly be dubbed "the Montparnasse" with no real loss of accuracy.

Regardless, the location is this hotel's most important attribute, since we can't give it high marks for its standard rooms or overall ambiance. While it may be unique, it has a low to non-existent "charm factor" that may leave you wondering whether you might have been better off going with one of the area's many two or three star properties that would provide comparable or better accommodations at a lower rate. That said, we've also been able to book the Holiday Inn St. Germain for 90 Euros on a pre-paid rate and for that rate in this neighborhood, it is well worth the price and a bit more.

On the plus side, the hotel has three good-sized elevators to service its seven floors and 150+ guest rooms, including 22 suites. The breakfast buffet served in hotel's lower level is decent and well laid-out, but the 18 Euro cost as a separate item is rather pricey. By all means, fold it into your room rate and evaluate the cost that way. We found the staff to be pleasant and helpful. We also felt the housekeeping was good. We loved being able to walk to Luxembourg Garden, the Sorbonne, Boulevard St. Michel, Buci market and all of the rest. There are plenty of convenient places to stop in the neighborhood such as corner brasseries, boulangeries, small grocery stores and more. Shoppers will enjoy the neighborhood, too.

Drawbacks include the fact that there are some small rooms in this hotel and some refurbishing would be welcome. In spite of the hotel's great geographic location, finding a room with a view would be a challenge, too.

Our overall take is that if location is your primary consideration, this place certainly has that quality going for it in spades. It's also easy to book through the ICH group site. Don't pay anything resembling the standard rates or you may be disappointed.

Metro stop: St. Placide, Line 4.

Great stay at the Holiday Inn

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Paris-St. Germain Des Pres for 4 nights in late July, 2005. The hotel was very nice -- well kept with a good staff. The hotel seemed to be upgrading some of the furnishings in the rooms at the time we were there (new lamps, etc.). All the furniture, linens, etc. seemed just fine and the bathroom was clean and worked well (nice powerful shower). The air conditioning was very nice on the hot days and the window also opened fully if you just want a breeze.

The hotel even accommodated our extra large luggage (we were travelling with two bicycles): locking the bikes up in an unused conference room downstairs.

The location is great for quick access to the Metro (St. Placide or Rennes station). The hotel is slightly tucked away from the main streets, so noise was not a problem. Quick walks to nightlife around St. Sulpice or slightly further in the Latin Quarter. The beautiful Luxembourg gardens are just a short walk away. Plenty of bakeries, cafes, shops, small grocery stores just a block or two away. Lots of activity (shopping, restaurants, internet cafes, movies, etc.) by Gare Montparnasse, about 1km from the hotel.

I would definitely stay at this hotel again...good value for a 3-star in Paris.

Great

I loved this hotel. I wouldn't say that the rooms were anything fabulous, but they did the job. Who actually sits in their room anyway....it's Paris for crying out loud!!!!! I thought that it was a great location. There were so many great little shops, patisseries, crepe stands, and restaurants located very close to the hotel. It is a nice little neighborhood, and I felt very safe. There was a metro stop very close to the hotel. Very accessible and easy to use. The hotel was clean and the staff was very helpful and friendly. I really felt very comfortable with the people at the front desk. We asked questions in our best French possible and they would respond in English. They were very nice. I would definitely stay in this hotel again. The only reason why I don't give it an excellent rating is because the rooms were pretty darn small, but then again, that is what I hear about all rooms in Paris. Overall....it is a great place to stay, and I give it two thumbs up!

Buyer Beware

by TripAdvisor Member Travelboo

The hotel is in a great location - 10 feet from two major metro lines. However, the staff at the hotel is anti-American and will speak poorly of you if they assume you can not speak French. In addition, the hotel is behind a school so there are children screaming from 8a.m. until 5p.m. on the playground. The hotel has also started construction so there is loud banging all day long and the hotel staff ignores you when you complain. Fundamentally, the hotel is okay but the staff and the noise make it lousy. For the money, go to a smaller, family owned hotel--having stayed in Paris many times - trust me you are better off.

Very pleasant base to explore Paris

by TripAdvisor Member Meriem

I stayed one night at the Holiday Inn St.Germain des Pres while on a business trip. I got an excellent rate of 73 Euros through the internet (IC hotels website) and as PC Platinum, was upgraded to an executive room on the top floor. The room was quite large (at least for Paris), very comfortable, and the bathroom and amenities were great (Morabito toiletries). Best of all, the hotel is located in a very nice neighborhood - not too touristy but full of good and cheap cafes, bakeries, etc.

I tried to get there from CDG airport by using the Air France bus to Gare Montparnasse. Not my best idea: of you're not familiar with the area it is not easy to find your way from the bus stop. I ended up taking a cab (short ride, but with baggage walking was not really an option).

Very good 3+ hotel

We just came back from Paris.We spent 7 nights at this hotel.I must say that I was a little afraid of what I had read on other reviews about the noisy road that the hotel was supposed to be.All those reviews were lies.If you live in a farm far away from the civilization you might find it noisy.But although the hotel is in the center of Saint Germain is very quiet.The check in was very quick and easy as the girl in the reception spoke terribly good English.The room was smaller than the room of the Holiday Inn Regents Park-London, that we had stayed a few months ago, but it was very clean, the furniture were brand new and all the amenities were as I had expected.The breakfast was very good with a great buffet in a continental style.The cleaning ladies did a great job especially with the bathroom which was rather big with a bath tube and a shower.The position of the hotel is great if you want to explore Paris by tube.Two different lines are almost next to the hotel (lines 12-Rennes & 4-St.Placide) but although St.Placide station is closed until the 27th of May for reconstruction you can always use St.Sulpice station which is about 400m away from the hotel.The only problem is when you try to reach the hotel when you come from the airport and you carry your luggages.Then you might find St.Sulpice station far away.Until the reopening of St.Placide station I would then suggest the following route if you come from airport CDG:Take RER and get off at Denfert Rochereau station.Then take the metro line 4 towards Ports de Clignancourt and get off at Montparnasse Bienvenue and from there take line 12 towards Porte de la Chapelle and get off at Rennes station.The hotel is only 2 blocks away from that station.Believe me I tried another suggested way when I arrived in Paris and I found it not the proper one especially when you carry a lot of luggages.I used my way when I checked out from the hotel and I think it is the easiest and the quickest.I would cetainly use this hotel again in the future.

travel

by hslade2641

What is the best transportation to Charles de Gaulle airport from the Latin Quarter, Holiday Inn St. Germain des pres?

Re: travel

by von.otter

Yes, I agree. Take a taxi. No one travels to save money.

Comments