46 Rue De Trevise, Paris, Ile-de-France, 75009, France

Rated 26% lower than similarly priced 3 star hotels

More about Paris

flower at Ile Saint Louisflower at Ile Saint Louis

Paris, Boulevard DelessertParis, Boulevard Delessert

Looking through the railings.Looking through the railings.

l'amour c'est du désordrel'amour c'est du désordre

Eiffel Tower tour

by Purush

On the Eiffel Tower site I find two types of ticketing:

1. Elevator entrance tickets
to top floor Euro 13.10

2. Stair entrance tickets
(to second floor) Euro 4.50

In case I want to go upto top floor (i.e. 3rd level) do I need to buy only one, or 2. is compulsory, in order to get to second level first & to take a lift from there. As I understand is that the Lift for top floor is available only from 2nd level, if that is the case then I need to buy 1 & 2 both .

And if I book E-ticket for Top floor in how much time I can finish my trip to this great monument with kids ?

Thanks for all ur help. You vt'ers are gr8 community.

Re: Eiffel Tower tour

by marielexoteria

The last time I was at the Eiffel Tower you had to either get the ticket that takes you all the way to the top floor or a combination of stairs+elevator to the top floor. The ticket for 13.10 euros will cover the whole ride to the top and back down.

The reason for this is that the elevator from the ground floor goes only until the 2nd floor and from there you must take another elevator (and those who took the stairs take that elevator as well).

Re: Eiffel Tower tour

by ATLC

Remember you will have another queue if you want to take the elevator from 2nd to 3rd level. That queue can be considerable (that's why I skipped it).

The climb is 750 steps to 2nd level. It's an easy climb if you take it steadily and not go too fast. Children probably do it much easier! In any case, I saw plenty of them about on the stairs.

The 750 steps may take you a 30-45 minutes. They're numbered, that makes the climb easier!

Travel Tips for Paris

The Market

by ladycordelia

Actually, i don't live in Paris. I live right next door in a city with a slightly larger population than Gilroy (about 50,000 inhabitants), Antony. This school year I am giving English lessons in two elementary level schools in Antony. So far, I have only given four class sessions for 6 classes, and for my two final classes I have given only one lesson so far.

But teaching is not the most interesting thing that I've been doing. I really love learning a new method for day to day life.

BASTILLE DAY 2009

by RACCOON1

April is an ideal time to visit Paris. Another good time to be in Paris is for the Basrtille Day celebrations . Terrific atmosphere.

The Bastille Day Parade is the big event. It starts at 10:00 am and the parade moves fast so you have to be at your viewing point , wherever it may be , well in advance.

Women's Safety in Paris

by BeatChick

As a single female traveler to Paris I find that safety is an issue of paramount importance. You'll want to stay in an area where you'll feel safe. A few areas I'd stay away from include the Pigalle area near the Moulin Rouge (ok during the day but not safe to travel at night) and the rue St-Denis area from the 2nd up to the 9th. Reserve these night-time visits when you are with a male friend or a large group.

I have stayed in the 5th arrondissement at the Hôtel les Degrés de Nôtre Dame on the rue des Grands Degrés; although it was a very quiet area it felt very safe.

Also, I've stayed in the Marais/4th arrondissement. While I didn't think the area around the Grand Hôtel Jeanne d'Arc was loud, it was very lively around the Place du Marché Ste-Catherine & I loved hanging out there 'til 1am sometimes - not raucous or loud, just lively, full of people. I loved it. I would stay there again.

I've been to Paris 5 times for a total of 41 days and out of that I've traveled single 4 times for a total of 37 days. I tromp around Paris on my own even in Montmartre, Montparnasse, around and along Canal St-Martin, in the 9th, 10th and the 13th arrondissement (yes, even at night). The only time I've ever felt uncomfortable was walking from Barbés Rochechouart station to Anvers station (because it was practically deserted); not a smart move on my part.

Of course, as in any city it's always a good idea to be aware of your surroundings, constantly checking around you and not walk down deserted places . Walk with you back straight, head erect, walk briskly, walk in a way that would make someone think twice about making you a target. And stick to the main thoroughfares where lots of people travel. Trip before last I stayed in Montmartre for 8 days in youth hostel. Nobody bothered me. I'd get out at Anvers station and walk straight north. It was always crowded. Up around Sacré Coeur, west to Place du Tertre and east down rue Maurice Utrillo. Even up 'til 1am it was crowded with tourists (and this in the low season of February).

Many times I walked the Quartier Latin, the Île de la Cité, the Île St-Louis & the Marais by midnight. I always passed many couples and young groups of people on my way. The wonderful thing about thess areas is that I feel completely safe & comfortable as a single woman walking through it late at night. What immense freedom!

Photo: April 2003

No shorts please

by aemilys

Ok, so I know you're on vacation and you don't care what these people think but please be aware that if you wear shorts in Paris you might as well carry a sign saying I AM A TOURIST!

They may wear short skirts but they never ever wear shorts. Actually they do, but is a subject of much hilarity. Last summer just before the August vacations started one of the lawyers in the firm came to work with Bermudas and shoes with no socks. I guess he was making a statement but he is French and can get away with it.

You will just look silly.

(2) Suitcases!

by xstacey

A wise idea for anyone planning on doing any shopping is to bring two suitcases instead of trying to jam everything into one. Reason primarily is that if you luggage is over a certain weight limit (check with individual airlines - the weights were different in different countries) you will get charged a fee (i paid 30 USD once and then 30 EUR in Spain to France). You can check two bags at no additional cost so why not have the room purchases and save the cash. In winter, be sure to bring an umbrella and weather tolerant coat/ boots. Weather was rainy a good amount of the time we were there - rain, snow, rain again.

Be fashionable. I wouldn't wear old T-shirts or ratty jeans and sneakers unless you want to be imeedaitely spotted and labeled as an "American Tourist". If you still go with this outfit, see my tip under warnings and dangers for beggars - as you'll be a target. Bring benedryl in case of any sort of allergic reaction. Who knows what the process is to get medications there for stuff we can readily get over the counter in the states.

Comments