Hostel Richard

Hotels.com Expedia.com

Tags

Study Abroad Budget Travel Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
illumina's Profile Photo

Only if you're desperate...

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on September 25, 2008

Possibly the worst place I've ever stayed in - the reception was like a very untidy little office, and the room we were given reminded me of a bad student halls room. It was small, bare, on the ground floor with a shutter that didn't close properly, quite a way from the shower/toilet, and worst of all, didn't have any sheets on the bed (hadn't noticed on the website I booked it on that these cost extra!! As did towels - not something I've come across before). Admittedly relatively cheap at 20 euros per person per night, but you'd think they could throw in sheets for that price.

It was within walking distance (half an hour) of Notre Dame, but I'd rather stay somewhere like Montmartre and catch the Metro, than stay here again!

eksploratorki's Profile Photo

For not demanding tourists

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on May 6, 2006

Two words: very cheap, few steps from the metro station and in walkable distance from Pere Lachaise cemetery or la Seine. Rooms are more or less clean, some of them are with bathrooms (we stayed in double with bathroom), poorly furnished (just beds, table, chair and closet), but just enough for young tourists returning there just to get some sleep.
There is a microwave owen in a lobby.
Around the hostel, there are many groceries, a bakery, several cafes of course with croissants :), supermarket and some pharmacies.
Most of the staff speaks English but one lady we've met on our arrival (we think she was from Portugal). She even spoke very strange French (we both know French).
We booked our stay through www.hostels.com, they accept a credit card, there is no curfew, you get your own key to the building, which was very comfortable.
Generally, not recommended for demanding tourists.

Unique Quality: Lowest price in the city center

Directions: 11th district, close to the Place de la Republique. Metro - Voltaire, go to the Rue (street) Richard Lenoir, not the Bulevard Richard Lenoir.

Aleyd's Profile Photo

Cheap and Convenient

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on November 13, 2005

Hostel/hotel is basic but clean. Winding slightly uneven stairs. My room was quiet, but people in another section did complain about their room being noisy. The single room I had had a table, sink and shelves. Their is a toilet between each level and a shower at the end of each level.

Has a microwave. Internet station wasn't working. Can buy drinks from the reception.

Laundromat on same street (less than 5 minutes walk). Supermarket, department store, cafes and photo development store within 5 minute walk. Post office is 10 minutes walk away. Metro station less than 5 minutes walk. Suburb had a great atmosphere.

Check in is 4pm (can deposit luggage earlier). The French lady running the place was less than impressed when I arrived at 8am. But the receptionist organised for me to get in to my room at midday. The receptionists speak very good English.

I booked through www.hostels.com as you can't book directly through Hotel Richard.

For a very cheap hostel/hotel I was very impressed.

Unique Quality: I was very impressed that my room had shelves. I never like to put things in drawers, but with the shelves I could lay my stuff out without risking leaving any of it behind.

Directions: Near Voltaire metro station.

Nearby Hostel Richard

6 Photos of Hostel Richard

View Professional Photos

Paris Travel Forum

Need advice about Paris, France? Visit the Travel Forum for Paris and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Paris hotel reviews