Hotel Aida Opera Paris

Hotels.com Booking.com Travelocity

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

• rcsparty's Profile Photo

Best Western Aida Opera

The hotel's location is perfect if you want to stay in Montmarte. Upon arrival, we realized pushing a stroller from Montmarte to the central attractions makes for a lot of walking. The hotel staff was very helpful and the rooms comfortably fit all 4 of us. The only problem was the parking. You parked down the street in a garage that had extremely tight turns. I came out of that garage with a few scrapes along the side of my car trying to negotiate the turns.

• systravel's Profile Photo

Hotel in Opera District

My husband and I were traveling with another couple and were originally booked with Best Western Axel Opera. Axel was overbooked (good thing- it looked dirty and was terribly smoky) and they paid our taxi fare and immediately booked us at the Aida Opera. We received the same price, 99 Euros including breakfast and I believe the Aida is a superior hotel to the Axel.
    The breakfast was nice, and the staff was very friendly and informative. The rooms were not great. I know French rooms are small, but they don't have to be dreary! However, the mattress was comfortable and the bathroom was reasonably sized. I had trouble sleeping from the constant alley goings on all night, at one point I looked out the window and they were motorcycle racing in the alley around 3 am.
    This aside, the location was fine. I was unsure about the Opera district, as I have stayed in the 16th and 7th previously. The Opera is okay, a little far from everything but the Lafayette Galleries and Printemps were right there, and as always the metro is never far.
    I would recommend this hotel as a good value if you do not mind the walking and meto riding to get to scenic Paris. We had a nice stay, although I would stay closer in next time!

Unique Quality: Nice staff and a small bar in the lobby.This hotel mainly had couples staying there.

Directions: Opera District, next to Lafayette Galleries and Printemps. (out of this world shopping malls!)

More about Hotel Aida Opera Paris

Great Location!

by TripAdvisor Member Concierge4u

Staying at the Best Western Aida Opera was an overall good experience. The hotel is in a busy but safe area with lots of shops and not a far walk to the Galleria and the train station. The front desk staff during the day wasn't as helpful as I thought they should've been or as friendly. However, the night staff was very helpful and friendly, and they gave us great suggestions on things to do and places to go. The rooms were spacious and clean. The complimentary breakfast was usual, but well prepared and the area was very clean.

Pleasant, basic hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Alexandra

This hotel was fine for a mature woman, travelling alone in Paris. Though I have been there several times before, this was first time staying in the 9th arr. I found it to be a good area. There were many shops and restaurants nearby and the walk to the metro was easy. I was up early each morning with the neighborhood commuters and they all seemed very respectable. I always felt safe. Hotel staff were friendly. Room and bathroom were small but worked out OK. Would stay there again.

Americans in Paris

by TripAdvisor Member limbo_8

We were nervous booking a room in another country, the pictures on the websites are often decieving. We took a chance with this hotel because of the price and the reviews on this site. We lucked out with a corner room which was more than enough for two people with luggage. We were very pleased considering how many stories we heard about how small the rooms are in Paris. (we did catch a glimpse of a regular room which seemed really small) The room was clean with the execption of the musty smelling shower curtain. It was not waterproof and every morning there would be a puddle on the floor after our showers. This is the only complaint about this place. We felt very safe here, and the majority of the staff was friendly and helpful. It was close to the Metro ( a few blocks ) and we found many good late night resturants within walking distance. Overall, we were very pleased for the price and 2 out of three front desk persons were extremely helpful and friendly. Enjoy your trip!!
Lisa and Eric, New York

Enjoyed stay, basic but would certainly recommend

by TripAdvisor Member hey47

We stayed for a long weekend with our two children in a family room with 2 double beds. The room was good size and very clean. Especially the bathroom had a good layout and size. Although we had booked as a family we did have to ask for the extra towels. The hotel staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The breakfast is not cheap but worth it. We would have liked some more channels on our flatpanel TV screen. We found just 3 french, none of the international news channnels.
We picked the hotel for it's excellent location just 5 minutes walking from Gare du Nord. We were not dissapointed. Also plenty of restaurants within walking distance.

Cool neighborhood near gare du nord

by TripAdvisor Member dipti29

We (my husband, our 10yr old son and myself) stayed at this hotel for 5 nights. The first three nights we stayed in a very dark awkward room that faced the elevator shaft. It was quiet so we slept well there. After seeing how bright and sunny the rooms on the street side were I asked if we could change rooms and were much happier in our top floor street side room for the last two nights that looked over the lovely paris roof tops. This room was also laid out much better and a nice place to read or work.

Breakfast seemed very expensive to our weak American dollars (25 euros/ person `$50!). For less than 5 euros we were able to have an excellent breakfast at a near by bakery with a few little tables. There we got excellent coffee and a filling fresh baguette sanwich (smoked salmon, goat cheese, chicken, egg, ham & cheese, etc...), or coffee/tea/hot chocolate and croissant for 3 euros(plus fabulous sweet pastries). You could also buy organic yogurt with fruits in a little glass bottle for 1 euro in the bakery or a near by market.

Lots of great places to have dinner in that area - especial the hotel right across the street with a pre fix menu. Many metro stations are near by. Also able to walk from here to the river with in 20 mins. Very convent for train traveling took us 10 mins to walk from the train station with all our luggage.

Really poor, but great location

by TripAdvisor Member ProudmomAtlanta

My daughter and I spent 3 nights as part of an Air France package. The location on a quiet street handy to two Metro stations and interesting shops was excellent.
However, the room, bathroom, breakfast and service were way below standard. Poor lighting, missing bulbs in the room. Tiles missing in bathroom exposing pipes and drains and less than meticulous cleaning. The hairdryer kept shorting out and was not serviced or replaced when I requested. The continental breakfast was disappointing. It was the only bad food we had in Paris. Stale bread and pastry, even the coffee was bad. No excuse..this is Paris.
Probably the worst, though, was being double charged ( and excessively) for phone calls. My suitcase was AWOL courtesy of Air France for an entire week .The desk staff, seemingly helpful on occassion did make some calls on my behalf. However, when I made, what should have been local calls to the airline from my room, trying to locate my lost bag, not only where they excessively charged, but on inspection, each call was charged twice... I did not pick this up until it was too late. A few of the front desk people were helpful, but the overall service and condition of the hotel was disappointing.

Something to sing about (groan!)

by TripAdvisor Member LiziMoon

Booked this hotel as part of Eurostar travel package. Excellent location. Only about 15 mins walk from Gare du Nord which was very handy as we had quite bulky backpacks. Also good starting point to walk or Metro to other areas of Paris. We even walked to the Sacre Coeur from there with not much effort at all (and my bod's not exactly a lean mean walking machine). Local enough to excellent restaurants only about 10 minutes or so walk away but without having the disadvantages of being too close to noise and bustle. Hotel welcoming, in good condition and well decorated. Staff friendly and helpful. Although "double" bed was twins beds pushed together, both beds very comfortable and still able to have a snuggle. We noticed straight away that our safe was not working in our original room so we phoned reception and told them. A maid was immediately sent up to investigate and, finding that there was indeed a problem with the safe, we were moved straight away to the vacant room next door without any problem or quibble. This worked out really well for us as we were able to stay in a much more spacious room at no extra cost. We didn't bother having breakfast at the hotel. We bought some croissants and extra tea, coffee and milk instead and made use of the rather handy fridge in our room. If we were to stay in the same area of Paris again, we would certainly be happy to re-visit this hotel and I would recommend it to a friend.

Perfect for family

by TripAdvisor Member altatripper

We stayed in a clean room with two double-beds. Perfect for a family of four. The location is quiet in the night and we found a lovely Moroccan restaurant just a few minutes away. It is a 5-7 minutes walk to the Metro, station Cadet, and it is easy to go to airport Charle de Gaulle with bus from station Opéra, only three stops away.

Comments