Hotel Andrea Rivoli

3, rue Saint Bon, 04 Arr., Paris, 75004, France

• Radiomom's Profile Photo

Bright and Cheery in Great Location

This is a bargain priced hotel in a fabulous location. There is AC and you can access email at the front desk for a small fee. Typical tiny Parisian elevator that barely fits your luggage -- we generally took the winding stairway. Our room was bigger than the standard double at Grand Balcons (across the river, for example), but I think the hotels are pretty comparable. You could hear people in the hallways, but that may have also just been our neighbors:

knock knock --

"Hey Mom -- It's me --- are you ready yet?"

But I've stayed in places that were noisier. And there was very little street noise. There is a "club" next door -- I kept meaning to look it up online once we got home as I had some suspicions about it -- it is a "Swingers Club." ahem. (But there was no noise and no crowd so it really wasn't a problem. We noticed a doorman on duty on Saturday night, but no real activity.) The little block that comprises St. Bon is very discreet and pretty quiet. There's actually an entrance to an underground parking lot a couple doors down, but again it's not a noise producer.

Unique Quality: I just loved the colors they used in the rooms -- very cheerful and bright, and the bathroom was lovely.

Since we had a 7:30AM flight out on a Monday, we had the front desk arrange a shuttle pick up for us at 5AM and it worked out wonderfully. (We set it up the day we checked in so we wouldn't forget.)

Directions: In the Marais, steps away from the rue de Rivoli, it is near the Pompidou and many fine restaurants. The Chatelet metro stop is really big and confusing, but you can also use the Hotel de Ville stop and it's a quick walk.

• shrimp56's Profile Photo

Good choice in the Marais! *4e

Hotel Andrea Rivoli is a well-run 2 star just off rue Rivoli and between Chatelet and Hotel de Ville.

At Andrea Rivoli the elevator was out of service for most of my stay ... and my room was on the 4th floor, that is 5th. Part of the problem was the holiday and then the weekend. I had a single -- carved out of the space between the elevator and the spiral staircase.

The room is basic, but cheerful, with an interesting shape because of the staircase. I was on a courtyard. The bathroom is absolutely spotless, nice new tile and SMALL. Did I say small? You walk in and you are at the sink. You turn right and you might as well sit on the toilet -- to the left is the shower, big enough, actually, but there is no leeway to speak of otherwise.

From the floor plan on the door it looks as though the rooms ending in 05 have no window:( I could be wrong, but that was what it seemed like. I have no idea which type of rooms those are.

Unique Quality: Location between two metro stops and positioned for touring the Marais. A very pleasant and efficient front desk.

• sue_stone's Profile Photo

Hotel Andrea Rivoli - Le Marais District

Hotel Andrea Rivoli is a 2 star hotel located in Le Marais, the 4th arrondissement (district) of Paris.

The hotel is situated between the Seine and the George Pompidou Centre, close to the Hotel de Ville. Just off Rue Rivoli, it is close to many shops and restaurants and only a couple of minutes walk from the metro station Hotel de Ville.

Unique Quality: We were very pleased with the quality of the hotel. Our room was a good size (for Paris) with a very clean bathroom and all mod cons. The staff were friendly and helpful.

When we stayed in May 2004 it was 80 euro for a double room, which we thought was very good value considering its excellent proximity to many sites.

It wasn't luxury, but a clean and centrally located hotel in Paris that doesn't break the bank is always a good find in my book!

Directions: Nearest Metro: Hotel de Ville or Chatelet

• ocvbgrl's Profile Photo

A good budget choice

Perfect. If you are on a budget and want something that is 1) clean, 2) affordable and 3) in a great location--this is a good choice. Friend and i stayed there in april. staff was very friendly and helpful---great with directions, suggestions for dinner, booking moulin rouge tickets and arranging for transport to airport when it was too early to use trains. would definitely stay here again.
    stayed in a double room--approx 85 euro/night.

Comments