Hotel Apollo

Hotels.com Agoda.com Travelocity

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

• bisous333's Profile Photo

Opposite the Gare du Nord station

The room decor was quite heavy and luxurious, we only stayed there for 2 nights in freezing January. It provided a nice haven from the rain, and allowed us to get some good TV viewing of our favourite reality TV show at the time - The Batchelor (french version).

We didn't eat breakfast or anything here so can't comment on that, but due to the location, there are many places to eat and drink just around the corner. The guy at the front desk took our passports and then charged us 60 euros for the 2 nights, a double room. Pretty good deal, we thought at the time.

Unique Quality: It's handy as it's just opposite the station and in front of the metro entrance.

Directions: Well it's difficult to miss really!

• Tallchick80's Profile Photo

At the edge of the tracks....

The Hotel Apollo is in a great location for people who need to be near the trains (Airport, Eurostar) The front desk staff were VERY friendly and VERY helpful. I stayed with my brother in October 2005 for three nights and when we got to our room we saw that it consisted of ONE very small bed. I asked for a new room, and they gave me a room with TWO beds at no extra cost. The rooms are very small, and we had a tough time storing our luggage. It reminded me a lot of a youth hostel. We had a balcony that overlooked the train station, and while during the day this was great for the view, at night it was hell. I didn't get any sleep until I managed to find my ear plugs. We were subjected to shouting, screaming, sirens, music, and constant noise. It was misery making. I had a few uncomfortable moments there, especially when I saw some seedy looking people hanging out in the lobby (read: prostitute) and beggars by the front doors.

However, the maids always made the room up everyday and were good about cleaning up. And like I said, the front desk staff were very friendly and helpful.

I wouldn't recommend this hotel for a honeymoon, or people who are used to luxury accomodations. I'd say this hotel is good for backpackers who don't want to stay in a hostel, and for younger people who can be a bit more tolerable with where they stay.

Unique Quality: Across the street from Gare du Nord (access to Charles De Gaulle aeroport, and Eurostar trains) Direct access to the metropolitain train system.

Directions: Across the street from Gare du Nord

• fouads's Profile Photo

3 star hotel

Paris is full of hotels and you can,t have decide at any one you will stay and it,s done for hotel price and clean etc, and from the hotels i founded is Appolo Hotel , it good and clean with good price 2 person for 60 Euro per night and in compare in the prices in paris i think it,s very good

Unique Quality: Only room with Tv ,Shower and path put very clean