11, rue Simon-Le-Franc, 04 Arr., Paris, Ile-de-France, 75004, France

Hotels.com Booking.com Expedia.com

• sue_stone's Profile Photo

Hotel Beaubourg - Le Marais district

Hotel Beaubourg is 3 star hotel in Le Marais, the 4th arrondissement (district) of Paris.

It is in a fabulous location, very close to some excellent bars and restaurants, near the George Pompidou Centre and only a couple of minutes walk from Rambuteau or Hotel de Ville metro stations.

Unique Quality: At a cost of 118 euro per night (double room in April 2005), we were expecting a decent room and good experience. Our room was fine….on the small side, but had all the added extras that you get with a 3 star hotel. We weren't thrilled with it though….the décor was a little OTT and dated and the room was not a clean as it should have been.

Breakfast (at an additional cost) was served in an interesting cellar-like room.

Although our stay was absolutely fine, we found it overpriced compared to the hotel we had stayed the previous year and would not be rushing back to the Hotel Beaubourg.

Directions: Nearest Metro: Rambuteau or Hotel de Ville

More about Hotel Beaubourg

Great Hotel in Good Location!

by TripAdvisor Member BT-Travels

We stayed at Hotel Beaubourg in December for four nights. We had a wonderful experience as the hotel was not only in a great location, but it was clean, very comfortable and the staff was friendly! There are two metro stops which are a few blocks from the hotel and many sights may be reached by foot. Our room was very quaint with low beamed ceilings, attractive decor, and a window to a quiet street below. The room was quite large and had a good size closet for belongings and a mini fridge where we kept snacks. While the bathroom was in need of a renovation, the whole room was clean and three of us adults felt very comfortable! I would definitely recommend eating breakfast at any of the local businesses outside of the hotel as there are many, and the hotel breakfast is expensive for the very little one receives. Overall though, a wonderful hotel and I would recommend it for a lovely stay in Paris!

Great bargain!

by TripAdvisor Member tommydcanada

The hotel Beaubourg is a great find. It's very centrally located in the Marais, which is particularly good for gay and lesbian travelers.

The room was a good size and faced the courtyard, so it was nice and quiet. The bed was comfortable. We reserved a king room, and this bed was somewhat smaller than a traditional king size bed, but still ok.

Petit dejeuner, served in the downstairs breakfast room was very good and included in the price of the room. You had the choice of a plain or ham omelette, which came with baguettes and pastries and marmalade, coffee and juice. Delicious!

The front desk staff, while helpful, were not very friendly. In fact most of the time they would completely ignore you if you walked by them.

Will definitely be back again and again!

by TripAdvisor Member dmcnnyc

I recently had the pleasure of staying at the Hotel Beaubourg for the second time. Having stayed at the hotel before, I remembered it as being very clean, the staff friendly and the rooms quaint and having a very traditional French decor. In addition to myself, my parents also stayed at the hotel. When we arrived, I was pleasantly suprised to find the hotel even nicer and more charming than I remember. It appears as if they have done some remodeling in the rooms. Both mine and my parents rooms were immaculate. The staff was great and you can not beat the location. Whenever I am in Paris I will always try to stay at this hotel for the price, quality, service and location simply can not be beat.

Great location; pleasant stay

by TripAdvisor Member mountainwoman

I stayed three nights at Hotel Beaubourg based on the posting on Trip Advisor and loved this hotel. We were a party of four adults, staying in two adjacent rooms. One room was significantly larger than the other but both were the same price. Our rooms were on the 1st floor (not ground floor) at the front. Yes there was construction nearby, but only during the day when we were out of the room anyway. The location is superb. Great cafes nearby. About six blocks north of Notre Dame. We had a refrigerator for our snacks; we got international CNN. The breakfast was convenient, but a little expensive. The staff spoke English and was friendly to us. On the day we left, our shuttle was late in picking us up and the woman at the front desk repeatedly contacted the company for us to make sure they were coming. The location of the hotel is on a one lane, one way street that the shuttle driver could not find. But it is only feet from a major street, so you do not feel like you are far from the action. For the price, it is a great alternative to the big tourist hotels in Paris.

Room (at 160 euro per night) was absolutely tiny

I stayed there for three nights. The location of the hotel is excellent. Several wonderful cafes and restaurants within a few minutes of the front door. The major sights are close by. The staff at the hotel were nice and the hotel was kept very clean (I didn't breakfast there - went to a nearby cafe instead - better value).

On the negative side: The room was tiny tiny tiny, smaller than any I've ever stayed in in Paris and I do go there a lot! I'm a small thin guy (168cm tall), but still I had to turn sideways to walk around the double bed. If I opened the bedroom door or the window, I could no longer get to the curtained narrow closet beside the head of the bed. Also, there wasn't any floor space to put my rather small bag unless I left it at the entry to the bathroom. The bathroon was just the width of a narrow corridor. If you sit on the loo, your head will touch the opposite wall.

My room number was no. 1 on the ground floor. From my lying position in the bed I could read the fire warning on the back of door, which included a plan of the hotel. From that plan the other rooms in the hotel didn't appear to be noticably bigger.

Based on the size it was definitely overpriced at 160 Euro per night. I would not stay there again for that reason. So if you're a large person, it's definitely not a good place for you to stay.

A rare discovery

by TripAdvisor Member Senior Aussie

This charming small hotel is a rare find! Situated on the edge of the Marais area of Paris, it is to be found in a tiny street (rue Simon Lefranc) almost next door to the Pompidou Centre. The furnishings are delightful, the beds most comfortable, and best of all, it is extremely quiet! It is air conditioned (so there’s no need to open windows) and also a lift. The staff are most helpful. Traditional French breakfast of coffee and croissant is an optional extra (lovely breakfast room downstairs). There are lots of restaurants in the area, in all price ranges, and also good shopping. A fascinating place to explore!
All up, this hotel is extremely good value for money and we recommend it highly. We would certainly stay there again.

Great Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member dfence44

Booked two rooms (1 w/2 adults and 1 child (14) the other room w/2 adults)...Was very happy with the rooms, clean, with lots of storage (clothes) extra pillows/blankets, and bed was very comfortable... The bathroom, hotel service and the in the room controlled AC made up for it... Location is great...Just a short (3-5 blocks) walk from Notre Dame... Lots of restaurants, shops and a small market (food/drinks) just around the corner... Bathrooms were also very nice and the whole hotel, including the rooms was very clean... You will enjoy your stay... If we ever go back I will pick this Hotel....

Jeff

Great Location, but hotel needs updating

by TripAdvisor Member Brian&Alan

Hotel is in a great location in the heart of the Marais district, close to Centre de George Pompidou. We stayed in room 51 which was on the top floor. The room layout was very much loft styke with low ceilings and characterful beams. Although the room was big, the bathroom had no shower. It did have a bath with a shower head, but no shower door, or curtain which made it very unpractical. At first sight, the room is very dated and in need of TLC. That said, it was clean and the area was reasonably quiet, being on the top floor. We only stayed one night, so it was fine for EUR115. Overall impression was average. We didn't have breakfast as there is much better available within a few mins walk.

Paris-3 times & still Charming! Prepping for 2005

by suzyav8trix

"Getting Ready for Paris -- 2005"

My husband and I have planned a trip to Paris this year in June.

We've splurged and booked L'espace Affaires (business class) on Air France out of San Francisco, returning via Los Angeles. I think I'm about to get "spoiled".

We have booked a room at Hotel Beaubourg in the 4th. From what I have read here on VT and at tripadvisor. com and from a classmate, looks like we've picked a good location. We'll be there for 6 nights. Of couse I'll add a review to my tips after our stay.

We picked that location due to it's proximity to all the wonderful Paris sight-seeing treasures. You see, this year we're not just going to the Paris Air Show (PAS). We're going back to the Musee d'Orsay, and we want to see St Chapele, and maybe the Luxembourg gardens and maybe back to Versailles and I want to buy another Hermes scarf and well...you get the picture. I know that we don't have time for all that in the 2 days we've allotted, but we'll figure out which we really want to do before we leave...

Also, I believe this location, in or near the Marais, is great for just wandering around the neighborhoods and seeing real Parisians and finding the restaurants that the locals frequent.

We'll also be attending the PAS for 3 days and commuting by RER line 2 out of the Chatelet les Halles to Le Bourget and taking the show shuttle from there.

So, if any one is reading this and has any suggestions or tips, please feel free to email me.

Hotel Beaubourg - Comments about & area Restaurant Recommenations

by suzyav8trix

Bonjour.

My husband and I will be visiting Paris in June for a week. We think we have found a hotel for us - Hotel Beaubourg, 11 rue Simon le Franc, in the 4th. Does anyone know anything about this hotel and/or location -- good or bad ??

Also, I understand that thise hotel is close to the Marais and lots of great restaurants. This is our 3rd trip to Paris and I have been to Toulouse on business 3 times in the past 2 years. We are done with the "touristy" things and looking for more "authentic" food and experiences. So, can you please help us narrow down our restaurant/cafe choices? We do not expect to be in this area for lunch...but would be walking to Chatelet les Halles on most mornings to catch the B train...where should we stop for coffee and pastries?? And on a Sunday morning, anywhere in the area -- where can we get a long, leisurely breakfast? Then of course, we'll be back in the area most every night looking for a good place for dinner... We are especially looking for good value and good wine, too. And, I love foie gras -- it's soooo good in Toulouse -- can it be had in this area???

(note: I'm severely allergic to soft shell seafood, so no seafood restaurant recommendations -- thanks!)

Merci beaucoup.