Hotel Bellevue Montmartre

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 20% less than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• josiejo's Profile Photo

Cheap, decent accommodation.

Our hotel was the place to get washed and sleep, basically - we didn't want or need any more than this, as we had lots to do in Paris. There are many good deals to be had for this hotel - usually with the Eurostar.

Facility-wise, it's basic - the room didn't have a fridge, but then again, we didn't need one either - so this wasn't a problem. The staff on reception were friendly and helpful - and we had no problems at all.

Check-in is at 4pm - we were able to get to our room slightly earlier, though not much - there is no secure lock up for cases, so we had to sign a form which basically meant if our case was stolen, the hotel weren't responsible - it would have been a nice touch for them to have had a secure lock up facility. As it was, the case wasn't stolen, we got to wander around the gardens around the Sacre Coeur (about 2 mins from the hotel), and we got our room.

While it wasn't the quietest of rooms (mainly in the morning as the rooms were being cleaned), it definitely wasn't the noisiest. We got clean towels each day, and they even re-made the bed (my attempt must have been bad!). The floors were clean, we had a room at the front, and there was no outside noise to wake us up.

All in all, I have no problems with this hotel - it's in Montmartre, and walkable from Gare du Nord - with three Metro stops very close by. I'd definitely stay here again if I was to come to Paris again.

Directions: From Anvers metro stop, walk towards the Sacre Coeur, and you're pretty much there - it's on Rue d'Orsel to the right.

• Well Placed for Sacre Couer & Montmatre

We located the hotel quite easily from ANVERS Metro station but later found that it is also well-placed for both ABBESSES and BARBES ROCHECHOURT - handy, as they are on different Metro lines, enabling easy direct routing for later sightseeing. (Actually, you could use BR as your station for arrival - thus avoiding a line change, if coming from Gare Du Nord)

The latter Metro (BR) is near to the famous TATI cheapshop, if you are into scrumming for a bargain - plenty of streetsellers as well but they soon go away with a dismissive 'Merci'!

We liked our room - clean, well furnished & reached by lift. The bathroom was tiny tho' fully equipped - OK for me but my wife was less keen!

Breakfast consists of a pre-loaded plate with 1-piece each of bread/croissant/pain au chocolat plus cheese & jam packs and orange juice. Suppose this helps them with costs, as you are getting a standard amount - OK but I happen to love french bread, to excess!! Coffee& tea as required, of course.

Reception perfectly helpful and as friendly as I require - I don't want them to kiss me, really!

Lots of eateries nearby, just head in direction of ABESSES to find them. Sacre Couer is really very close - take the steps for excercise or the funicular, if you are lazy (uses a Metro ticket, either way). Lots of eateries up there as well, plus many tourists - fun to sit & watch!

• avanutria's Profile Photo

Staying in the Fabric District!

This was a nice hotel, clean and tidy. The staff spoke French and English, and a very plain breakfast was included in the room price (croissant, french bread, that chocolate bread thing, and juice). The room had a TV, a heater, and a window but no fridge.

If you're looking for someplace to crash while visiting Paris for a few days, this would suit. It's not particularly special - not the cheapest, not the closest - but seemed good for our purposes. If you are visiting in colder weather you can put food on the windowsill to chill.

All the shops in the surrounding streets seemed to sell fabrics ("tissus" in French)! Not sure why. It was interesting to see all the different kinds though.

Unique Quality: Within walking distance of the Sacré-Coeur, Moulin Rouge and the fruit and veg shop from the movie Amélie.

Directions: Very close to Gare du Nord train station which is where the Eurostar comes in.

• bdwoot's Profile Photo

Well-located, fairly cheap, and very predictable

It is across the street from Gare St.-Lazare, so you can get anywhere easily from here. The rooms are small but complete, the owner slightly cranky but always available, the breakfasts are croissants and cafe au lait. It is very near Printemps and Galleries Lafayette so if shopping is your thing, this is your place. The neighborhood is safe and there is a bistrot downstairs that gets the job done nicely.

Be careful, there are several Hotels with the name "Bellevue". Google search on the address in quotes and you will get the right place.

Unique Quality: Nondescript. Narrow stairs, a tiny elevator, cable TV, very close to the metro. It is the cheapest nice accomodations I know of in Paris.

Directions: Across from Gare St. Lazare, about ten blocks east of Champs Elysee, four blocks north of La Madeleine, and two blocks from Boulevard Haussmann and all the big stores.

More about Hotel Bellevue

Hotel in La Ciotat

by sim1 about Hotel Bellevue

I found Hotel Bellevue in La Ciotat by driving around in this village. I tried to get accommodation in Cassis, a real tourist town on the coast, close to Marseille. But either everything was fully booked or terribly expensive, so I decided to give it a try in La Ciotat. This village is only a few kilometres down the road from Cassis and the prices for accommodations here are totally different.

Hotel Bellevue is not a luxury place, it is very very basic. But the location is great, right at the harbour of this little village, and the price was great as well! Only 35 euro for a double room per night instead of 100 euro in Cassis! Like I said, the rooms are very basic and small, so maybe not the best option for a long stay. But I only was here to sleep, so I didn't see much of the room anyway, lol. I was very happy to have found this place!

Breakfast is not included in the price. If I remember well that was 5 euro per person. I took breakfast here as it was convenient. The breakfast wasn't that much though, tea or coffee, orange juice and a croissant.

Paris Châtelet-Les Halles 2 star hotel

by whitelilysummerain about Hotel Bellevue et du Chariot D'Or

I stayed at this hotel the first week in August 2006 as a convenient location to get into Paris and to get the train to Disneyland.
There was four of us 2 adults and 2 children and this was the only hotel I found with a quad room near to the Châtelet-Les Halles station, which took us about 10-15 mins to walk too.

The en suite room had a double bed and two singles and was spacious, it had two large windows but the view was of a wall of windows just like ours.
Rue de turbigo was a big street which made it easy for us to always find our way back, and everything we needed was only a stones throw away.
It had a lift small though it was, which was handy for our luggage especially seen as we were on the 5th floor, which the kids loved, and the staff spoke English and were mostly pleasant.
The breakfast was optional between 7:30 and 10:00 and offered enough croisants, bread, cereal, fruit juice and coffee to see you through to lunch.

We just wanted somewhere to sleep and didn't require anything speacial, this hotel met our needs perfectly, and was one of the cheaper priced for quads.
double rooms I noticed were around 65 euros per night
quad rooms were 95 euros per night
breakfast was just over 5 euros

I'd stay there again.

Terrible Hotel!

The Hotel Bellevue promises much and delivers nothing.

The rooms were tiny, with broken fittings and poor cleanliness.

Views were awful.

Blood on the shower curtain.

Stained bedclothes.

Out of date butter in the breakfast room.

Yeuchhh!

Budget Travellers Only!!

My partner and I went with a friend of ours to Paris in November 2005. We booked the Bellevue through a Last Minute deal where it was classed as a 3 star hotel - its closer to a 2 star. I highly advise taking a map to find the hotel from the Eurostar station, otherwise you may get lost! Upon arrival, we were surprised to find out about the 100 Euro cash deposit per room - we had to backtrack to a cash machine to get this sorted. Last Minute had also not sent through the details for our friend's room despite the rooms being booked all together and although the hotel manager was able to sort it out, he was quite rude during the process. When we finally got to our room, it was pretty average. Breakfast consisted of a bad coffee and a croissant which we had on the first day but skipped the rest of the week. The hotel is in a great location - the surrounding streets look a bit dodgy but the Sacre Cour and Montmarte are just a short walk away. If you are a budget traveller and get a good price for this hotel I would still recommend it.

Fantastic price-quality relation

Me and my girlfriend were at Bellavue for 4 days, the treat is great, one day we woke up late so we loose the breakfast but the woman at the reception brough it to our room for free!! can you believe it? the rest of the personal is very kindfull, the rooms are ok. You have to think you are not in a 4 or 5 stars but everything is clean and complete. Bellavue's price is the only cheap thing I remember from Paris.

Location issues

This hotel cost me over $160.00 for a night. It has no airconditioning and was very hot and leaving the windows open is a necessary option but you won't get any sleep because of the noise. The bed linens could have been cleaner. The real problem with this hotel is that the hotel is located in a not so desirable area of Paris. I did not know this when I made the reservation and would not have stayed except that I was told that I would be charged for the room whether I stayed or not. This is common when you book hotels in France. It also happened to me in England. I tried to walk around the area but ended up returning to the hotel, as hot as it was because it did not seem safe to be walking around that vicinity at night. I would not stay in that area again or at that hotel.

Hotel Bellevue in La CiotatHotel Bellevue in La Ciotat

Paris hotel in Marais

by kadaffodil

Has anyone stayed at Hotel Bellevue et du Chariot d'Or in the Marais? What is the area like.? Could you walk to Place des Vosges.? We have reservations for October at another hotel behing Place de Vosges but it is 40 euros more a night.

Comments