Hotel Bertha

More about Paris

Eiffel Tower Shop, ParisEiffel Tower Shop, Paris

Le Grand PalaisLe Grand Palais

Tea Room at Rodin GardensTea Room at Rodin Gardens

Statues of Saint Pierre du Chaillot, Oct 2009Statues of Saint Pierre du Chaillot, Oct 2009

Cirque de Paris

by emmweb

Can anyone provide any details about the Day the Circus that Cirque de Paris offers? The website isn't very specific. My husband juggles in shows and such and is somewhat interested in what we've read about the Day at the Circus, but I'm worried it's a little more oriented towards children. Any details someone could provide would be fantastic. Thanks so much,
Erin

Re: Cirque de Paris

by Odinnthor

Yes, you are correct in that Cirque is geared much towards children. However the artists are of high quality, and well worth a look.

Here is a review from TripAdvisor...

Here are some photos of interest.....

Travel Tips for Paris

Walking along the Seine and...

by RodeKill69

Walking along the Seine and visiting the museums is a great thing to do in Paris. Also if you're an American student, check out either the bars 'Frog and Princess' or 'Frog and Rosbif'. It was my home for many months. All of it! I miss walking out of my class and seeing Notre Dame and sitting by a cafe for hours at a time with nothing to do, but eat, drink and be merry (a little too merry).

Le Somnambule

by 36waterfalls

I found this gorgeous piece of art in one of the backgardens and loved it straight away! It's called The Sleepwalker (walking on the moon) by artist DeMiller from 1983. Wherever I walked after this discovery I kept seeing it and it kept putting a smile on my face. So I took lots of pictures!
There's a lot of great art in La Defense. Check out my Travelogue for more pictures.
Enjoy!

Arc de Triomphe

by Sharrie

Well, everyone has seen this one before, right?
Who hasn't? :-)

ARC DE TRIOMPHE: Situated at the hub of Haussmann's web of 12 avenues & is the ultimate symbol of Napoleon's military pretensions and might.

Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821): His 14-year reign (1800-1814) changed the Parisian skyline and his military campaigns made Paris capital of the greatest European empire since Charlemagne.

Most tips I learned from our...

by Isilyn

Most tips I learned from our tour guide, who was born and raised in Britain. However, she's been guiding for...I believe...20-some years. French people are a tad bit...nervous...about speaking English. So, if you're an American like me, try saying the few French words you do know, so they know that your French, no matter how bad their English may be, is worse than their attempts. It's just the way it is. And if you are nervous, realize that they are, too. Here are some starters for you:
Hello Bonjour bohn-joor
Goodbye Au revoir aw-rev-wa
Please Sil vous plait see-voo-play
good evening bonsoir bon-swah
yes oui wee
no non non

If you just can't get yourself to speak a little French, a smile goes a long way. Smile, act nice, and have fun!

Another treasure found in Paris!

by tzuki

Shakespeare & Company is not a simple Library neither a normal bookstore - It is a mix of both and also a place where the owners live.
In the basement floor is the bookstore with a bit of everything in French and English languages. Shelves full of beautiful books.
In the first floor, you will find an uncommon library as it could be a house with the walls full of shelves full of books.

This place really called my attention and pushed me to go it - I do love books but also it has to be with those places that I normally found in my way, as the one in my Israel page called "The little Prince", similar kind of place.

We spent long time there taking photos, listening the music from the piano (at back side, just in the basement floor before the stairs), talking to owners, looking for books, very nice moments, truly memories!

* I also bought a book there: " Kafka on the shore" by Haruki Murakami ^-^