Hotel Best Western Trianon Rive Gauche

BEST WESTERN Trianon Rive Gauche Hotel
Booking.com Hotels.com Travelocity

Costs 32% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• MaryCollier's Profile Photo

Great location but pipes are noisy

My daughter, granddaughter and I stayed at this hotel for one week in Sept. 2012. We had a room with 3 single beds. I use a small electric scooter for travel because of a paralyzed leg. It was somewhat of a challenge at this hotel because they did not have a ramp. My daughter and I had to lift the scooter up and down one high step at the entry of the hotel. Also, the elevator was barely big enough to accommodate my scooter with some skillful maneuvering. Also the water pipes make noises throughout the day as water is being used in the rooms. Other than that, the room was comfortable, with good air conditioning and centrally located to access the most popular Paris tourist sites. This hotel was included in a Delta Airlines vacation package.

Directions: Rental bicycles right across the street, close to grocery store, restaurants and shopping. About 6 blocks from Notre Dame Cathedral

• great view and location

The Trianon Rive Gauche was fantastique!! The lobby was great, the rooms were adorable (of course, Euro-small), and we had a spectacular view! The service was great, the staff at the front desk knew a lot and the continental breakfasts were great! A croissant, a choc-amandes, and a mini baguette were on every plate to start with. Now thats a good sign :).

• Nice Hotel

The location of the hotel was really good. Walking distance to Notre Dame with loads of bars and restaurants within walking distance from the hotel.

The staff were really helpful and friendly.

The room was a bit small but that's all, I would definitely recommend this as a place to stay.

More about Hotel Best Western Trianon Rive Gauche Hotel

EXPATRIATE PARIS

by BeatChick

I state on my Paris home page that Paris feels like home to me. I feel that if reincarnation is true that surely I must have lived in Paris from the 1920s to the '40s because I feel so closely associated with the Expat movement. Some of the famous expatriates that draw me to Paris are the Fitzgeralds, F. Scott & Zelda, the Hemingways, T. S. Eliot, Josephine Baker, Gertrude Stein & her brother Leo & Alice B. Toklas, Henry Miller & many, many more that you've probably discerned from reading my Off-the-Beaten-Path tips.

On my next trip I plan to include the haunts of Richard Wright, the black American expatriate writer who lived in Paris from 1946 until his death in 1960 (his ashes are in Père Lachaise) & who was a close friend of Sylvia Beach's (she published James Joyce's Ulysses). Wright hung out at Beach's original bookstore/lending library, Shakespeare & Co., quite a bit, which at that time was located at 12 Rue de l'Odeon. She once said "Of all the writers I have known, he is the most unselfish & thoughtful...Fellas like Hemingway appear uncouth besides Dick Wright". Also, he was close to Simone de Beauvoir & Sartre, so he may have hung out with them at Café de Flore, a huge tourist attraction now. Some of his haunts include:
1, bis rue de Vaugirard - Hôtel Trianon Palace (now the Hôtel Trianon Rive Gauche) - his 1st residence
38, boulevard St-Michel - just around the corner & his 2nd residence
14, rue Monsieur-le-Prince - 3rd-floor apt. - Martin Luther King, Jr. visited Richard Wright in this apt March 1959.
Père Lachaise - Columbarium southeast corner

Anyway, I do much research in this area from many different books & things I've gleaned over the years. Please, if this sort of thing interests you, too, feel free to e-mail me & I'll be happy to scout out expat locations for you. Tromping around the 5th & the 6th arrondissements searching out homes of favorite expat & Beat artists, writers & poets from the '20s & '40s.

Photo: April 2003

1st timers in Paris!

by Richie78

My girlfriend and I are flying by Ryanair (Beauvais airport) to Paris from 29 April - 2 May 2005 to celebrate our 10 year anniversary. neither of us have ever been to Paris. I'm looking for suggestions of a well presented 2-3 Star Hotel with a friendly, relaxed atmosphere and convenient location to restaurants & bars and easy access to the tourist sites. I am also looking for suggestions of romantic things to do in terms of walks, restaurants (mid range prices) and tourist sites. Things that give you a real, authentic feel of the place.

Thanks in advance.

by daftpunk

I stayed at Les Trois Poussins - loads of reviews here... http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g187147-d228843-Reviews-Les_Trois_Poussins_Hotel-Paris_Ile_de_France.html

by meheu

Try the Hotel Saint Dominique, http://www.saintdominique.com/ a nice 2 stars hotel located near the Eiffel Tower, newly renovated. The hotel is clean and nice, it was newly renovated this year. It is located in a residential area, with the famous outdoor market of the rue Cler. There are lots of restaurants nearby the hotel. There is a metro station nearby the hotel.
The staff is really nice and helpfull

by raphaellecrevet

Romantic walk : along the quays (down the stairs along the river Seine between Notre Dame and the Louvre, and go to the very end of the Ile de la Cité (stairs down the middle of the Pont neuf) you have a romantic view to the Louvre and the Seine. The place des Vosges is also nice, a boat cruise along the river (bateaux mouches type), but everywhere you walk in the center, especially near the river Seine, it sould feel romantic.

by JanPeter74

For a first time visit I would suggest to pick a hotel in Quartier Latin. Here you are within walking distance of some of the major highlights such as the Louvre, Musée d'Orsay, Notre Dame, Jardins de Luxembourg and of course Quartier Latin (with at its centre Place St. Michel) itself, which is the tourist/student area. Advantage is that when you go out at night for dinner or a drink, you can go by foot.

We stayed at Hotel Trianon Rive Gauche, which was simply OK and lies at the border of Quartier Latin. Actually between QL and St. Germain des Prés.

by dizzy11

Hey there,

I would highly recommend you go to The Budda Bar for a fun atmosphere that will take you to the wee hours of the morning. Also, make sure and go to Ile St. Louis--the island in the middle where the two sides of the river split. I think you will find plenty of parks where you can just rest as well

Comments