Hotel Central Paris

More about Paris

Visiting The Eiffel Tower, ParisVisiting The Eiffel Tower, Paris

l'Arc de Triomphel'Arc de Triomphe

La Tour EiffelLa Tour Eiffel

A delicious chocoate concoctionA delicious chocoate concoction

Hotel cancelled my booking, looking for a new one

Hello, once again.

Well, since the hotel I've booked befored e-mailed me saying that there was a problem with the booking and it's cancelled, I need a new one!

My budget goes up to 400€ max, and I'm open to suggestions. We will be using the hotel mainly to sleep, but a room with bath and wc is a really preference.

I'm looking at the momento to:
- Hotel du Reims
- Résidence du Palais
- Hotel Coypel

Want to comment about those or can you advise me some other?

Thank you, you all are being of a great help in all my Paris Questions.

by Paisleypaul

I suggest you could do worse thant contact www.hotelsreviewed.com an English language hotel booking site which is ran from Paris

by Kakapo2

400 Euro max for how many nights?

The hotels you have listed all cost under 100 Euro per night.

I think the location of the Résidence du Palais is fabulous, right at the Jardin du Luxembourg. This is one of my favourite areas of Paris to stay at.

by Beausoleil

Also suggest you look for hotel reviews at http://www.tripadvisor.com as this site is affiliated with Virtual Tourist and has reviews of nearly any hotel you can find.

400 euros for how long? Makes a big difference.

by Karlithus

Sorry, forgot to say the nights.

5 nights stay.

Thanks.

by Pomerol

Try looking up Hotel des Mines near Jardins du Luxembourg. Location and quality are better than Résidence du Palais and you can basically get a similar rate if you book through Internet (around 70 euros for a double). It is on the RER B line so direct from CDG, offers free Wi-Fi, and is walking distance to many attractions. I have stayed there several times and really liked it.

Hi.

I've been looking on hotel sites for some time, and those ones we're the ones I liked more within our possibilities.

Anyway, It would be great if any of you got any personal comment about them.

Hotem Des Mines looks great, unfortunatly for the date we go the prices are up to 110€/night.

Thank you, I'm open to other hotels you know!

by Chris_66

Hotel l'Annexe, place de la republique, so next to the Marais, one of the cheapest hotel I know of; rooms are really small but renovated lately and so comfortable with nice equipment and clean bathroom: http://www.hotels-paris-hotel.com/
Another hotel I loved: Hotel de la Porte Doree, one of the most charming 2 star hotel in Paris I know of; bad point: its location way out of the center, closed to Bois de Vincennes, good points: metro station next to the hotel that gets you staight to almost everywhere in Paris; a beautiful decoration, a very friendly staff and particularly the managing woman: http://www.paris-hotels-paris.com/
And last but not least, but more expensive, Hotel Home Latin, next to Sorbonne and Cluny; unbeatable location; a 2 star hotel, very basic, much less charm than Porte Doree but here you pay the location that is just awesome: http://www.hotelhomelatinparis.com/

by Karlithus

I'm now checking some appartments.

I found this one: http://www.bedandbreakfastparis.biz/global-home_new.php?codice=203753520&lingua=2&daform=1

It's 400€ for the 5 nights and the location seems great.

What can you tell me about the location?

I never stayed in an appartment before, but I think it's better than an Hotel room.

Thanks,
José

Travel Tips for Paris

Visit all the museums, get...

by BooBooBear

Visit all the museums, get lost somewhere, go shopping and enjoy all the great cuisines. Wake up early in the morning and explore the city ( streets are still wet from the cleaning) and watch the city come to life.

Passion and feeling for the streets of Paris

by davequ

I love this picture, the moment and feeling that was captured.

(click below) for the real thing.

Anthonys Home Page

Anthony Atkielski told me that she is a singer and is actually accompanying the cellist. Copyright 2004 by Anthony G. Atkielski So many fond memories...
Street music;
grand food;
carafes of vin de le maison;
striking workers on the boulevards pushing flyers into your hand;
stylish parisian men and women in high fashion as they walk by cafes on rue Rivoli and Boulevard FDR;

the french sense of politeness that masks a true warmth of character few people possess...

I'm only scratching the surface here.

Hotel Breakfasts

by CALSF

Be sure you know what you will be charged for breakfast. If you do not want breakfast clear that up with the hotel before making a commitment. If you get a specail offer inclusive of breakfast be sure to bring your email or faxed rate confirmation that shows this fact. What some hotels do is add the daily cost of your breakfasts onto your final bill. If you do not dispute it then and there you will have to dispute it with your credit card company if you charge your payment. Also be sure to ask the cost of any breakfast item you desire before ordering. An acquaintance of mine took coffee only but was charged for a full breakfast!

Musee de Cluny: or to give it...

by londonbabe

Musee de Cluny: or to give it its full (translated title) National Museum of the Middle Ages and Cluny Thermal Baths.
No you can't bathe there because round about 300 and something the unwashed Barbarians stormed the city and destroyed the baths in a fit of smelly pique (ok I'm making up the bit about pique).
The reason to go? The Tapestries .. The Lady and The Unicorn series is one of the most truly moving pieces of art anywhere anytime. A picture just can't do justice to its impact.
Nearest metro: Cluny-La Sorbonne

Visit Stade de France

by Dee22

The huge home of the French national soccer team, and the home of many different sport events and concerts - Stade de France is located in Saint Denis just outside of Paris, and can be reached with the RER-trains, the subway or the bus.

Even when there are no events going on, it's possible to visit the 80.000 seat stadium and get a guided tour in French or English.
You'll get to see the inside of the impressive 'arena', the locker rooms, the presidents VIP-seats, the player-entrance and stuff like that.
Worth a visit even though you're not a soccer fan!

There is also a small museum where you can see how the stadium was buildt, and a souvenier-shop.

The guided tours in English is only in the peak season, taking place at 10:30 AM and 2:30 PM. You don't have to order ahead.
Adult prices are 10 Euros, and children under 12 is 7 Euros. Children over 12 and students are 8.5 Euros. You don't need any equipmet, but a camera is always good to have.

Comments