21 boulevard Saint-Michel, 05 Arr., Paris, Ile-de-France, 75005, France

Booking.com Expedia.com Hotels.com

Costs 51% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• Andraf's Profile Photo

Location, location, location

Hotel Cluny Square is 3 star hotel located smack in the heart of the Latin Quarter, right across from a subway station and at the intersection between two major boulevards, Boulevard St Michel and Boulevard St Germain. We had a room on the last floor, a tiny tiny room which was probably the smallest hotel room I stayed in. We had to open the luggage on the bed because there wasn't enough space around the bed to do it and if both of us wanted to move around the room it required some coordination. The windows opened on a side street and we had a side view of Musee de Cluny. The bathroom was actually quite big, considering the size of the room. Everybody at the reception was nice and helpful. We didn't try the breakfast so I can't advise on that. My only complaint with the hotel (except for the size of the room) was that we were there in December and the cleaning lady insisted in leaving the window open after making the beds. Which meant that we had to spend the first half hour waiting for the room to get to a normal temperature so we can take off our coats. But to be honest, the location and the price made up for this shortcoming. There are plenty of restaurants and cafes around and a lot of tourist attractions are within walking distance.

Directions: Metro : Saint-Michel, Odéon RER B and C : Stations Saint-Michel, Cluny Sorbonne

• Nice location in Paris

We stayed here for 5 nights in May of 2005. Hotel is in a very good location - close to many activities. This was our third trip to Paris but the first time at this hotel. The rooms werent spectacular, but they were clean and of average (small) size. We were with another couple whose room was in the front of the hotel - above the name. Their room was much larger and had a good view of the street area.
    If you are going to Paris to see the sights and enjoy the city, I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel. It certainly isn't the fanciest hotel in Paris, but it was clean and as I said, in a great location. Be aware that the hotel is on the 1st floor and you must cart your bags up a fairly narrow circular staircase to get to the reception desk. From the reception desk they have an elevator that goes up to the rooms. The elevator did quit while we were there, but it was fixed the next day. We found the staff to be friendly and helpful.
    This was the cheapest hotel we have stayed at in Paris, but it is the one I would most likely try to stay at again.

Unique Quality: Great location.

Directions: Saint Michel

• Callavetta's Profile Photo

Overlooking the Paris Rooftops

I was lucky enough to be introduced to this hotel when I arrived late one afternoon in Paris to find that my reservation at another Latin Quarter hotel had gotten confused (probably my mistake) and the hotel was full. The helpful man at the desk (and people say Parisians are rude), called around, and found me this alternative hotel at a discounted rate, and walked me to Hotel Cluny, Square so I would not get lost!

What a lovely surprise my room was. I had a double room, although I was a single, and therefore got a rare double bed. The room had french doors opening on to a balcony that overlooked Cluny Square, and the wonderful characteristic rooftops of the area.

I was even more amazed when I found more french doors and another balcony access in the very modern, well appointed bathroom!

There are scores of restaurants, cafes, shops, etc. in the neighborhood.

Unique Quality: This is one of the rare places that I bought the hotel breakfast (I think it was 10 euro). It was wonderful to sit in the breakfast lounge, and indulge in the French coffee, the hot croissants and rolls and the fresh squeezed orange juice.

Directions: Metro : Saint-Michel, Odéon
    RER B and C : Stations Saint-Michel, Cluny Sorbonne

Parking in the neighbourhood.

• Bjorgvin's Profile Photo

Hotel Cluny Square

The rooms are rather small but mine was adequate. Friendly and helpful staff. The hotel is located where two major boulevards, Saint Michel and Saint Germain, meet and the streets are a bit noisy in the night.

Unique Quality: Very well located *** hotel in the heart of the Latin Quarter. Near the Luxembourg Garden and Sorbonne. It is only a short walk to Notre Dame and two Metro stations. The drawback is the small rooms and the narrow spiral staircase you have to climb to the lobby. But the location is excellent.

More about Hotel Cluny Square

Look Beyond the Commercialism

by CoAir13

We stayed in this area so, it became very familiar to us! We discovered this area on foot by day AND night! The fast food places and clothing chains along Blvd. St.- Michel can be distracting. Look beyond and you will find the Pantheon, Sorbonne, Musee de Cluny, Square Viviani, Arenes de Lutece, and the Mosquee de Paris all lie in this historic area. The open -air market on rue Mouffetard was a lot of fun for the both of us as was the cafe lined Place de la Contrescarpe. By night , the area around St. Severin becomes loud and obnoxious with restauranteurs trying to lure patrons in with their antics (ie. plate smashing on the street outside Greek restaurants)and music from the many clubs. We both enjoyed ALL of the activities around the Latin Quarter!

Writing From Paris

by RheaKing

Hi

I reach safe and been in Paris past 3 days..love the city and the people..
I travel via train with weekly carte orange subway ticket around city..very good deal!

I'm now staying in Cluny Square Hotel in Blvd St.Michel...
Metro:St.Michel/Notre Dame

Anyone plan to meet for chat or sightseeing city daytime ..
send me direct email at rheaking@hotmail.com or leave message at my hotel for Rhea Pillai King
at
as I don't check my email everyday

I just want to know nice nightlife area for young and on budget girl..not too tourist or sleazy clubs..dance club or bar

I have not been anywhere out yet at night...cold and scared to go out on my own....chicken..hehe

Take Care