Hotel Costes

239 Rue St. Honore, 01 Arr., Paris, Ile-de-France, 75001, France

Satisfaction Average

• DEBBBEDB's Profile Photo

Dark and Gloomy

This is where we stayed in 1976. My grandmother hated the hotel and I did not like Paris at all. My grandmother wrote:

As I came up to the room, I was reminded of the time we went to Uncle Earle's & there were no lights! I tho't I had gotten into a warehouse last night, but I pushed a lighted switch & voila! The halls lighted up & I was no longer in a dungeon. We picked up our own key from the concierge - the porter disappeared so I came up by myself - left what I was carrying & went down for BB & we brought our own bags up!

I'm not at all pleased with the room. Tiny, little bar (10"long), florescent lamps behind a wooden immovable shade - about pillow height & impossible to read by. The chandelier is bright enough, but who wants to face a glare of bare bulbs? I usually plan the next day after BB is asleep

Unique Quality: Yes - the furniture is dark brown & dark rugs - no TV or radio without request (probably charge) bathroom OK (no washcloths, which gives them a minus) - no pictures, -refrig. seems to be locked. Up to now we c'd squeeze something in them - they are all packed c mini-bar equipment, so not much use to us

More about Hotel Costes

Pre dinner drinks at Hotel Costes

by Gypsystravels about Hotel Costes

Located in Philippe Starck's Hotel Costes here along the ritzy Rue St. Honroe is their cafe of the same name. A great place to start your evening, meet some of your friends and enjoy some cocktails before dinner. Their Caiparinha's are to die for. The people are pretty and stylish and the music as fantastic as their CD's.

If you're like me and enjoy their music mixes, stop at their shop and browse the CD's for sale.

Ambiance!

by mesoblonda about Hotel Costes

Owning several Hotel Costes CD's and loving each one, I HAD to come here for a drink.

A mojito it was (with Grey Goose, not rum!)

A very chic place to start the evening. The people are pretty and stylish, the music was well, as expected...it was a great atmosphere to get together with friends (Geisha_Girl, Kristara and Christian LaFonte) before dinner began elsewhere.

If you like the music mixes you hear, don't forget you can buy them at Hotel Costes. Dresses or nice slacks for the girls. Guys, I wouldn't recommend wearing jeans to this place.

Lounge and chill

by dreamdoll about Hotel Costes

Ever since I got hooked on the entire range of Hotel Costes albums, I've wanted to go visit the bar. I've read about how some felt that it was a let down, I suppose if you go without too much expectation, you'd love each and every bit of it as much as I did! The decor was luxe, and the music - divine...Their daiquiri wasn't fantastic but martinis were good...Drinks were a tad pricey but all in all, well worth the experience! Smart casual, and it wouldn't hurt to dress chic either!

Chic, C'est Chic

by ExGuyParis about Hotel Costes

Hotel Costes-- a night spot or day spot. The hotel is very trendy; it's where 'the beautiful people' go. If you can get into the bar for a drink, you will enjoy fine music and the chic atmosphere, and see plenty of strikingly orgeous people. The cost for this: two drinks, 35 euros. Just imagine that the drinks are cheaper and you are paying a fee to see how the beautiful people live!

The hotel is on rue Saint-Honoré, an up-up-upscale shopping street.

Hotel Costes has become famous for its music as well-- 10 excellent CD's of 'chill' music mixed by Stéphane Pompougnac capture the ambiance of this hotel's mellow musical milieu.

The Costes brothers are quite successful in the Paris club and restaurant scene. Another big success of theirs is Café Marly, at the Louvre. There you can have a drink and enjoy a view of the courtyard with its pyramid. In the warm weather you can drink and eat on the terrace outside. Dress like a top model of famous actor. Exude cool.

Hotel CostesHotel Costes

Just enjoying myself at Hotel CostesJust enjoying myself at Hotel Costes

May 12, VT Meet. Hotel Costes Bar 7 p.m.

by vtnyc

Hey VTers, thought I'd take the liberty to post a Spring VT meet for Paris! Lets meet up at the bar at the Hotel Costes and take things from there! You can sign up to attend this meet in the meetings and events thread I started. See you there! :)

Time: 7:00 pm
Date: May 12, 2006
Place: Hotel Costes Bar

Address:
Hotel Costes Bar
239 rue St-Honore
Paris, 75001
Phone: 01-42-44-50-50

Arrondissement: 1 (Musée Du Louvre/Les Halles)

Métro: Line 1 Tuileries or Line 8, 12 Concorde

www.hotelcostes.com

Hope to meet some VTers here!

by adelaidean

hi It would be better to post this under meetings and Events....then if people are looking for a meet, they will see it.

by vtnyc

Actually, I posted this info in the meetings and events thread first. I put the post in the forum for people that don't read the meetings and events thread (that was me for a few months). :)

by Kiera06

Hi,
I did not understand very well: what is this meeting for?
Kiera06

by raphaellecrevet

You may not get as many positive answers as expected, because Hotel Costes is very chic, trendy and expensive. Many people may not afford to have a drink there

by vtnyc

He, he, shows just how much someone who lives in new york city knows!

VT Meets are for socializing with other VT members from around the world.

by vtnyc

This meeting is officially CANCELLED.

I don't feel like networking the vt site and changing the venue right now to make this happen.

Sorry folks (if there was anyone that was going to come).

Comments