Hotel De Champagne

Satisfaction Terrible

More about Paris

taking pictures at Galleries Lafayettetaking pictures at Galleries Lafayette

l'Arc de Triomphe  Sept 18, 2010l'Arc de Triomphe Sept 18, 2010

picture my grandmother took of me sleeping inpicture my grandmother took of me sleeping in

An after though pic of the pastaAn after though pic of the pasta

CraigHen

by CraigHen

Taking Thalys train Monday evening from Gent Belgium arriving @7:35pm to Paris Nord; then I must go to Paris Bercy station to catch Artesia Night to Milan Italy at 8:33pm. I will have reservation in hand with Eurail Pass-- will I be able to make this connection easily and how is quickest way (taxi? & cost?)to get between these two stations (about 15 minutes apart I think). Merci!!

Re: CraigHen

by christine.j

This looks very tight to me. I just checked, 55 minutes are estimated for the transfer by metro. A taxi may be faster, but if I were you I'd come to Paris by an earlier train.
Consider the time you need to get to the taxi rank, you may have to wait there, there will be much traffic, plus your first train may be just a few minutes late and you'll miss the night train.

Travel Tips for Paris

Big city

by Gili_S

I’ve been here few times, the first time I did went to see all the must see touristy places, but afterwards I found out that I prefer I to walk around the different quarters, to step in to local cafés & restaurants.

You can check the official web site, it is also in English:
www.paris.fr The 22nd. floor.

Another view fron Eiffel Tower.

by tucha

Photo taken from the second plataform. Here you can see Champs de Mars Park, behind the Tower, the green part. And at the bottom the building of Ècole Militaire, and the hight tower is Montparnasse Tower (Tour Montparnasse), the second highest tower in all Europe!

One of the big elevators that...

by codrutz

One of the big elevators that climb the Eiffel Towers...the elevators in Eiffel Towers were among the first ever elevators built in the world..the technology was at it's beginnings then, but they are made perfect and functioning great to date

Baguettes

by Dabs

Almost as prevalent of a fashion accessory as a scarve, it seemed that nearly everyone was carrying a baguette with them, especially in the dinner time hours :-)

There was an interesting exhibit in one of the metro stations about why large grocery stores were bad and how they were destroying neighborhoods, somehow I think the daily need for a fresh baguette will keep the evil supermarkets away!

BTW, there is no bread that I like as well as a fresh French baguette

The Paris angler

by aemilys

This fascinates me. I have seen people actually catch fish and one time I saw a guy packing up to go home and he took the fish with him. I still regret not asking him if he was going to eat it (when you see how icky the canal is you will understand my bewilderment).

Also, since you can now rent boats on the weekend to go rowing there are some tense moments when novice rowers get too close to the fishing lines! Bring your fishing equipment!

Comments