1 rue Casimir-Delavigne, 06 Arr., Paris, Ile-de-France, 75006, France
Booking.com Travelocity Priceline.com

More about Hotel Delavigne

by gespaper

Although I'm traveling on business, I'm trying to find a nice hotel (clean, good location but extra ammenities aren't critcial) that is not too expensive as I have extended my trip a bit to see some of Paris. Hôtel Delavigne on rue Casimir-Delavigne seems relatively reasonable and in a great location. Does anyone have any experince on this. The Hôtel Britannique is my other option but this one is aboout 50% less. Last time I has a day in Paris I loved sitting at the cafe at the end of Rue St. Andre-des-arts and this seems pretty close to there....

Thanks

RE: Hotel Delavigne

by CALSF

If you want reassurances check for comments on Tripadvisor.com:

I read other positive comments on another site as well. Seems like a very nice, well-located hotel that's really inexpensive. The Britannique, on the other hand, has overpriced rooms in my opinion.

RE: RE: Hotel Delavigne

by Sofia0412

In my opinion, Hotel Britannique is a very very nice hotel in an exceptional location and their prices are OK for what they offered...I stayed there and really not regret it...I can highly advice it!
The decoration in this hotel is very special and I loved it! the staff was very friendly and helpful!
http://www.hotel-britannique.com, you can see some pictures..that's what make me booked my room in this hotel with also the great location near Chatelet et Sorbonne...
Have a nice trip!

RE: Hotel Delavigne

by meheu

Don't hesitate, the Hotel Britannique is a really nice and confortable hotel. We went in this hotel twice and we will go ti this hotel next time. It is from steps to Notre Dame de Paris and the River Seine, in a nice and calm street.It is nicely decorated and peolple there are really nice.
have a nice trip in Paris

Which taxi to pick?

by RebeccaChristensen

We are arriving at the CDG airport on the 31st and we will be going to the Latin Quarter at Hotel Delavigne on 1 Rue Casimir. We are wondering which Taxi has the best reputation for what they charge? We were also wondering what the approximate price would be. I don't know if it makes any difference but we will be getting the taxi around 10ish in the morning.
Rebecca

Re: Which taxi to pick?

by nygaston

TAXI
At the CDG Airport, you will not have the choice
you have to take the first taxi in the line
the cost may be around 50 Euros (cash)

SHUTTLE BUS
Another option is to book a shuttle bus
around 30 euros for 2 persons
very good if you have big luggage

RER TRAIN
The RER Train is fast and direct from CDG airport to Saint Michel (avoid the local trains)
Good if you do not have many bags and luggage

hotels

by Tiffany808

Hey guys!
I could stay up for days looking at all these places, and still can't decide. So I am looking for some up to date recommendations.
Which is the best from what I have chosen so far?
Hotel Delavigne
Grand Hotel des Balcons (is it really that good?)
Hotel des Ecoles
Hotel le Clement

Sorry this is so repetitive, this wonderful forum just makes it so much easier.... :)

happytravels,
tiffany

by RovingWyvern

Je sais pas, mais j'aime Paris ☺

by jacsilversurfer

Hi Tiffany...Hotels in Paris are hard work. What area do you fancy? It really depends on the cost.Hotel des Balcons is really good if you dont mind Art Deco.Good luck.

by Beausoleil

Hi, Tiffany. I haven't stayed in all the hotels, but we've stayed in le Clement twice and it was just fine. The location is excellent . . . across from the St. Germaine Market and a half block from the Mabillon Metro station. You can easily walk to a couple other Metro stations and the Cluny-la Sorbonne RER station. Rue de Buci is a short walk to a Paris street market and Paul's for the best hot chocolate in the world. (open for debate, of course)

We ceased staying at the Clement because their prices went up. We've switched to the Hotel de la Sorbonne in the Latin Quarter and love it. You can read about it on my Paris page under Hotel Hints.

Hopefully, others will weigh in on the several other hotels you mentioned above.

Good luck.

by rexvaughan

Yes, Tiffany we found the Hotel des Balcons really that good. Nice, clean rooms, lovely foyer, accommodating staff and a wonderful breakfast in a fantastic location.

RE: RE: hotels

by CALSF

I would choose Le Clement personally. I have not stayed in any of the hotels that you named, but I liked Le Clement's location best and I like the way their rooms look based on their site info.. It's nearby the Marche St. Germain, Gerard Mulot's patisserie, and a great Canadian pub/resto. The Moosehead. Blvd. St. Germain is about a block away.

by Tiffany808

Thanks for the responses, i have booked the Hotel des Balcons, but will be checking out the others for my next visit.

j'aime Paris aussi!