Hotel Des Academies

Hotel des Academies et des Arts
Booking.com Hotels.com Travelocity

• Cohibaba's Profile Photo

Going to heaven

I really really like this hotel for various reasons.
    The staff would never let you go without being 100% happy about your stay.
    The location is very convenient because my Parisian office is at Montparnasse.
    The rooms are not very big but they are big enough for me and the view is absolutely amazing! Make sure to ask for one on the top floor, the view on the roofs of Paris is breathtaking!

Unique Quality: The view on the roofs.

Directions: Montparnasse

More about Hotel Des Academies

Fantastic hotel, great location!

by TripAdvisor Member fifi_shamrock

We stayed at Hotel des Academies et des Arts for six nights. We travelled over to Paris for the Rugby World Cup. It was a lovely hotel, small, but well laid out and comfortable. The room while maybe a little small had everything we needed, was extremely clean and comfortable. I really liked the art work, both on the walls and the sculpture located around the hotel, particularly on the staircase.

The hotel is located in/near Montparnasse and so is ideally located for access to several Metro stations, great restaurants, cafes and also the main sights of Paris. We ate breakfast at the hotel some of the mornings and enjoyed it.

The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful and we thoroughly enjoyed our little rugby chats with them.

We would definitely stay here again!

Class, Culture, and Convenience

by TripAdvisor Member pariszmyspot

I felt welcome here the moment I walked into the lobby. Patricia and the rest of the staff were wonderful, providing useful information and suggestions without being intrusive. The hotel is within a block of 2 metro lines making it easy to move around the city. The neighborhood offers a variety of dining and shopping options and the Luxembourg Gardens are a short walk away. The hotel itself is lovely and features sculptures and drawings throughout the property including original artwork in each room. The rain shower with jets was magificent!

Awesome!

by TripAdvisor Member capt-krk

My son and I stayed here on his first trip to Europe. We loved it! It had a very European feel, but the staff spoke great English and were VERY helpful, especially Patricia! The rooms are meticulously maintained and everything is stylishly done.

Our room was quite small...I asked for a bigger one but I'm not sure if I got it. Anyway, we gladly put up with it because everything else was PERFECT and the location was ideal.

The artwork in the hotel is really cool and the lounge area very relaxing...with great music.

All-in-all, its GREAT!

I would definetely come back!

Great Value for Money!

by TripAdvisor Member IcebearHK

Choosed the hotel because of the good rating on tripadvisor.com and it was absolutely worth it! The rooms are not only recently renovated and clean but very stylish as well. I stayed in many hotels in Paris but never seen such helpfull employees. I certainly come back there again, great value for money!

Highly recommend!!

by TripAdvisor Member chcl

My husband and I absolutely enjoyed our stay at this hotel. You really do get great value for your money. Our room was very clean and I liked the modern flair of the interior decorations. The location in the Montparnasse area was excellent--1) right off a street busy enough that it felt safe to walk to at night, 2) a metro stop on the next block, 3) easily walkable distance to St-Germain des Pres and Quartier Latin. There are also many dining options and cafes in the neighborhood in case you're tired at night and don't want to venture too far. The staff was very helpful--Air France had lost our suitcase and they called them several times on our behalf. All in all, we would definitely return to this hotel on our next trip to Paris. We just hope the hotel continues to be maintained in the current condition!

Great boutique hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Boutiquehotelsfan

We have just returned from 2 nights in Paris at this hotel. Though the rooms are small, this is somewhat expected for Paris. The great location, charming decor and friendly staff more than makes up for it.

I would definitely stay at this hotel again and would recommend others (esp. those who love a bit of personality in their hotels) to stay here.

Stylish and well-located with tiny rooms

by TripAdvisor Member Reviewer13

I'm not normally fussy about room size as we travel with very little luggage and don't spend much time in the room. However, this hotel redefines the word 'small' - and it was a 'Club Double' (the middle category, room 44, 245 euros in period of high demand due to rugby world cup). To walk around the bed, the other person had to be actually on the bed as there was no space to pass! Our friends had same category room, different layout, but still very very small.

Now to the positives. They could have put in a smaller bed, but thankfully the bed was decent size, super comfortable with a lovely white duvet (very rare in France, land of bobbly brown blankets and mean-sized top sheets) and great pillows. We had the best sleep - it was really quiet, no noise from neighbours, no morning cleaners banging around in the corridor and we even left the window open onto an inner courtyard which was silent. The room, bathroom and separate toilet had 4 windows, so was bright and sunny, but black curtains to ensure darkness when asleep. The decor was stylish and everything was new, clean and in good order. The shower was powerful (we didn't have the 'jets' mentioned elsewhere), with a slightly annoying joystick type control which was tricky to regulate (the manager is trying to improve this).

Didn't have breakfast, just a pot of coffee (4euros) which we were happy with. Staff and manager were very pleasant & welcoming. They were very confused that we had been debited payment for 1st night (even thought we booked direct with hotel), but resolved when we showed the paper print out. The TV internet was useful feature & worked well.

We found the location to be really super-convenient for everything we did. Easy to get to and from Gare du Nord Eurostar (direct RER to Port Royal or direct metro to Vavin) and easy to walk or travel anywhere. The circular night bus stops very close - useful if too late for metro and lack of taxis.

We had already booked again for next week and we are happy to return. For future trips, it would be interesting to see the larger rooms.

Fantastic Boutique Hotel Near Montparnasse

by TripAdvisor Member weluvparis

Wow, what a find! My husband and I, as well as another couple we traveled with, stayed 4 nights at this fantastic boutique hotel open only 5 months (smoke free). The overall decor was artistically beautiful in every way with special touches everywhere. The staff, Patricia and Henry, speak English and went out of their way to be helpful. Service was 5 star! Beds were comfortable, and the room spotless. Room size was average for European accomodations, but every inch is used wisely. We stayed in room 33 which had a Queen bed and great Vichy shower. Loved our 3rd floor view from the 2 windows opening onto the quaint street, and looking left toward a major intersection - great people watching. Fantastic restaurants steps away as well as the Vavin metro station and bus stop, so convenient and we always felt safe. We will certainly be back, and highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Paris.

Brilliant Staff

by TripAdvisor Member mob_7

Spent 4 nights here during the semi finals of the World Cup. Unfortunately, France lost.

A wonderfully relaxed place to stay. Great location. Interesting art work. Refreshing breakfasts. Would probably opt for a "superior" as opposed to "club" room next time, purely on the grounds of size!

The young, confident, and charming staff really make it a pleasure to stay in Hôtel des Academies et des Arts. They clearly enjoy working there and their enthusiasm is infectious.

Keep up the good work