Hotel Des Arts

Hotel des Arts - Montmartre
Booking.com Expedia.com Orbitz.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

• Very nice hotel!

We stayed in this hotel for three nights in the summer of 2005. The hotel is located in a very nice environment. Very close to Montmartre but still in a rather quiet street. The subway in only 5 minutes by foot.
    The breakfast is served buffet-style: bread, marmalade, honey, eggs (boiled not scrambled), cereal,.....as much as you like.
    The staff is very friendly.
    The rooms are very clean but the bathroom is rather small (when my boyfriend went to the toilet his knees touched the bathtub).
    We loved staying here!

Unique Quality: A quiet hotel just a step away from Sacre coeur. Ideally located in the very center of Montmartre, between the Moulin Rouge and Place du Tertre. You will find the delightfull Parisian quarter which poets and painters have made so famous.
    You get a discount when you book online!

Directions: Montmartre

Le poulbot, restaurant ++
Chez ma cousine, restaurant
Hotel des arts
Coquelicot, bakery ++
Le cepage, bar and jazz ++
Dali Museum, 11 rue poulbot ++
Le Trianpon, show and theatre

Arts Museum

by solopes

In my first visit to Paris, in 1971, I stayed in "Hotel des Arts et Métiers", near "Place d'Italie". It was with surprise that I found the museum "des Arts et Métiers" in the opposite side of the river, in Marais.

Recent moving? No way. I read that:

"In 1794, the Abbot Grégoire founded the Conservatoire des arts et métiers. Installed between the walls of the old priory of Saint-Martin-des-Champs in Paris, this "depot of new and useful inventions" became a museum for all types of trades and crafts. The collection is unique in the world: 80,000 objects, 15,000 drawings testify to the ingenuity of humankind and the spirit of adventure of the pioneers of the industrial revolution. The museum is part of the Musée de l'Education Nationale system, for education, but it is also a place of marvels for all."

This means that the museum is there for a long time.

It was easy to verify that the hotel's name was given by the school of arts and crafts that is also located near Place d'Italie.

My surprise was ignorance, and the research that I made served also to verify that "my" old hotel (the cheapest that my Parisian friend could find to a Portuguese student) was gone.

By the way... I didn't had time to visit the museum, but it is in my list for the next time in Paris.

Cool Hotel - Very Nice

We just returned from France, where, the temperatures have soared! We stayed only 2 days in Paris on our way back home and were grateful to be in the Hotel des arts. The staff is friendly, helpful, and gracious and the hotel is adorable.

Very good Value, I will be back in your Hotel

For my first time in Paris, i was very suprise by the quality of the hotel des arts. The staff was very nice with us. The room 42 we had is very nice. the room has balcony looking over the street. The breakfast room is very nice.
But the nicest is the rate we had a double room for only 75 € a night.
Thank You to the staff of the hotel.

Very impress by the quality of this hotel - GREAT DEAL !!!

For my first time in Paris, I was very surprised by the quality of the hotel des arts located in Montmartre. I just finish to read all the reviews coming for the others guests, and if i can an advice to the peolple looking for a hotel in Paris, make the decision to stay at the hotel des arts.All the staff take care of us, the breakfast room is very nice. We had the room 56 on the last floor with a view all over Paris. The area is very lively with some restaurants (very good, la mascotte is one of my favorite).Only one thing to say for 70 € a night it's a GREAT DEAL!!!I will be back in your hotel.

Very Good Choice - Not Expensive

It's my first time in Paris and we decided to be located in Montmartre. It's a very nice Paris Side. All the restaurants and shops are very interesting. For the hotel it's a very good choice and we had the chance to be on the last floor of the building. Ask the room 63 you can get a view all over Paris (eiffel tower at nigh very nice) for only 80 € a night.
I will come back. Thanks to the staff

An On-Line Gamble

I would strongly caution people from booking this hotel on-line. After a long flight and the hassle of making our way into Paris from the airport we were informed that the Hotel had made an error in our booking and we were being moved to a hotel outside of Montmartre. The alternate hotel (The Excelsior) turned out to be fine and to give them their due, they provided us with a driver and got us settled in quickly. In reading other reviews, we've discovered we were not the first to have our plans altered and we suspect that they often bump on-line reservations for which they are paid less, in favour of walk-in or phone-in guests for whom they get the full rate with no middle-men. Having travelled a great deal, my wife and I rolled with the punch and had a marvellous time in Paris, but this could be a real holiday killer to someone less experienced.

Do not book this hotel

...as they will bump you!Clearly from other posts and my own experience they will quite happily take bookings and money up front and then bump you in favour of tour groups who will pay a higher rate.We arrived just after 1pm to hear that there was a "petite problem"! An "inexperienced receptionist" had mistakenly double booked our room and many other rooms. Yes, part of your consolation is that you are not the only one!! You can argue all you like but they will not budge, we had the kind offer of a refund and the option of trying to find our own hotel on a friday afternoon in Paris rather than take their option at their "sister hotel"!!My advice...just don't book in the first place!

travel tips on France

by call_me_rhia

ACCOMMODATION: Strasbourg
Recommended by the Tourist Information at the station, although they generally are now allowed to recommend any place. Did I look tired or desperate? I'll never know. Anyway they found me this little hotel, very nice, a stone-throw from the Cathedral and the canals - and only across the road from a bus stop. It's a non-smoking hotel, officially... but when I asked, it took the receptionist 2 minutes to find me an ashtray and give me permission to smoke in the room.

More details: - Hotel des Arts, 10 Place du Marché auc Cochons de Lait, 67060 Strasboug. Tel: 03 88379837, Fax: 03 88379897; Email: info@hotel-arts.fr

ACCOMMODATION: Chamonix
Sometimes it's a bit hard to find accommodation in Chamonix, especially during the high-season - which is most of the year anyway. When it's not high season it's still somehow hard to find hotels, because they are closed. I had some luck with the Hotel Vallée Blanche... It's right in the main square of Chamonix, but in the quietest corner of it. it also has an Irish Pub on the premises, a detail which never really hurts.

More details: - Hotel Vallée Blanche, 36 Rue du Lyret, 74400 Chamonix. Tel: 04 50530450, Fax: 04 50559785; Email: info@vallee-blanche.com

RESTAURANT: Paris
Yummy Indian food like i've never tasted it before... and the restaurant is nice too, and located in the lively Bastille area.... on the lower floor you can eat sitting on low sofas and chairs... with a low table, dim candlelight... the food is served on a banana leaf. Their tandoori dish is really to die for

More details: - Coffee India, 33-35 Rue de Lappe, 75011 Paris. Tel: 01 48061857.

RESTAURANT: Paris
This one is in the Saint-Germain-des-Prés area - and it's a kashmiri restaurant. It's lovely, incredibly cheap.... and tiny too, so maybe you'd like to make reservations. The vegetarian dish, as well as another one cooked in yoghurt sauce, were simply delicious

More details: - Restaurant Kashmir, 13 Rue Grégoire de Tours, 750006 Paris (M: Odeon). Tel: 01 43290100.

Transport to Stade De France

by bekahl

Hi does anyone know if it is easy to get to the Stade De France from centre of Paris. Booking somewhere to stay in the next few days as we are going to the six nations match at the end of Feb. But we would like to be near the main attractions in Paris for our few days stay aswell as be able to get to the match easily. Has anyone got any ideas?? Thanks, Bekah

by Pomerol

Very easy.

Find your options here:

www.ratp.fr

by iaint

Easy so long as trains not on strike (happens from time to time)

Stade de France has its own station on the RER line which goes to/from airport (CDG) and city centre. Many stops in city, but Chatelet les Halles is biggest.

Chatelet is great because its central, and has interchanges with other RER lines and the Metro.

There used to be a Novotel at Chatelet.

by nygaston

My best options:
I will recommand you to stay at Jardin du Luxembourg (Luxembourg Gardens) or Saint Michel
(better and much safer than Chatelet) : it is a student area , so you can find a wide range of hotel and restaurants there.

JARDIN DU LUXEMBOURG
Nice park close to historical area, museums and French senate
Some Suggestions: HOTEL DE SUEZ, LE PROCOPE, LE BOUILLON RACINE, LA FERME ST GERMAIN, LADUREE, DALOYAU

SAINT MICHEL
Student area
Some suggestion: L'ECLUSE, THAN BINH, MAMBO CLUB, HOTEL DES ARTS, CAVEAU DE LA HUCHETTE

Comments