Hotel Diana

Tags

Budget Travel
See Amenities
GentleSpirit's Profile Photo

Another good budget option in Paris

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on September 29, 2013

The Hotel Diana is a two star hotel located in the Sorbonne area of Paris.

The room (I got a double) is clean and comfortable. Not terribly large, but comfortable enough.
It is nothing fancy, but really I was more concerned with location, nearness to transport options and closeness to Paris' sights. The hotel more than meets all of those quite well.

I was a bit worried when I noted the amount of traffic on Rue St Jacques, though with the two sets of windows closed I had no trouble at all with noise. There are lots of bars and restaurants within walking distance at all price levels.

I didn't partake in the breakfast so I can't comment on that.

the bed was nice and clean and comfortable. Housekeeping was prompt and thorough. There is a small lift so thankfully you don't have to go up and down multiple sets of stairs.

Bathroom was clean and everything worked just fine.

Reception staff was very good. Email was answered promptly and thoroughly and there were no problems with reservations. Welcome was friendly and service was professional and pleasant at all times.

Would i stay here again, sure, I would.

please note- Rue St Jacques is quite busy, but closing both sets of windows is enough to keep the noise out.

Air conditioning cannot be turned on manually. I left the windows open in the afternoon and it was fine.

Unique Quality: One of the best things this hotel has going for it is location. You are basically down the street from Sorbonne, around the corner is Cluny. You are walking distance to Notre Dame, the Pantheon and the major sites. You are also in easy walking distance to a large number of restaurants and cafes on the main avenues and the side streets. There is a laverie two blocks away (across from the gym)

Metro is Cluny/Sorbonne, with metro and RER lines.

Service is very good, though I note that I saw different people most nights. Everyone was very nice

this hotel is not on any of the major booking engines for hotels. Rated well in Tripadvisor and I have seen nothing to dispute the good reviews it has gotten. For this time of year you will want to book well in advance though(Last week in September)

Dabs's Profile Photo

Great location in the 5th

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on June 11, 2013

Hotel Diana was 15€ more than the last hotel we stayed at in the 5th but I liked the location better, great access to the RER lines B and C which are handy for Gare du Nord, CDG and Versailles, 5 minute walk to Notre Dame, easy walking distance from several metro stations with access to line 4 at Saint-Michel and line 10 at Cluny Sorbonne. The twin room was 110€ for a in early June which is high season.

Our room was 15, there is a lift but we still had to walk up a small flight of stairs to our room. No view out our window but if you looked up you could at least see the sky.

Unique Quality: I tried to took a few months in advance and they emailed me back and said they weren't taking reservations yet so I tried again about 2 months out.

Bathroom was larger than most Parisian budget hotels, overhead or hand held shower which was the only problem I had with the Hotel de L'Esperance. Shampoo and bar soap. The room had air conditioning which they had just turned on for the year. Free wifi in room, small fridge, in room safe, nice staff.

Breakfast is extra, we didn't eat it. You have to let them know the night before if you are having breakfast.

I wish I had kept better notes on which exit to take when heading to the hotel from the RER but going back to Gare due Nord from the hotel we turned left onto Blvd. St. Germain without crossing it, the entrance was a little further down the street but it had less stairs than the Cluny Sorbonne metro entrance.

Nearby Hotel Diana

Hotel Diana

• Diana Hotel Paris

Address: 73 Rue Saint-Jacques, 5 Arr, Paris, 75005, France

2 Photos of Hotel Diana

Amenities at Hotel Diana

• Free High Speed Internet

Paris Travel Forum

Need advice about Paris, France? Visit the Travel Forum for Paris and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Paris hotel reviews