Hotel Duo Axial Beaubourg Paris

Booking.com Hotels.com Expedia.com

More about Hotel Duo Axial Beaubourg Paris

Wonderful !!

by TripAdvisor Member DavidAOD

We stayed at Hotel Axial Beaubourg in mid September 2005, and we would highly recommend this location.

If you're after a 'boutique' style hotel which has a real sence of style, then this is the place to stay whilst enjoying Paris. Elisabeth at reception is a real delight and is happy to assist with directions and information.

The hotel is set centrally within the Marais district, which is full of great places to eat and drink (avoid the cafes directly opposite the hotel however). The hotel is also very close to Notre Dame and the Louvre, and reasonably close to two of the main train station in Paris.

A few of the Tripadvisor reviews mentioned the street noise, however this was not our experience and our room was on the first floor. The windows are double glazed and we stayed here on a Thursday and Friday night, and was not troubled by the night life.

The room we stayed in was a good size without being overly big..... but the interior design/decorating is what makes this hotel memorable. The bathroom was small, but like the room was supper clean and comfortable

To be honest.... we wouldn't consider staying anywhere else when visiting Paris.

clean and well-located

As long as you know what to expect, the Axial Beaubourg is a wonderful hotel. The room is tiny, but very clean and nicely appointed. The bathtub is so small I felt like Houdini when I managed to get out.
The staff is nothing special.
But the hotel still feels very clean comfortable and even, considering the price, luxurious. Best of all is the location. You can't really beat it -- and who really comes to Paris to stay in your room?

A few blocks from the Seine, Les Halles on one side, Vieux Temple and Le Marais on the other... a neighborhood chock full of wonderful eateries, shopping and sight-seeing and people-watching... unbeatable location and price

Small rooms even by European Standards

by TripAdvisor Member Rezarta

If central location is what you are after, this place is it, especially if you are prepared to give up most things that I believe make a hotel stay pleasant. However, if you look for anything more than the above, seek elsewhere. If you are also keen on staying in a place which helps you start the day pleasantly, you may want to try another place, especially in light of the money you are paying -- even by European standards. I my numerous stays in hotels around Paris, I have found that there are many very comfortable and fairly reasonably priced hotels which have made my stay remarkable by all means. In Axial Beaubourg I felt I had to chose between sharing the lift with my husband or my luggage (the luggage won), only to find that I had to often walk askew to get the bathroom. The breakfast will not even be mentioned.

A great small Paris hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Travel147

For the last three years, I have stayed at Axial Beaubourg several times. I have always found the front desk to be helpful. They are always willing to give me detailed directions to any address I give them, and they somehow always find me a taxi even if it's raining during rush hour. They always try to give me my favorite room....a nice street view room. It's location is convenient without feeling touristy. It's close to a lot of different types of restaurants....Italian, Japanese, Thai, Middle Eastern, and of course French are all within a five minute walk. Lots of small shops are in the neighborhood and BHV for all of life's necessities is across the street. The Metro is also very close.
The rooms are small...but very stylish and very clean....and their is a pleasant lobby that's a nice place to read one of the many newspapers or magazines they set out. Breakfast costs extra here, but I usually just head out to Paul's a block away.
Though this hotel is not for those seeking a luxury Paris retreat, it is a fresh and stylish place to sleep in the heart of one of Paris's most interesting neighborhoods.

Not as nice as the web photos you can get better elsewhere!

by TripAdvisor Member SiobhanP

To be honest it was NOT worth the money. Lets start with the Good:

1. It is VERY central behind BHV and shops and to walk across the river etc.

2. The Lobby is nice and quite open with auromatic doors so there is always someone at reception and you can get in without ringing a bell or banging down a door. Its small though so you would not hang out here at all unless waiting for a taxi to leave.

3. Staff absolutely lovely and nice. The lady in the breakfast room was a sweetheart and was so welcoming for breakfast (We got this thrown in with the room rate thanks to a French friends haggling).

4. Bed are so comfortable and slept very well and nice modern decoration. Not horrible cheap flowery bedspreads.

The Bad:
1. The bloody lift was broken! Sign said out of order from 1-10th August. This was never mentioned when we booked or when we confirmed. We are fit & in our 30's but my bag was too heavy for this and my neck is still killing me. OK we just got on with it but it was annoying as we were on the 2nd fllor (3rd US).

2. Room was tiny like all the others I have stayed in and facing into a courtyard where there was a building being renovated across from our window. It looked kind of cool but Monday at 7:50, the noise started. Could not stay in this room for the weekdays because of noise. The rooms facing the street would have been nicer.

3. Bathroom was puny and soaked after a shower no matter what I did and the only mirrors were in the bathroom and could not fit 2 people at the sink.

4. Could have been cleaner i.e. the bathroom needs a better scrub on the tiles and overall the room is starting just slightly to look a tiny bit weathered. Hall/ stair carpets are weathered could look fresher.

5. I can understand thin walls and had funny experiences with hearing neighbors before but they are pretty thin. Woken up by 2 Ladies who thumped their suitcases talking full voice up the stairs at 6am Sunday. Kinda rude in my opinion but too tired to get up and tell them.

Breakfast was average any only had as it was included. Its never worth it in these hotels as you can get nicer elsewhere. The room was in the basement and perfectly nice but skip breakfast.

Overall Don't bother. I paid 160 for 2 people and ended up with a double bed not 2 singles and have paid less for what I feel are nicer places. For example the Muguet may be out of the way for some but that place was Spotless and I felt more comfortable.

I walked by the Caron de Beaumarchais and I would still like to try it. Also a few other small places looked very nice and the rates posted outside were better.

The Axial looks modern Chic in the website but its a small hotel trying to look trendy and wearing a bit on the edges from what we saw. I paid 90-100 euro 2 years ago for a room in the Muguet.

Where I always stay in Paris

This is a great hotel in the Marais, and I would definitely recommend it to anyone. My partner and I have stayed here several times - every time we are in Paris, in fact - and have always had a great experience. The desk staff are helpful and pleasant, and the rooms are comfortable and well designed (albeit a bit small in general, but that's to be expected in Paris). THey have recently gone through a redesign and renovation.

The rooms are air conditioned, and there is internet access for a fee in the lobby.

THe location is great, it's well priced and it is a 2 minute walk to the Hotel De Ville metro stop.

Definitely stay here if you're in Paris.

great bang for the buck

stylish, clean, centrally located, and it won't break the bank. this place is great. we paid 160e per night and you just can't find this style hotel for this amount of money. are the rooms small? yes but so what it's paris and hotels are so expensive i found the axial to be worth the money. i would stay here again and already recommended the hotel to another friend.

Great location, limited service

by TripAdvisor Member pburanosky

This hotel was nice and clean, but the service was limited. The rooms were well kept. We upgraded our room to the largest in the hotel and it was still quite small. When we looked on the floor map we could not believe how small the other rooms were. However, it is Paris and small rooms are the norm. The location was perfect and it was a very good value for this area of Paris. The service was our only issue. One night we asked if the person at the desk could give us help with an address and he referred us to a phone book in the corner (and language was not the issue). We asked for extra towels three times before going downstairs to get them ourselves. Also, on another occasion we asked for a corkscrew because ours had broken and the person at the desk explained that they didn’t have any in the whole hotel. (Which we found suspect in a Parisian hotel!) The staff was not rude…just more “everyone fend for themselves” sort of service. So if limited service is fine with you I would recommend this hotel. The location in the Marais is great!

Great place, great location

by TripAdvisor Member sandpLondon

I've now made this my hotel of choice in Paris and have returned several times. For Paris it offers small rooms but spotlessly clean, really good quality bed linen and towels and a nice decor. I've stayed here at various times of the year and never had a problem with noise. The staff are very friendly and helpful. What makes this place is the location, right in the heart of the vibrant Marais, lots of local corner shops that stay open late and the BHV department store across the street. As a woman on my own this feels a very safe neighbourhood to wander round after a day of meetings. The only down side is the overpriced breakfast but there are ample cafes around including the one right across the street.

Excellent location & stylish but reserve the biggest room!

by TripAdvisor Member mattyknight

I checked out Tripadvisor before reserving a room at this hotel and so due to all the comments about small rooms I tried to reserve the superior room. Unfortunately this wasn't available so I thought I'd take a chance and go with the standard room.

In common with most of the other reviewers I agree that the standard room is very small (you basically have space to walk around your bed!) although nicely decorated in contemporary style and clean. There was also a safe in the room at no extra charge. The bathroom was small but clean with a good shower. Some people might find the external corridor areas a bit small & claustrophobic - a lot of rooms have been squeezed into this building's footprint.

I had a corner room which was nice & light on the first floor (second floor U.S.)and didn't have a problem with noise despite facing the street - I am a fairly heavy sleeper though.

Some staff were polite; others were particularly charming, notably Paul on reception who was very helpful & friendly.

The location is excellent for bars, restuarants & shops, very close to the Pompidou Centre and the Hotel de Ville.

I would stay here again but probably only if I could get the superior room - the standard rooms are just a little too small if you want to spend some time relaxing there.

Comments