Hotel Ecole Centrale Paris

Similarly priced and rated as other 3.5 star hotels

More about Paris

LouvreLouvre

Place de la Concorde - ObeliskPlace de la Concorde - Obelisk

i almost got hit taking thisi almost got hit taking this

Candles in Notre DameCandles in Notre Dame

Paris side trip with kids

by lskramer

My family of 5 (husband, me, 17 and 12 yr old boys, 10 yr old girl) are renting an apt. in Paris for 10 days in July. We are thinking about taking a one night side trip to Normandy and touring D-Day beaches, etc. I have reservation at hotel in Bayeux but was thinking about another stop on the way home. At first I thought Mt. Saint Michel but it looks pretty far to come back to Paris (drive to Bayeux Monday, tour D-Day beaches, sleep in Bayeux, Tues. drive to Mt Saint Michel and then back to Paris same day). Now I am thinking just return via Versailles on Tues. Any suggestions? Will my kids like Versailles? Am I crazy to rule out Mt St Michel because of all the driving involved (I read it is 4+ hours from Mt Saint Michel to Paris)? Is the Loire valley a better choice for a road trip instead of Normandy?
Thanks for your help

by GrumpyDiver

We went through a similar discussion when we went to Paris in March. It was also a 10-day trip and we had to visit some friends in Belgium for a couple of days as well. We did the math and decided that that Normandy would have to wait for another trip. While it could be done, it was just too much and we headed straight to Paris,

Versailles - would your kids like it? Depends on your kids - if they are into historical buildings, yes. If they would find them boring - no. Versailles is really a full-day event. It's quite large.

by TheWanderingCamel

Rather than Mt St Michel or Versailles, how about heading back along the coast towards the Seine Valley? Honfleur's a delightful, very picturesque little town, the cliffs at Etretat (a few kilometres on the other side of the river)are a great sight, the ruins of Chateau Gaillard, built by Richard the Lionheart in 1198 high above the village of Les Andelys (your boys will love it I'm sure) is a stunning spot with fabulous views of the Seine Valley and a little bit further down the valley, near Vernon, is Giverney, Monet's gorgeous house and garden. Apart from Giverney, there won't be anything like the crowds you'll encounter at MSM or Versailles and the day will have something for everyone.

by lizscoular

We visited France last August with our 2 kids, ages 15 and 18. Two of their most memorable stops were the D-day beaches and Versailles. I knew they'd get a lot out of the D-day beaches, but was surprised by how much they enjoyed Versailles. it is just so over the top!!

If you do go to Versailles, make sure your passes include the garden and grounds. We enjoyed a fun and relaxing picnic there (there is food available on the grounds). Good luck!!

Travel Tips for Paris

L'OFFICE DU TOURISME BOUGE......

by eden_teuling

When in Paris we all know where to find the Tourist Office, le Bureau du Tourisme at the CHAMPS ELYS?ES ..........but.......... THIS OFFICE WILL CLOSE 31st December 2003 and after that you can visit other centres for visitors.

The list is too long to type here but if you want to know the exact addresses: you can use the telephone: 0 892 68 3000 (it will cost you some 35 euro cents p. minute)

You can also have a look at: www.paris-touristoffice.com and do what I did: copy past the list of addresses....they will come in very handy!

The page is in French but you have to look for: bureau d'acueil and you will find the addresses, opening-hours and days......

Have fun........

Being so fortunate that it is only 3 hrs. by train from my hometown I love going there time and again so....I have too many fondest memories to mention here..........have a look at my TIPS & TRAVELOGUES and don't forget to visit my VERSAILLES page which I also use for Paris because 5 travelogues is far to few..........

Look for details

by tini58de

There is plenty to see in Paris, I know!!!

But if you like, look for details and you will get a very special feel of Paris! It is not only the famous sights that make Paris special, but also little details that always tickle me, like the roof construction of the Musee d'Orsay or an extremely small house, a street lamp or.....

Well, look for yourself!

Take a walk by the river...

by jrs1234

The banks and bridges of the river Seine are particularly nice places to walk and take in some great river views. My favourite spots to walk are around Notre Dame and the island that it's on (Ile de la Cite), although if you're feeling energentic you can keep going until at least the Eiffel Tower going west from there.

You'll get some especially nice views if you take the trouble to cross some of the bridges on your walk. There are plenty to choose from!

Street music

by kris-t

Nobody knows exactly how many musicians use the street as their stage. This traditon is an old one. Even the great Edith Piaf started singing for change on the Paris streets.

We found the PARIS-INDIAN street performers near The Eiffel Tower were really good.

Paris street performers have, like these Indians, traveled long and far to play here.

Packing List

by YsndHalf

If you live in a warm place better take care: Paris can reach really cold temperatures. I went from Barcelona to Paris in August 20th, leaving behind about 35 degrees, and I arrived with about 20 degrees (I don't remember exactly the temperature, but I felt really cold). So better you take a good pullover and coat (depending on the month, of course). And don't forget the umbrella! Well, if you want to visit Versailles, better take a fisheye! And, in general, if you like photography you better take a good equipment, because Paris is a really nice place where you can take incredible photos. But if you cannot spend much money don't worry, my photos were taken with a $90 compact Pentax (and they are so nice, aren't they? ;-))

Comments