Hotel Eden Montmartre

Booking.com Expedia.com Priceline.com

Costs 44% more than similarly rated 2.5 star hotels

• laforstraveller's Profile Photo

Decent Accomodation for the Price

For the price that we got on our double room, I was somewhat nervous as to what we would find. The hotel was actually quite nice. As with most hotels in Europe--especially those in the larger touristy cities--the room itself was small. But two people could easily manage in the tight quarters. The room was clean as was the bathroom, the receptionists were very friendly and helpful, and the breakfast was small but decent (good coffee, not the best, but good enough to get you going in the morning). The main drawback is that there is no A/C, so we had to keep the windows open for most of the night. Not usually a bad thing, but when you're in the city that never sleeps--it's quite loud. There is a lift at the hotel just off the reception, but it dumps you in-between floors, so you still need to lug your baggage up some steps. Never seen this before--but, taking the elevator saves your back at least a couple of flights of stairs.

For the pricing, I say that the hotel was about average. We found many hotels that were in the area for $20-30 less, some about the same, and several that were anywhere from $30-100 more. But for the no-frills, good, clean accomodations that we were looking for--it was average.

Directions: Just two blocks from the Jules Joffrin Metro station.

• illumina's Profile Photo

Convenient for Montmartre and Metro

This hotel is located just yards from Jules Joffrin Metro station, so ideally placed for Montmartre.

While we were staying there, in March 2005, there was a lot of renovation work going on, particularly around the lift area, so they were obviously trying to improve the place. The room was smallish, but not bad, with an ensuite shower room - the shower was slightly broken, but usable and like I say they were obviously in the process of doing it up. The view (we were at the back of the hotel) wasn't great - looked out onto blocks of shabby apartments - but I actually quite liked it, it seemed a bit bohemian.

The breakfast is good - croissants, bread rolls and jam, with tea, coffee or hot chocolate - and the staff are fairly friendly, and do seem to appreciate efforts to speak French.

Directions: Exit from Jules Joffrin Metro station, and turn right down Rue Ordener.

More about Hotel Eden Montmartre

Just OK Hotel....

We stayed at the Hotel Eden Montmartre from 01/02/06 - 01/06/06. This hotel lobby is adorably cute, and the breakfast is good, the Hot chocolate tasted different everyday, hmmmm, that was interesting. Upon arrival at check in, we were told we have twin size beds. For a romantic vacation, I was not happy with that, we had her check again, and begged for a double bed, she was gracious enough to find a room for us.

The rooms here are typical Paris rooms, small and have the necessites, a bed, pillows, shower, toilet etc. Nothing is spectacular about it, it was just ok, although I have stayed at better small hotels like Hotel Roma Sacre Couer down the road a bit. The wall paper in our room was coming off and the walls are super thin. Seemed like our neighbors came in late everynight and decided to talk at their loudest.

The Metro station Jules Joffrin is a quick walking distance, and there is a fantastic Italian eatery just accross the street from the Metro Station.
This hotel was decent, nothing to scream about and nothing to boast about.

Great value, good location

We shared a family room here for a week. Staff were very helpful and friendly, continental breakfast pleasant and filling. The location was great for exploring the Montmartre area, though bear in mind the massive amount of steps you need to climb to get up to the top. There is a little traffic noise, being on a largish road, but I wouldn't have mentioned this if I hadn't seen other reviews comment on this here. It certainly didn't disturb any of us morning or night ( we had a second floor room facing the road). Will definitely consider returning to this hotel in future - it was really good value.

Good location, great service

The staff are very friendly and helpful and the hotel is well situated with some lovely restaurants and bars surrounding it. It is also very close (1 minute walk) to the Metro station Jules Joffrin. Rooms are very good value for money. Overall this was a lovely place to stay!

Good Location, Good Value

by TripAdvisor Member gaglierto

We found this hotel to be a clean well located hotel in Paris. Probably one of the better deals you can get and biggest "bang for your buck".

It is located within walking distance of Jules Joffrin metro so it was easy to get anywhere in the city. The Paris subway is very easy to navigate, extremely quick, and the perfect way to explore the city.

The street (Orderner) is a busy one so the sounds of scooters and cars may keep the light sleeper awake at night but we enjoyed the sounds and liked the restaurant, bar choices right outside the hotel. There are supermarkets (Ed or Monoprix) down the road that I would advise using to buy stuff for the room. (Simply walk in the other direction from the metro and you'll run into both of these).

We stayed in a triple room which was a bit small but thoroughly enjoyed our stay there. The traditional French breakfast (croissant, petit pain, and coffee) was included in the room rate and a good way to start the day.

Nice hotel

by TripAdvisor Member becks127

If you're looking for a clean, friendly and well located hotel, the Hotel Eden Montmatre is ideal. Just returned from a couple of nights stay there and would recommend it to others as a good cheapish option. Got a good online deal (with Eurostar). Had a double room overlooking the main street - not too noisy at night which was good. Also had a triple room which had no shower so be warned! Friendly reception and breakfast staff. Breakfast served in reception area. Great location - 10 minutes (uphill!) to the Sacre Couer and 100 metres from Jules Joffrin metro station.

Good Budget Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member LonestarTravel

Great Price! Booked 2 rooms, when I arrived inspected both rooms; the one on the 5th floor was well above 2 star standards, large, well equipped, and clean and with spacious bathroom. The second room on the 3rd floor was good as well however the electricity failed and a move to the 2nd floor was on the cards, this room whilst clean was no where near the standard of the other rooms, it was a smoking room which smelt like it was, furniture, furnishings and carpets were distinctly average and a ‘lower 2 star’. The staff were very friendly and helpful, the reception area impressive. Breakfast was a ‘traditional’ budget Paris hotel version. The hotel was in a fairly good location, very near the metro. (this incidentally travelled under the hotel which is slightly noticeable at the lower floors). Other guests were inconsiderate at times especially late at night which you tend not to get with a more expensive hotel. I would, however visit the hotel again for Paris on a budget.

Great Little Hotel

It was my first trip to Paris and I booked this hotel on line and only booked this hotel because of the ratings which I located on this website, I found it hard to get a honest idea of where hotels were and what they were like from the brochures. I have to say that I think that for the money this little hotel was excellent value. The hotel staff were really friendly and helpful and really go out of their way to help you with your request (they even had a travel plug I could borrow as I left mine back in the UK!) The room itself was on the 6th Floor there is a small lift in the hotel which I have to stay was the smallest lift I think I have even been in but it was safe enough for me to use each night and day!
The room itself was clean and tidy, I think that the rooms are suited more to be a double and not big enough for 3 people (all rooms are stated as being tripe rooms). It was the same as the bathroom there were always plenty of towels and it was clean and tidy.
The hotel is only a few minutes from the Metro line and there are plenty of bars and shops around the area, we normally went into the city for dinner in the evening and came back early and stayed in one of the smaller cafes, not only was it a small walk
from the hotel (as we did not know what time the metro stopped)but it was also a lot cheaper for drinks!
Overall I enjoyed my time in Paris and this hotel was pretty cheap and quite centrally located. I would stay at this hotel again and I would recommend this hotel to others.

Are you kidding me??? This place was terrible!

After reading the reviews on this site, we booked this hotel through Expedia. The first impression from the street is nice; it looks like a boutique hotel. But then we entered and realized the lobby was not the one on the Expedia website. Not a good sign.

Imagine traveling for close to 16 hours, being absolutely exhausted and then having the unpleasant surprise of a dingy room. During our stay, we ended up in three different rooms. The first was like a filthy dorm room (on 3rd floor) located in the back with a view of a moldy courtyard. The second (also on 3rd floor) was a step nicer only because it was on the street side. Both rooms had junkyard furnishings complete with cigarette burns, sagging beds, and horribly stained carpet (see my photos). That night, we contacted Expedia and were told to check out, that they would find us another hotel (this was at 11pm whilst the curfew was in effect for the riots). We informed the rep that we had a 5 year old child with us so we would stay the night and check out in the morning.

The following day, we checked out and sat in the lobby while Expedia was supposedly searching for another hotel (never happened, and Expedia never called us back). The manager of the hotel called and asked why we wanted to leave. After several minutes of arguing back and forth about the filthy rooms and their false advertising, she relented and offered to put us in an upgraded room. The third room was still not like the rooms in the brochure or on Expedia’s site, but was definitely more acceptable. We pre-paid Expedia for a triple but were squeezed into a double and were not compensated. The third member of our party was forced to sleep on a fold-up cot (that broke down twice) for 9 nights. Our stay was for 12 nights, but we finally had had enough of the filth and the lack of space and moved to another hotel.

This is by NO MEANS a two star hotel. The only extra is the bread and croissant you receive for breakfast (which gets boring real fast). There are no hair dryers and not even a clothes iron in the entire hotel. I am appalled at how the staff stuck us in a ratty room when several nicer ones were available. First, we were told the hotel was full; however whatever time day or night the amount of keys on the hooks showed otherwise. Then we were told only room #16 was upgraded. Perhaps they didn’t think we’d peek in the open rooms while the maids were cleaning and catch them in a lie. We found it interesting that the day after our spat with the manager, workers were there bright and early hanging framed prints, taking new photos of the rooms, placing nice potted plants in front of the hotel. And, the old brochures were missing from the counter. Unbeknownst to them, we had already swiped a few old brochures that showed what they were false advertising on the Internet. I would not call the staff *friendly* but instead polite for the most part. No one was outwardly rude except for one of the chambermaids who chewed me out in French for switching rooms. Cleanliness is definitely NOT a priority at this hotel and we basically had to re-clean the room each day. We also had an issue with one of the maids going through our things.

This was our first time staying in the Montmarte area. The location is far away from the city center, but very near the Metro, close to four grocery markets, and just a block from the police station. There are two Chinese food restaurants (one on the back street and one on the side alley) which have just incredible food and an excellent Brasserie across the street from the hotel. There are several children’s stores in the neighborhood including Nataly’s across the street and Tout Compte Fait down the street. Also, visit the Giga Store for lots of reduced prices! I would probably not stay in the 18the again, because honestly there were not any nice options of lodging except in the artist village (too touristy for us). We’ve found that better choices are in the 2e, 8e, 9e, and 15e.

Hotel Sofia

by zerodk2002

Hi,

Has anyone stayed at Hotel Sofia (21 Rue Sofia (75018) (18e) PARIS). Are the facilities clean and well maintained? Is it central to major attractions?

Thanks,

Roger

RE: Hotel Sofia

by Padushka

Roger,

I also looked into that hotel a few weeks ago. We were looking for a budget hotel and Hotel Sofia seemed to be a good choice. We searched all over the net and couldn't find reviews on this place at all. A friend recommended another hotel, also located in the 18th district, called Hotel Eden Montmartre. Same/comparable price. The difference between Sofia and Eden is that Eden has got many great reviews. You might want to to check it out.

RE: Hotel Sofia

by meheu

The Hotel Sofia, is a typical small 1 star hotel of Paris, it is well located , it is clean. You have a good bed in a small room. But it can't be as confortable as a 3 stars hotel. If you are looking for a charming and confortable hotel, don't go there!!But if you are looking only for a bed to sleep at night because you will be always out of the hotel. Go there , it is the ideal hotel for tight budget.http://www.hsofia.com/
Enjoy Paris