38-40, rue Saint Severin, Paris, Ile-de-France, 75005, France

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

More about Hotel Europe Saint Severin

Nice Hotel, Nice Stay

by TripAdvisor Member Two-PS-Mikes

We spent five nights at the Saint Severin in early July and found it to be a very nice hotel. The room was well designed with plenty of storage. The bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was functional and featured a fantastically large tub (which seemed a bit out of place). Everything was suitably clean. Our room had a balcony which was a great spot from which to watch the crowds in the Latin Quarter. The crowds could be noisy, but this was effectively eliminated by closing the French doors. Rooms are air conditioned which we needed as it was quite hot and humid during our stay. The front-desk staff were very efficient and helpful (I promptly lost my ATM card upon arrival in Paris and the young woman at the front desk provided me with the necessary telephone number to have it de-activated). There is some construction going on at the hotel, but we did not find this to be an issue (on the other hand, we were out and about in Paris for much of the daytime hours). The location is great, just a quick stroll from the Place Saint Michel Metro station (which is also an RER stop which makes for quick transfers to/from Gare du Nord). The cat still has free run of the hallways, but we could not determine who the drunk was given the generally colorful characters that prowl the Latin Quarter. The immediate neighborhood is very touristy which means that everything costs more than it might in other areas, but we managed to find places to eat that did not feel like they were excessively expensive. Overall, we loved Paris, its people, and the Europe Saint Severin!

Great Location, staff

Yes, the kitty's cute and the local street drunk is still there (the double pane glass balcony door blocks out all outside noise including the drunk), but if it's a clean room with a comfortable bed a great location and a staff that is friendly, helpful and speaks English, then this is your place.

My wife and I were able to walk much of the city from here. Food and Drink are steps away from the front door. You're close to the Siene, Notre Dame, the Metro and the RER that goes directly to CDG Airport.

I'd stay here again in a heartbeat!

Excellent hotel -- if you bring your earplugs

by TripAdvisor Member IllinoisMike

We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel, except for the outside racket which kept us up parts of each of our 3 nights. Our room was small but very nicely furnished and very clean; the staff was very friendly and helpful; Isis, le chat, enjoyed the kitty treats we brought; and the convenience of the location is great: right by restaurants, St. Michel Metro stop, Notre Dame Cathedral, tour bus stops, outdoor cafes, the Seine -- all within 5 minutes' walk. Can't beat that! But, there's a lot of late night pedestrian traffic and conversation right outside, garbage and delivery trucks with workers shouting at each other at 3am, and the aforementioned nightly drunk, all create a lot of noise. We'd definitely stay there again, but we'd bring earplugs and walkmans to try to sleep through the night. Some floors have outdoor balconies, others don't -- we enjoyed sitting out on ours and writing postcards and sipping wine. The corner rooms looked larger but seemed to be closed for renovation. There was some confusion at check in and after 5 minutes of analyzing their computer, we were given keys to a room that had other guests already staying in it. But, it's a nice facility, very convenient location and friendly staff! (PS. It's about a 45 Euro cab fare from CDG airport).

Good all rounder

by TripAdvisor Member Beardtours

Echo many of the previous reviews, which helped make my choice when booking. Great location, right in the middle of the action and great access to the rest of Paris via a short walk to St Michel station. We had a street side room - with a small balcony - great feature! and plenty of around the clock noise from the street below (crazy shouting tramp included!). This street noise didnt really cause a problem as we were out late ourselves. I would say if you are looking for a quiet spot to get an early night after a long day pounding the Parisian streets then look for a different location - or bring ear plugs! The room itself was small but clean and nicely done out. Staff were fine though didn’t really need to deal with them.

All in all if you looking for a great location, right in the heart of it with clean and good value rooms them consider the Saint Severin.

Would return to the Europe St Severin

The reviews we read prepared us for a busy, noisy, but convenient area. The hotel itself was immaculate, our room - small by U.S. standards but comfortable, newly remodeled with a shiny new bathroom. It was hot in Paris when we arrived on April 29th, for a 3 night weekend, and the large windows/balcony were a relief but also gave us "street music" which lasted til the wee hours. Noisy indeed! Take earplugs if you stay here. The preaching street person was joined by a drunken bongo player - what a hoot! With windows closed they wouldn't have been a problem but we were ready to give them Euros to move locations. I hope the hotel does something about this.

Desk people were friendly. Cat was great. Hotel was perfect location for tourist ease. Price was right. Only downside was the weekend noise of the street, but we had read your reviews and took it in stride. We walked everywhere, appreciated the Louvre on Friday, after 6:00PM - no lines. The St. Severin church, around the corner from the hotel was perfect. Not a touristy church. A real old church in unrestored condition but a special spiritual feeling. We only had three days to 'do Paris', but we saw what we wanted, combined with a 6 night barge trip that took us thru Paris on an evening lights cruise, and a daytime motorcoach tour. I hope to return and would use the hotel again - with earplugs! I found this website and hotel reviews extremely helpful ... and ... I am a travel agent with access to all sorts of other info.

Tourist trap convenience for good and bad

by TripAdvisor Member DrJimbob

We booked this hotel through Yahoo's Travelocity program. With the strong euro, it was one of the few hotels charging on the order of $100/night with convenience to the RER B line to Charles de Gaulle airport. The hotel is one block away from the RER stop and astonishingly central. Unfortunately, that central part of the Latin Quarter and St. Germain is pretty tourist-trap-ish, and you have to do a little hunting to find a decent local boulangerie (apart from the Paul on Blvd St Michel) or supermarket or restaurant without touts around it.

Room was pretty small (I'm used to small hotel rooms, but this space was barely big enough to contain the king sized bed plus a small bathroom and minimalist closet space). Service in the hotel was fair to middling -- most of the concierges spoke workable English, but at least one day the maids forgot to put towels in the bathroom, and the low nightly price means very few amenities. We did have a lovely terrace in our 2nd floor room which was great for sitting with a loaf of bread, a jug of wine and tourist-watching, and the windows provided impressive soundproofing (we didn't hear the local drunk that others have complained about). Unfortunately, the bathroom also wasn't vented externally, so the room got pretty stuffy when the window was closed and the AC didn't seem to do much of anything.

Pluses: the room was reasonably clean, water pressure in the shower was excellent (more than I can say for some other Latin Quarter hotels) and those terraces are nice (but only available on the 2nd floor). And it's nice to only have to roll suitcases a block to get to the RER back to the airport. But I think I'll be staying a little deeper into the 5eme or 6eme next time I'm in town.

Superior room ???

My wife and I booked a superior room through Travelocity.On arrival we were told that our booking had been cancelled !After some searching it transpired that Travelocity had made two booking and cancelled one of them .We were given a room on the first floor that you would have had difficulty in swinging a cat in .The lights were needed to see during the day and there was a strong smell of cooking from the restaurant below .
I went down to reception to complain about the standard of the room .The receptionist was polite but assured me that it was a superior room and that they were full .Eventually after much staring at the computer screen a similar sized room was found on the fourth floor .Looking at the fire escape plan it was obvious that the rooms that we had been given were much smaller than most of the other rooms in the hotel .After much Gallic shrugging of shoulders and protestations that the hotel was full I returned to our room ready to admit defeat .
After about five minute the receptionist appeared with the key to another room on the sixth floor .This room had a king sized bed and a jaccuzi .The offer was greatfully accepted .The room was comfortable and reasonably well furnished .The jaccuzi was another matter .The blowers started working 30 minutes after I had left the bath which came as somewhat of a suprise .Neither could you have a stand up shower in the bath as the water flooded all over the wooden floor as there was no shower curtain .There were also bare wires protruding from the wall that had been taped up and bent back into the hole .
Despite these minor problems and the initial problems in getting a decent room this is a very centrally located hotel ,ideal for visiting Paris .

Perfect Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member ebetch24

We had a great stay at hotel St. Severin. It was in the perfect location, with lots of cafes and shops right outside our door. We had a little balcony that was great for people watching. The rooms were normal sized and very clean. We would definitely recommend the hotel & will stay there if we go back to Paris. The hotel was very close to Notre Dame & two blocks from the Metro. It was perfect!

Dreamers Paradise

by Oceantho

"Blue Cost"

Côte d'Azur (the Blue Cost) on the St Tropez Peninsula-South of France

"Abbey of Senanque"

Abbey of Senanque, Provence, France

"Brasseris Le Claridge & Cannes street"

Brasseris Le Claridge cafe day kind with a locale atmosphere & Cannes street

"Canadian Leaves of Southern France"

Canadian Maple Leaves of Southern France

"Cannes Port View"

Cannes (French pronunciation: [kan], in Occitan Canas) in the Alpes-Maritimes department in the region of Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur in southeastern France is one of the best-known cities of the French Riviera, a busy tourist destination and host of the annual Cannes Film Festival. The population was 70,400 as of the 2007 census. Cannes is the home of numerous luxurious houses and mansions as well as many high-end gated communities. The city is also famous for its various luxury stores, fancy restaurants, and prestigious hotels....http://www.roomex.com/splendid-sea-view-hotel-cannes.44081.hotelinfo.html...Built as a mill in the 18th century, the Moulin has to be one of the most unusual but charming properties in Cannes...

"Cityrama Bus Paris"

The best of Paris, in 1.30 hours; discover the city, with our famous double decker buses and registered commentaries: Opera, Champs Elysées, Arch of Triumph, Eiffel tower, Louvre Museum, Notre Dame cathedral, ...

Daily departures, except on special events

AM: at 10.00 and 11.30

PM: at 2.30.

Duration: around 1.30 hours.

Individual earphones.

Recorded commentary in 16 languages at each departure: English, Chinese, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish and Hungarian.

"Europe Saint Severin-Paris"

Like Crawford Market of Mumbai the shops, offices & homes Europe Saint Severin-Paris Notre Dame
38,40, Rue Saint Severin, 75005 Paris

"Grand Louvre Museum-Paris"

Monday, Saturday and Sunday.

Except on special events.

Departure : 9.45 am.

Return at around : 6.15 pm.

In the morning, the Grand Louvre-Paris:

Grand Louvre walking tour begins with a stroll through the commercial area of the Louvre museum. The visit continues inside the museum where our guide presents various areas such as the medieval fortress, the modern pyramid, the Egyptian department and the most reputed works such as the Monna Lisa by Leonardo da Vinci.

Grand Louvre: licensed multilingual guide in English, Spanish, Italian (at each departure) ; French (Saturday) and German (Sunday)

Hotel Europe Saint Severin Confirmation

by dalejudy

I am trying to confirm a reservation .. at Hotel Europe Saint Severin, 38 rue Saint Severin Paris. I dont have a phone number and they are not returning my email. I have reservations for April 4th checking out on April 8th.

Can someone help with a phone number..thanks..

by Beausoleil

I'm going to give you a number and it isn't the hotel. It is the customer service line of http://www.france.com where we make our hotel reservations in Paris. You will have to explain you didn't reserve through them and see if they can give you a phone number or perhaps even help you. These are wonderful people and you may tell them I highly recommended you call them. Don't know if they are allowed to do this, but if it isn't against their policy, I'm sure they will help you. They are located in Miami, Florida and speak English.

When calling, please refer to:
Hotel Code: 464 Hotel Europe Saint Severin

+1 703 286-2737

Good luck.

by mariev

phone : 01 43 29 10 13 or 01 44 07 18 12, fax : 01 43 25 85 59
(from abroad : 33 1 43 29 10 13 - 33 1 44 07 18 12 - fax : 33 1 43 25 85 59)

by oliveboy

Whaou Beausoleil!
A site called "France.com" which is american based!
And did you know that "visite-usa.com" is French!

Now who said that the French did not like the Americans and Americans the French!!!
But I still think that it is very weird, and quite misleading, that domain names such as these are not owned by representatives of the said country!.

by Beausoleil

Olivier, I hope it is some consolation that the originators and most of the staff of France.com are all French, born and raised there and now living in the US. They seem to keep in touch and to return for vacations and things. I think the web site is their way of keeping in touch with their roots. All I know is it's a great site to find and reserve a hotel! 8^)

Mariev, You are great. I was hoping some nice French person would look up the phone number and put it on the thread. Super!

It looked like a nice hotel at a reasonable price in a great location. Hope it works out for the poster.

by oliveboy