Hotel Franklin

Booking.com Hotels.com Expedia.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 26% less than similarly rated 3 star hotels

More about Paris

Standard biffy with flush panelStandard biffy with flush panel

Statue of Julius Caesar in the parkStatue of Julius Caesar in the park

The Petit Trainon as seen from Pleasure Pavilion.The Petit Trainon as seen from Pleasure Pavilion.

Appel du 18 juin 1940.Appel du 18 juin 1940.

WILL THE RER B BE RUNNING TO CDG THE WEEKEND OF OCTOBER 9TH

by ForestqueenNYC

There was a posting in my metro station (DENFERT ROCHEREAU) this weekend that the RER B is shut down from Aulnay to CDG for some weekends. I have tried to find more information on the internet about this since I will be going to CDG on the 9th of October and wanted to take the RER B. Does anyone have a link that will take me directly to the information I am looking for?

by adelinemmc

Hi
Unfortunately the weekend of 9th/10th October will be affected by the program of renovation of the CDG branch.

see http://www.modernisation-rerb.fr/pdf/aulnay0710.pdf for more info (in French but with teh list of weekend were replacement buses are operating). More detailled information is available in English at http://www.transilien.com/web/site/accueil/guide-du-voyageur/reseau/acces-aeroport/lang/en#cdg (with a possibility to download bus timetables) and here is the relevant extract:

Engineering works the weekends of September, October and November
Plan 30 minutes to 1 hour on the usual route Paris - Airport Charles de Gaulle

Because of the works of raising of platforms between the stations of Aulnay sous Bois and the Airport Charles de Gaulle, the train traffic is interrupted between Aulnay sous Bois and Aéroport Charles de Gaulle the weekends of September 11-12th, 18-19th, 25-26th, October 2-3rd, 9-10th and November 6-7th, 2010.
The circulation of the RER B to Mitry-Claye is with 2 trains by 1/4 an hour. A bus service is set up by Transilien SNCF.
- Time of route of buses stopping at all stations between Aulnay sous Bois and the Airport Charles de Gaulle 1: 45 min, frequency: 1 bus every 15 minutes
- Time of route of the direct buses between Mitry Claye and the Airport Charles de Gaulle 1: 25 min, frequency: 1 bus all 5 in 10 minutes.

To go to the Aéroport Charles de Gaulle 1, the customers are invited to take the RER B to Mitry-Claye or a service of direct buses is assured.
To go to the Aéroport Charles de Gaulle 2, take the shuttle CDGVAL at the Airport Charles de Gaulle 1.

Plan between 30 minutes and the 1 hour more that usually to make to the Airport Charles de Gaulle since the center of Paris.

Good luck!
A

by ForestqueenNYC

Thank you. I think the least complicated thing for me then is to take the shuttle.

by pfsmalo

bookmark

by ForestqueenNYC

Hi Pedro. I hope it helps anyone arriving or leaving on those weekends. As for me, I have decided it will easier to just take a shuttle so that's what I am going to do. If my flight left in the afternoon and I had only one piece of luggage I might take the RER and the bus they are providing to the airport, but it's not worth my peace of mind even though I am right across the place from the RER B station at Denfert.

I am only staying in the US for a short time so will definitely be here for the VT meet.

Travel Tips for Paris

Parisian Pooches

by MR.COLIN

If you adore pets of any kind, I would strongly advise a Sunday morning stroll along the Seine just by the metro Hotel de Ville (away from BMV departmental store).Here you will find dogs,cats,birds & pets of every description all beautifully kept and displayed in large well lit glass cages serviced by clinical white coated salespersons who will also sell you chic accessories and gourmet titbits for your pooch. These "salons de chien et chat"are interdispersed by stores overflowing with flowers and plants for both home and garden together with other domestic agricultural ephemera and the lovely perfume wafting into the street is an added plus.A Paris must. On any wedding anniversary or birthday its always lunch at Le Grand Colberg in Rue Vivienne, then a stroll into the gallerie Vivienne just alongside the restaurant which has the most delectable,eclectic shops.

Museum and Monuments Pass

by Colzy

I spent 3 days in Paris and purchased this pass for the grand total of 30 Euro. I really wasn't sure whether or not my investment would pay off but I was very pleasantly surprised. This pass covers sooooo many sights in Paris that there are far too many to list. The major monument excluded from this pass is the Eiffel Tower it is worth noting.

It covers things like entry to the Louvre, Musee de Orsay and Georges Pomidou Center and no lines people!! Others included Arc de Triomphe and Notre Dame amongst many more. After all the museums and monumnets I visited whilst in Paris it more than paid for itself and the convenience was really wonderful... just flash the pass and you are through.

Carte Musées et Monuments for 1 day : 15 Euros
Carte Musées et Monuments for 3 days : 30 Euros
Carte Musées et Monuments for 5 days : 45 Euros

It is has unlimited visits and unlimited validity and you can purchase the card online or I bought mine from the ticket office at Gard du Nord. A brochure listing all the details is distributed with the card.

Paris Tip

by schintam

I discounted the raves about food in france as too much hype, but I was pleasantly surprised. The food DOES taste better. I am not even talking about fancy restaurants..just regular street side cafe's or your corner boulangerie. I liked the food in south of france even more..well that's another story :)

A bachelor party ! Un enterrement en regle

by Maillekeul

My friend Laurent is gonna get married with Rohan (from Scotland) the 2nd of July 2004. All his friends and I have prepared a great bachelor party for him. One of his forfeits : he had to walk in the streets of Paris dressed with rare clothes... If you were visiting Paris on the 19th of June, you have maybe seen him !!!

Mon pote Laurent va se marier le 2 juillet 2004 avec Rohan (d'Ecosse !). Tous ses amis dont moi avons préparé son enterrement de vie de garçon. Entre autres gages, il devait se balader dans un accoutrement bien particulier. Si vous etiez de passage a Paris le 19 juin, vous l'avez peut-etre croise !!!

Small things, that make the difference.

by anagrettel

A Backpack for a women is essencial. I don't use it at home, but during my travel my bagback was really helpful to carry from makeup to advil, wipe towels,maps, etc. Just make sure it's not easy to open for pickpockets, mine can't be open until you take it out of your sholders. Walking shoes, not white sneakers. I took my Advil travel size with me everywhere, I really use it! I had headache probably from the dehydratation (the sun was hot!) plus all my body was in pain adter all the walking. All you can! If digital don't forget the charger and an extra battery in case the charger don't work as mine =(
Memmory as much as you can. If you have a 35mm camera lots of film, color film and a couple of Black and white film are also helpful. Umbrella. I also found this little travel bags with detergent at Wallmart and I took a few with me, it was the best thing I put on my luggage, well, that and the wipes or wet towels . I found them so helpful! To clean hands, my son's face, but most for the shoes. After walking at Jardin des Tuileries and many other places my shoes where all white. Many places have this walking areas with white sand and the shoes end up all cover in white.(You don't want to look like that in the pictures!)
It's going to sound logic, but really; Don't forget the toothbrush, it always happend to me! But this time I forgot my hair comb too and suffer the consecuences, I end up buying one, mini size of really bad quality for 8 euros!
Also a Map, I receive many at the hotel, tourist information, but the best was the one I buy before travel it was a pocket size pop up map. You don't look so bad trying to read a huge piece of paper, beacuse it;s smaall, easy to carry in your jeans, etc and it was easier to read.

Comments