Hotel Gramont Opera Paris

Hotels.com Expedia.com Booking.com

More about Hotel Gramont Opera Paris

Fantastic hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member angelofthenorth10

I've never reviewed a hotel before, but felt duty bound to following our stay here. The hotel itself is in a fantastic location and our room was beautifully decorated, clean and comfortable. The staff are excellent and couldn't have been more helpful. I'm already planning my next visit!

Really nothing special

by TripAdvisor Member FabioDaGenova

Tripadvisor is indicating this Hotel as one of the top 30 in Paris.
I absolutely dont agree, I dont want to say that it is a bad hotel, but nothing special, really.
Positive: location (few steps from Metro station), very clean, nice staff.
Negative: Our room was extremely small, quite expensive, quite anonime

Single room is really small

by TripAdvisor Member CndnTraveller

During my stay in Paris I stayed in 3 hotel and of the three this had a smallest room and has been the most expensive. (Just for the notice - One of my other hotels was beside Arc de Triumphe.) Really, I think is that this hotel is overpriced.
But I have to say, that the staff was most frendly and helpfull! I need to say that hotel is very clean and situated in a good convinient location. Nearby is internet cafe (Milk) and if you stay here I could recommend a great restaurant nearby for special occasion le Grand Colbert (www.legrandcolbert.fr/) - the food there is amazing.

If not the price/size combination - would be a great hotel.

Excellent service. Highly recommended.

by TripAdvisor Member christyyu

We stayed in this hotel for 5 nights. I have been slightly worried about our accomodation in paris as we know that not much could be expected at the price of around 110 euros per night for a paris hotel. However, we were delighted to see this hotel at first sight as it looked new and was nicely decorated with a warm feeling. We were even more pleased when we entered our room which was spotless and confortable with a good sized bed. Bathroom is tiny but again spotless with plenty of hot water for shower which was essential after a whole day in the freezing weather. The wifi connection in the room is good too.

The location of the hotel is great. Whilst located on a quiet street, metro stations, department stores and the Opera House are all within walking distance.

The highlight of this hotel must be the extremely helpful staff. They all speak good English and were willing to help and make suggestions. We were delighted to meet the receptionist Aurelie every morning, who greeted us with a lot of smiles.

On Christmas' Eve, we were offered a free glass of champagne and snacks in the lobby. They also offered free croissants at the bar in the late morning everyday, which was particularly important on Christmas Day when every nearby bakeries / shops were closed. These were the little parts which made us feel heartwarming.

Except that the hair dryer was not strong enough and it was a bit noisy when the cleaners started their jobs in the morning, there is nothing to complain about. We enjoyed the pleasant stay and definitely recommend this hotel.

Perfect!

by TripAdvisor Member rilkesq

I rarely review hotels, but I just had to write in about my lovely stay at the Hotel Gramont. I was in Paris for a 2 1/2 day stopover on the way back from the Middle East, and this was the perfect respite for me. I had a single room, which was expectedly small, but it was super clean, cozy, and left me wanting for nothing! The bed was so comfortable, and despite the small size of the room, I had a huge window with a flower box overlooking the street. All of the staff, but particularly Aurelie, were so welcoming and helpful, making it possible for me to find my way around, navigate the metro, change money, and see everything I wanted to see in my short stay. The location is ideal - a short walk got me to the Louvre, Orsay, Notre Dame, Champs Elysees, Pompidou, and the metro made it a quick trip anywhere else. I never tried the breakfast, preferring to scope out the various boulangeries and cafes in the area, but they always had complimentary coffee, tea, croissants and pan au chocolat (yum!) out in the lobby; Aurelie even insisted that I take an extra for the airport. I cannot say enough in recommendation of this fantastic little boutique hotel, and I can't wait for my next chance to visit!

The best in the category

by TripAdvisor Member Alexey_from_Moscow

We stayed 5 nights in the Gramont Opera Paris and I can say only good words about it.
Nice place (in walking distance to most of sites), stylish (renovated in 2009), really great staff - open, friendly, helpful - you feel like at home.
Great breakfast (for a reasonable price of 12 Euros), free Wi-Fi in the rooms.
Room (and especially bathroom) was not too roomy, but that was what I expected for 3 stars in Paris.
So, for it's 3 stars category - the best one I ever met in my life.

Excellent Hotel, outstanding location

by TripAdvisor Member Lauriot

We stayed for 3 days at the hotel, with kids aged 10 and 5, and had a splendid time. The location is outstanding, minutes walking from legendary department store Les Galleries Lafayette, or Paris fixtures such as Opera Garnier, Le Louvre or Place Vendome. By American standards, the rooms are of modest size, but have been updated this year, with super comfy beds, bright and clean bathrooms. The hotel is located in a totally quiet street. Even on a busy weekday, there was no noise pollution at all. The staff is super friendly and helpful and the breakfast in a remodeled room is plentiful and affordable. Hotel Gramont is a great destination for a family.

Wonderful, quaint and affordable hotel centrally located in Paris

by TripAdvisor Member QuebecShopper

Our daughters had an international competition in Belgium and we took the opportunity to visit Paris on our return back home. Hotel Gramont offered everything we were looking for, at a very affordable price. Service was great and friendly. Family Room very spacious for Europe (2 bathrooms with showers), confortable and clean- perfect for 4 people (2 adults and 2 teens). Location was central and within walking distance from main attractions. Minutes from subway. Free internet in main lobby. Although we did not try it, breakfast in hotel affordable (12 euros) and looked good- our girls preferred going to coffee shops in vicinity. We would highly recommend this hotel. Taxi service offered through hotel to airport very pricy- best to do it on your own for large group (we paid 65 euros for van for 6 people vs 20 euros/person hotel rate). Sincerely, Travellers from Quebec, Canada

Gentle and great

by TripAdvisor Member Jacqueline45

Very central, near good restaurants and all the famous shops. A quiet street, nearly no city noise. Small room and bathroom, but a fine bed. Very clean, very gentle.

House boats on the Seine, ParisHouse boats on the Seine, Paris

Napoleon's TombNapoleon's Tomb

Sacre CouerSacre Couer

Le Defense du TempsLe Defense du Temps

opinion

by rchitekt

It seems lot of hotels near Montparnasse station are full in November on days we are going to be there.

Does anybody have experience with Cluny/Sorbonne Hotel and Hotel Au Royal Cardinal which are nearby in Latin quarter

by hawkhead

We stayed in the Hotel Sorbonne a few years ago. Location is excellent. Rooms were somewhat small but that is the norm (or to be expected) in Paris. The bathroom was absolutely teeny but we managed!! Lift/elevator was also very cosy. Very pleasant staff.

by coramper

i just got back from paris yesterday, and stayed at the cluny-sorbonne hotel. it was okay, good location, room very small (maybe i got unlucky), and quiet. walking distance from the luxembourg station if you're coming in from charles de gaule airport on the rer. television (one english channel -cnn) and telephone in room. breakfast not included. stayed in a different hotel for the last three nights of my trip- hotel marignan. close to st. michel station and easy walking distance to notre dame. i like this hotel much better. rooms are larger and breakfast is included. there is no television, phone, or lift unlike the cluny-sorbonne. the marignan has a full kitchen for guest use, as well as a washer and dryer for use at no charge. hope this helps! susan

by qzaman

We were in Paris first week of September. We rented a studio apartment (30 sq meter) that had a working kitchen and wireless internet, iron, etc, for Euro 350 for a week. It was located very close to Convention metro station. If you want ameneties and space, you may want to consider the apartment option. Hope it helps.

Comments