Hotel Horset Washington

Assemblée Générale HallAssemblée Générale Hall

3 Days in Paris

by khatibs

Hi All,
We're arriving in Paris in a couple of days and staying at the Citadines Les Halles Apartments. Would love to hear suggestions about a possible itinerary.
1)What would be the best hour to visit the Eiffel tower?? Tried booking online for the 3rd level but could only see bookings open for the first two levels. Does anyone know at which website I could prebook the 3rd level tickets??

2)Is it necessary to prebook the Seine river cruise?? Which is the best and most economical cruise?? We're not interested in a dinner cruise.....

3)Are these apartments centrally located to the major sightseeing places?

4)What are the other must-do attractions in Paris that we must not miss out on??

Cant wait to hear all your suggestions.....
Thanx,
Nazima.

by von.otter

Your choice of hotels, Citadines Les Halles Apartments, is well done for its central location. It is within easy walking distance from the Louvre and Jardins de Tuileries, Ile-de-la Cité (where you will find la Cathédral de Notre-Dame de Paris, a must see sight), the River Seine and the Left Bank beyond. To reach la Tour Eiffel a ride on Paris's efficient Metro system would be recommended.

There is no need to pre-book a boat ride on the River Seine. Show up to one of the docks where the boats depart from, buy your ticket, and enjoy the ride.

Find your way to Montmartre for the Basilica de la Sacré-Coure and the view of Paris at your feet. You could climb the basilica's tower for a grander view.

Like any major city the best way to see it is on foot. Walk around; enjoy the feel and look of the City of Light. Have lunch at a sidewalk café. Walk through two of the city's most splendid parks: Jardins de Tuileries and Jardin du Luxembourg.

The Eiffel Tower will always have people wanting to visit; there is not best time to avoid the crowds. I understand that some work is being done to the Tower. Check its web site (http://www.tour-eiffel.fr/teiffel/uk/) for details.

Ile-de-la Cité is where Paris began. The cathedral of Notre-Dame is located here, on the spot where a place of worship of some-sort-or-aother has stood since ancient times. See Sainte-Chapelle, on Ile-de-la Cité too. The stained glass windows here are breathtaking; they are so tall and colorful. Stroll around the other, smaller island in the River Seine, Ile St-Louis. This largely residential area is peaceful and charming; most of its buildings date from when the island was developed in the 1600s.

You would like to see the most famous, and some would say the most magical, portrait in the world, the Mona Lisa at the Louvre. I always recommend that visitors to Paris buy the Paris Museum Card. It will gain you access to the Louvre at a special entrance, thus avoiding the long line to enter through the pyramid.

by khatibs

Thanx a million for all your wonderful suggestions!! Cant wait to get to Paris and explore it:))

Just wanted to know if the view from the Eiffel Tower would be better at night or during the day?? How much time are we allowed to spend up there?? Is it preferable to go at dusk so we can enjoy the daytime as well as night view??

by hb_capri

Hey Nazima,

Reg the best time to visit the tower.We went by around 4 PM and then waited till sun set and it was beautiful. That way you can see the city in day time as well as when it lights up.We went to the 3rd level..it was wonderful and totally worth it. Btw we went during wintery Feb when the sun set early. So check your timing if you want to see both views of the city.

Also the tower sparkles at the hour every hour after its lit. don't miss that as well.

Happy Travels

Harsha

Travel Tips for Paris

Don't go to the Louvre

by hellomiss

Go to the Musee Rodin!

Save yourself the effort, however, and don't go to the Louvre. It is too vast to see in one day...if you have three days, like I did, you would get more out of exploring the city. I felt like I was in a French film one night at a cafe, when two drunk old men got up and started slow dancing. One was leaning on the other's shoulder, weeping.

Vacances chez Mickey

by djou_box

Here is a great place to go if you want to have fun with your friends or your family...
I've never been to other Disney parks (although I wanted to go to Tokyo's), but for sure you spend a great day, riding again and again the rollercoasters !
even under the rain it's a nice moment !!! I also went there this summer it was quite crowded but it was OK. I didn't find I waited so long... I met Eeyore ! I couldn't bring it home to fill my collection... but I got this pic !
I was also very happy to see Alice but I don't think she is so nice as she seems...
Goofy (Dingo) is definitly a great great duy ! I love him too !

See Notre Dame de Paris, the...

by lukec

See Notre Dame de Paris, the famous Parisian basilica. The church stands on an island Ile de la Cite in the center of the city. When you're there, you can climb up to the northern tower (there's an entrance fee for this). We felt a bit like the hunchback of Notre-Dame but we had great views of river Seine and Paris from above. Ile de la Cite island has other interesting sights not to be missed: Sainte Chapelle (the royal chapel with unique and original stained glass windows depicting the story of the Bible), Conciergerie (the last remaining building of the first royal palace) and pont Neuf (the oldest bridge in Paris).

McDonald's on the Champs...

by shdw100

McDonald's on the Champs Elysee (I hope I spelled that right!) Went in, ordered a big mac, large fry and Coke (the only thing that they understood since I didn't speak French) and sat down to eat. No more than 5 minutes into my meal, and a complete stranger comes and sits right across from me in a table for two. It is alarming to have personal space invaded, so I picked up my fries and Coke and left. For an American, that is a violation of personal space, but for a Parisian, it is quite normal

Moleskin for those Pesky Feet Blisters

by BeatChick

To protect your feet from blisters, you'll want to use some Moleskin. This adhesive cotton padding is soft & puffy yet thin. You cut it out with a hole in the middle where your blister is. You don't cover the blister. This creates a raised area around the blister protecting it from pain while walking. You'll find this is definitely a lifesaver when walking many miles in Paris as you are certain to do. Some types of moleskin come precut but I prefer the roll so that I can cut out the sizes I need. I've used Dr. Scholls but there are sure to be other brands.

Comments