63 rue Saint-Lazare, 9th Arr., Paris, 75009, France

Expedia.com Booking.com Hotels.com

• roamer61's Profile Photo

Nice and Affordable

This small historic hotel is an affordable 2-3 star property that has a very nice ambience. The rooms are nicely situated and very comfortable. Breakfast is not included but can be had for a small charge (9 euros at the time of my visit). This is typical buffet, with cereal, meats, fruits, croissants, etc.

Unique Quality: An old fashioned gated elevator is in the lobby. You have to open the doors to get in.

More about Hotel Langlois

A Great Hotel

My husband and I have just returned from our first trip to Paris. We booked this hotel after reading some of the excellent reviews on Trip Advisor. We were not disappointed the hotel was everything we had hoped for and more. The room was nicely furnished clean and spacious and could not be faulted. Breakfast was great and the staff were very pleasant and helpful. The hotel is in a great location 2 minutes from Trinite Metro station and 5 minutes walk from Gallary Lafayette. We would recommend using the open top tour bus it was excellent value at 22 euro per person for 2 days and you could hop on and off as you pleased. We would definately go back to Hotel Langlois and would highly recommend it.

Nice Hotel

Hotel Lanlois is a comfortable, reasonably priced hotel in a good location near metro stop Trinitee. The rooms are clean, and ours (#31) was large and quiet. The rooms facing the street are probably noisier. The breakfast was good, but one can probably do a little better on your own. There is a patissere between the hotel and the metro. We would recommed this hotel and will stay there again.

Getting Big Heads

by TripAdvisor Member writeink

They have the trip advisor reviews and rating taped to their front doors. When I stayed there, I did not feel welcome. I am a solo traveler and I mostly keep to myself. The lady was so unapproachable. Reception rarely smiles and only speaks when absolutely necessary. You get the feeling that they are inconvenienced by having to run the hotel. I stayed there for 6 nights and in the Latin District for 3 nights. The hotel in the Latin District wasn't as clean but I would go back to that hotel just because the friendly staff and the character of the area.

The best thing about this hotel is the price, the size of the rooms (big for Paris) and the furnishings which are charming. The staff needs to retire or hire some fresh faces who like what they do. The night staff was very good but it was probably because they were scared of the daytime reception.

Great value hotel

We stayed at the Hotel Langlois for a few nights in September on the recommendations in this forum. I was really pleased with our choice. Our room was €99 per night and was huge, with a massive bathroom. The hotel is so charming, and I loved the old-fashioned parisian style but if you prefer more modern surroundings it might not be to your taste. However, the rooms have modern electronic key-card locks, tv, mini-bar, hairdryer, phone etc so it has all the comforts you would expect. The rooms were quiet apart from the creaky floorboards which could be annoying, especially if you had kids running around on them.

The breakfast is good value (€8.20) if you are happy with the continental style of tea, coffee, cornflakes, juice, croissants etc. There is no extra charge for having it brought to your room which is great & there is plenty of bread & croissants in one breakfast. One of the local cafes had a breakfast of tea/coffee, orange juice & croissant for €9.50 so the hotel prices seem reasonable in comparison.

The location is v. handy for the metro (~1 min walk) and for the shops :) Gallerie Lafeyette & Printemps are 5/10 mins away. We found the staff to be very polite & helpful with booking restaurants etc, and I would definitely go back to stay at this hotel.

Rude staff

by TripAdvisor Member Bigmac40

Good size rooms in a nice part of paris. The staff could not have been more unfriendly. If you were to ask them a question you would get a nasty look and short answer. Do your homework and call ahead and talk to the staff in advance!!!

Excellent value!

by TripAdvisor Member bopeltzman

If you want to be in the middle of the action, you may want to stay elsewhere (and pay a lot more); this hotel is a few blocks north-east of the l'Opera. I thought it was great; you get a real neighborhood feel and it was 1/2 block from the line 12 Metro. If you are going to be there for a week (like we were) take a small picture with you and get a Carte O'range at the station and you can ride anywhere in the city for about 20 Euros/week/person. We also had a large room with a very large bathroom. We skipped the breakfast and I went around the corner to the market for orange juice, yogurt (they must have 40+ different kinds) and apples and bananas for lunch snack, then to the patisserie (3 within a block) for fresh croisonts and a variety of quiches (which they will warm for you) and we ate in our room, overlooking the Paris roof tops, for $3 Euros./each. The small frig. will hold Coke, OJ, bottled water, wine, etc. The TV gets BBC and CNN. I agree that the owner is not overly friendly. She will only speak English if she has to but we only saw her one time (check in). The rest of the staff was friendly; we even stored a suitcase with them at no charge while we tooled off to the South of France for a week. There is no A/C (they give you a large floor fan); we were there in September with cool temperatures so we didn't need either. Would stay there again in a minute!

Great value

Hard to imagine better value for the money. The room was clean, the location great, the staff courteous (although sometimes a bit flustered). If you want great value, stay here. If you want a hotel where the staff grovel at your feet and lick your boots, then stay somewhere else and pay much more. A note for critics of the staff ...a few thoughtful words in French will pay substantial dividends in terms of service.

A pure Gem

by TripAdvisor Member Kidney20A

Great hotel and wonderful staff. Add to this a perfect location and low price (89-90 E) and you have a place I will come to again and again. Book early only has about 30 room, try to get a room that ends in the same number i.e. 11,22,33 ect super large room about 500 SQ. for the bed room and 200 Sq. for the bathroom, Plus geart breakfast and most of all get out and explore the wonderful area. A short walk to the best shops and sights. THIS PLACE IS A WINNER.

Great Breakfast, Convenient Location

I stayed here with my husband for our honeymoon in September, 2004. The hotel is in an excellent location. The area feels safe and it's close to a subway station. We would wake up to amazing aroma of fresh baked goods each morning. Our room was generously big and it was facing a side street so it was very quiet. The breakfast at the hotel cost about 8 euros but my husband and I agree that it was one of the best we had in Paris. Fresh baked croissants, cheese, olives, cereals and all you can drink good coffee. The only thing to note is that their elevator and restrooms are very small. We would stay here again.

Comments