3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

Costs 63% more than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

More about Hotel Le Clos Medicis

by V-ke

Hi everyone!

i will be travelling in august to Paris. We booked a room in the hotel Le Clos Medicis, near to Jardin de Luxembourg. Has anyone experiences with this hotel. Can you recommend me good restaurants in the neighbourhood? Thanks!

Re: Hotel Le Clos Medicis

Hi,
Le Clos Medicis is a very popular and well-regarded hotel. It's central as it's in the 6th district. I've not had the chance to stay there but I've read others' comments about this hotel.
In fact, if you wish to view comments you can go to fodors.com, Talk forum, and go to its "text search" box typing in "Clos Medicis". You'll get alot of reviews from others.

Have a nice trip.

Re: Re: Hotel Le Clos Medicis

by CALSF

No, I do not work for Fodors. Is there a reason why you think I work for Fodors?

Re: Re: Hotel Le Clos Medicis

by CALSF

Well, yes, I wish I could work in some sort of area in the travel industry. Unfortunately, I do not.

In fact, fodors.com is another travel website just like virtualtourist.com. And it's got a very nice talk forum.

So if you have the chance, do check in at Fodors.

Hotel Clos Medicis

by libbie79

Hi, my husband and I are planning a week in Paris Nov. 20-27 and we made reservations at Hotel Clos Medicis in St Germain. I was just wondering if anyone here has stayed there before or have opinions on this hotel. It seems very nice from the website and some web comments I have read, but I'd appreciate the opinions of those on this forum. Thanks!

Libbie

by CALSF

Hi, check tripadvisor.com for some recent comments: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g187147-d233737-Reviews-Hotel_Le_Clos_Medicis-Paris_Ile_de_France.cink_html

I have not stayed at the Clos Medicis but I know that the location is closer to the Luxembourg Gardens and not right in the heart of St. Germain. The locale says it's in the 6th district but it's closer to the park than to the Seine. Anyway, it's not too far to walk.

You must expect the rooms to by small as typical of Parisian hotel rooms.

Have a great trip!

by Flamaranian

I stayed at the Clos Medicis about 7 or 8 years ago. I enjoyed the hotel very much. It is in a very convenient location on the Left Bank; Metro/RER connections were extremely good and it was in very close walking distance to lots of tourist sites, good shops, etc. The neighbourhood is interesting and safe. The room was very well furnished, though it was on the small size (especially if you are used to large, US-style hotel rooms!). However, the rooms are now smaller than what you would expect at a Paris hotel in this price range. The bathroom was extremely compact, but very efficient with marble walls, modern fixtures, etc. The breakfast was even better than expected! Based on my (somewhat dated) experience, you have made a good choice.

by libbie79

Thanks for your comments, I appreciate it.

Libbie