3 rue Pierre Chausson, 10th Arr., Paris, Ile-de-France, 75010, France

Satisfaction Average

Similarly priced and rated as other 2 star hotels

• hudin's Profile Photo

Quite All Right

Nicely located and very quiet, it was a great way to see Paris for the first time. The smoking area of the hotel is pretty nuts and overpowering, but otherwise, the room I stayed in was smoke-free and clean.
    Breakfast is simple, but good and tasty. The staff are nice, even if you only speak English as my ridiculous American self can only do.
    I would stay there again without hesitation, but would also like to try something in the Latin Quarter if I could.
    I'm not 100% on the price anymore as I think I got a deal when I booked it from London and this was three years ago afterall.

More about Hotel Little

La Couronne. Very nice little...

by lengyelp

La Couronne. Very nice little hotel in Strasbourg, and very old (as far as I remember it has been a hotel since the 14th or 15th century). I've heard recently that it has been closed. If it is true I am very sorry for it.

VERY ROMANTIC

by arkadia about LA COURONNE

Wonderful romantic little hotel in the middle of a mediaval town in the heart of the ALSACE.

Our room was just under the roof, with view over other roofs´, forest and a piece of night sky. It has a private parking place, which is very nice in this town with no cars.

cheap, but good

by meneqvist about Hotel Alizea

Its a nice little hotel in the very center of Avignon. 4 minutes from the station and 5 minutes from the central square, just opposit the tourist office. Its clean and cosy, not a luxury hotel but a typical 2 stars hotel. Very friendly staff!!

A Neat Little Place only a Stroll from Town Centre

by Kakapo2 about Aurea Hôtel, Saintes (100 km north of Bordeaux)

This is a neat little hotel, just a short stroll from the historic and busy town centre. I do not remember a real lot about this stay but the hotel was tidy and cosy, had a terrace, and a bar was next door. The hosts were friendly and made us feel at home. I would definitely stay there again.

The rate for a double/twin room (as 2007) is 58 EUR.

Saintes is a good strategic location on the Atlantic coast, on the way from Bordeaux which is about 100 km south to Nantes.

Close to Beach and Centre but very Quiet

by Kakapo2 about Hôtel Orange Marine, Archachon (Gironde)

Although this nice little hotel is close to the beach, harbour and the busy restaurants and bars on the promenade, it is rather a quiet place. It is located in a quiet street, just a very short stroll - really just around the corner - from the busy tourist centre.

Six of the 21 rooms (first floor) have views over the Arcachon basin.

The rooms are rather basic but very neat and clean and have full bathrooms and TV.

The main colours are - as the name says - calming blue and warming orange. You can have a drink in the tree-shaded patio area and a meal at the hotel restaurant. They also offer room/meal packages.

Big minus: The website which does not give you neither the room rates nor the email, and although they are a member of the Federal Hotel association you cannot book this hotel online.

I cannot remember the rate but it should be about 60 EUR.

Haha - now I have found a website with the range of rates (45 to 75 EUR) and their email. Check here:

Accor hotels - Ibis in particular

by NordicTraveller

When travelling in Europe I am always looking for the best deals on accommodation. A few years back, around 1999, my wife and I toured Northern Europe. Upon a late arrival in Düsseldorf, Germany, in an absolute downpour, we stumbled on a recently opened Ibis hotel. It was a two-star hotel and we probably would never have considered it, had it not been for the weather. This was a very nice, clean little hotel, with no unnecessary extra frills and stuff you never use in a hotel. It was dry and we slept like babies. We where headed for France and in the lobby we took by chance a brochure of all the Ibis hotels in Europe. We had decided to camp, taken our tent with us and sleeping bags, with the accompanying amount trouble of hauling that around. We loaded up our rental car, filled the trunk with our camping gear and set of. Next stop was a camping site outside of Amsterdam. After three days of exploring Amsterdam in typical sweaty, midsummer conditions, we packed our car once more and headed for Paris. Due to our detours we where again running late and so we flipped the Ibis catalogue and found the nearest hotel. Given the price and the comfort I can tell you that our camping gear remained in the trunk for the remainder of our two week trip. Ever since, we always make use of Ibis or other Accor hotels, no frills, but just what you need.

A 2* surprise

by klubkidd80 about Hotel D'espagne

This is a 2 star property according to the online booking agent we confirmed with and it was the cutest and cleanest little hotel which was right by a metro stop and off of a very bustling street. The room was spacious by European standards and very modern. The washroom was the right size for two people but I wouldn't say it would work for more than that.

Fine hotel in nice location

by trvlrtom about Hotel Champ de Mars

Nice little hotel in a pleasant neighborhood very close to the Eiffel Tower. Champ de Mars is a quiet street, and the hotel is just steps away from Rue Cler, which has shops, restaurants, bakeries, etc., worthy of a short stroll.
Our room was on the ground floor. While rather small, it was on a small, private courtyard and very quiet. The room was clean and tasteful.
Overall, a good hotel at a good price, especially if you want to stay in this area.

The two hotels, I have stayed...

by Luis_Alberto

The two hotels, I have stayed in Paris, were good and comfortable. On my first visit, in June of 1985, me and friend stayed at the hotel 'Les Trois Couronnes', the second time in April of 1992, I stayed by myself on a single room at the 'Hotel Molay'.
We paid, at that time, less than $60.00 a night for a room with two twin beds, at 'Les Trois Couronnes' hotel, (mind you, this was fifteen years ago!) it may cost around just over $100.00 for two people today, which still isn't bad. Hotel Molay, I paid around $82.00 a night for myself. It is a great little hotel, and I think a very good price for Paris. This a picture of my room at Hotel Molay, with a nice window, to look at the outside, it was on the 4th floor, and it did have an elevator. Both of these hotels were three stars hotels, with cable color TV, private bathroom, (no swimming pool or restaurant). Very nice, clean and comfortable.

Travel Advise

by Beachtrails

I have 10 days to travel and I would like to start in Munich, travel through Austia and try to get to Florence, Italy then back to Munich to fly home. Can I do it?

Bob

RE: Travel Advise

by nomad7890

Should not be a problem as long as it's planned carefully - we've traveled a similar route a couple of times. Munich to Salzburg is pretty close. Salzburg to Milan is also a nice trip ... from Milan to Florence. If you're not able to see the distances and times in the Raileurope page, try the italian trains at http://www.trenitalia.it/.

By the way, there's a little hotel in Munich (Hotel Maritim) - right next to the central station which offers a terrific breakfast and makes it very convenient to get to walk to an early train. Not a fancy hotel, but very clean and convenient, and I believe they have a good workout place.

Nomad

RE: RE: Travel Advise

by Sjalen

A couple of days in Munich, then the train down towards Italy goes via Innsbruck where you can stop and explore the town and surrounding ski resorts before carrying on towards Italy. After a few days in Florence, you can go back the same way but stop in Verona instead of Innsbruck. You can also take a night train one of the ways to save time (but make sure to see the Alps in daylight one way of course).

RE: Travel Advise

by cgf

the train from Wien to Rome stops at Salzburg. (Stops at Venice, Bologna and Florence, too). From Florence there are direct train to Germany. you can do Austria first then Italy or viceversa.

Comments