5 rue des Capucines, 01 Arr., Paris, Ile-de-France, 75001, France
Agoda.com Orbitz.com Booking.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about Paris

A whipped cream masterpeiceA whipped cream masterpeice

Cafe in the 18th (Montemarte)Cafe in the 18th (Montemarte)

Painted ceramic tile on a wall.Painted ceramic tile on a wall.

Workshop at no. 12.Workshop at no. 12.

Where to buy Museum Pass at Terminal 3

by mdmackinnon

We are arriving at CDG Terminal 3 next Friday Morning- Is there a location to buy a Museum pass there or do we have to go to Terminal 1 or 2?

Does the RER leave from terminal 3 or do we have to go to another terminal anyway?

Thanks

by voyageur_mondial

CDG has a RER station for Terminals 1 and 3, and another one for Terminal 2. You can always hop on a shuttle train between the Terminal if you're unsure. Unfortunately the Museum Pass is only sold at Terminal 1 and 2 so I'd suggest you head down to Terminal 2 for your pass and then take the RER after that. You'll be able to buy the pass the the "Tourist Information Area" in the arrival hall. Not sure when you're flying in but they open at the earliest at 7am.

Hope this helps!

Cheers!

Voyager Mondial

by Beausoleil

You can also buy the museum pass at the first museum you visit. Just be sure that isn't the Louvre or d'Orsay because of the lines there.

by mdmackinnon

Wonderful- exactly what I wanted to know- I have a list of the locations at terminal 2 but thought I might have missed something. Thanks!

by GrumpyDiver

We bought our museum pass (and the ticket to the RER) at the tourist information counter at Terminal 3, if that helps. Connection to the RER from there is no problem.

by mdmackinnon

Question to Grumpy Diver- you answer that you bought the passes at a info booth in Terminal 3 whereas the other poster says there is no booth at terminal 3 only 2 and 1. Can you clarify whether you meant Terminal 1 or 2... thanks... 2 days and counting ...

by GrumpyDiver

My mistake - we landed at terminal 2F. (Air France flight from Canada). I should have been more careful in my response (I've been to too many airports and they all start to blend together in my head after a while).

Travel Tips for Paris

Entrance to the Louvre

by JohnniOmani

The Louvre Musuem is probably the busiest museum I have ever seen and during the summer it can be a nightmare due to crowds and lineups. The best way and (tip from local friend) is to go under the glass pyramid and enter the Louvre from that area. It will save you loads of time and you wont be stuck outside in 35 degree heat. You will have to wait once you get inside the Pyramid but you will at least skip the outside lineups and be in AC controlled rooms. Simple tip but both times I was in Paris it worked to perfection.

Paris Las Vegas casino, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA

by XenoHumph

You can be shocked by it, or merely amused... but there is a small scale reproduction of the Eiffel Tower, the Opéra Garnier, a piece of Le Louvre, and a typical parisian building (+20 stories more than normal...) in Las Vegas, Nevada. Inside, it is a big casino. Don't worry, this provocative desacration of our most famous parisian monuments is not a personal insult to the french...there is also a New-York themed casino (New-York-New York, it's called), an egyptian one (with glittering Giza pyramids), an Italian one (Bellagio), aso.. It is just part of the Las Vegas experience, a mega quitsh fix!!
So, just relax and enjoy, go loose some money by gambling, eat in the many excellent restaurants, enjoy the entertainment!!

Go to my travelogue for more pictures! http:/www.parislasvegas.com

Don't miss the details! [Louvre]

by shrimp56

We tend to focus on the Pei pyramid and the contents of the Louvre, but don't miss the details of the building itself!
It was built between 1546 and 1878 and spent its first 200 years as a royal palace. It was turned into a museum in 1793 after the French Revolution. You can see the various periods in its architecture.

Little things mean alot

by newsphotogirl

Make the effort to learn some french. It's not hard to learn the basics. Please and thank you's go a long way. The only time anyone was deliberatly rude was in a department store where I was looking for a hairdryer because mine wasn't working. I asked the saleswoman if she spoke English (because I didn't know how to say hairdryer), she made a face and said "non" and started to walk away. I finally managed to get what I needed because I knew how to say "it is windy and hot outside" and pointed to my head. She then smiled and said "oui" and pointed me to the hair dryers. Whew!

Summer

by emilybcn

Even in the summer you must bring a light jacket and even rain gear for a trip to Paris. I was there at the end of July and two days it rained while two days it was fairly hot. Be prepared for these changes in weather.

Comments