13, rue du Sommerard, 05 Arr., Paris, 75005, France

Booking.com Hotels.com Expedia.com

• SantaFePrussian's Profile Photo

Great Location, Great People

Free laundry, open kitchen, breakfast included, lending library (includes travel guides). Some of the room had private bath's others were common.

Unique Quality: Lending Library. Five minutes from Notre Dame, in Latin Quarter.

Directions: From Notre Dame, go up the hill on rue Saint-Jacques, it is first street on your left.

• leahmichele's Profile Photo

Au coeur du Quartier Latin

Nice quaint hotel in the Latin Quarter. Close to lots of stuff. I would reccomend this hotel and will probably stay there my next time in Paris. Breakfast included. Some rooms share a shower on the floor, but just with a few other rooms. Rooms with own shower are available.

Unique Quality: Great location! Reasonable prices.

Directions: Latin District

• Voyageuse30's Profile Photo

Inexpensive hotel in Latin Quarter

This is a very simple, inexpensive hotel in the heart of the Latin Quarter of Paris. The rooms are nothing fancy but if you're looking just for a cheap place to crash for the night, you probably won't find a better value. It's on a quiet street, so there is not any street noise, but since it is an old building, you can hear your neighbors, and the sounds of people walking up and down the stairs can keep you awake at night. The owners are friendly and accomodating. I would only recommend- bring shower shoes and a pillow... other than that, it was great.

Unique Quality: It is in a great location in Paris... 2 minute walk to Musee de Cluny and just a 10 minute walk to the Louvre and Notre Dame.

Directions: in the Latin Quarter

• jeaniek13's Profile Photo

I stayed in a very modest...

I stayed in a very modest hotel in the Quartier Latin. MARIGNAN is the name. There are many other small hotels, I remember scouring the web and I came across several websites with links. You can also take a look at Rick Steves' Europe Guidebooks. I'm not plugging him, but his books are slender and chock full of information.
    I was in Paris during early March 2000. It is important to book far ahead for most hotels/motels in Paris, peak season or not. As there are many conventions and shows year-round in Paris, many of the more popular places have been booked months in advance. I'm just telling you what I found out, the hard way. At the time, it was $80 USD/night for a double room (2 separate beds, one of which was larger) with a wash basin/toilet, shower outside of room (however, this was not a problem as I never had to wait for anyone).

Unique Quality: MARIGNAN like many other small hotels offers a minimal breakfast (bread, butter, jam, juice, coffee). In addition, the owners have detailed information on many of the sights worth seeing and activities worth pursuing while in Paris. For me, all I really needed was a clean and centrally located place to sleep, and Marignan fit the bill.

When I was there -- I think the husband provided better service than the wife... but maybe that was me. It seems that now they have a website (something that was not available when I visited) -- so now you can reserve online, etc.

Directions: MARIGNAN - 13 rue du Sommerard, 75005. tel. 33.01.43.54.66.66, fax 33.01.43.29.68.07. Metro: Maubert-Mutualite. In general, I'd recommend staying in the city center--(Quartier Latin, Saint Germain des Pres)

More about Hotel Marignan

Like at home

by TripAdvisor Member Niksic

Hotel MARIGNAN Paris
August 04. 2006.
Nik from Sarajevo, BiH
I visited Paris in late july. My friends recomended me to stay in Hotel Marignan. The hotel is located just in hart of Latin Quarter . You can walk from there to most of Paris monuments. The hotel was a little discovery for me. Friendly atmosphere - almost familly. Excellent hygiene. You can use kitchen and loundry for free. All in all superb. I stayed two days longer then I planed. Overall, I recomend it.

Loved the Marignan

by TripAdvisor Member alessandraaa

Last year, my uncle stayed at the Marignan with his wife and 3cousins and was very pleased to find a big room wich suits a family of five, very clean and inexpensive (110euros). I stayed there with my father in a twin room looking over the amazing rue du Sommerard, so quiet for being in the center of Paris. The receptionnist right away proposed to carry the luggage of my father, we stayed on the second floor. I apreciated the water pressure of the shower, the use of the kitchen after buying food at the farmer's market on the main street (Bd St Germain), two minutes walking from the hotel. It was my fourth time in Paris and it is my favorite hotel, it's homey and cosy I love it !

Alessandra di Venezia.

Affordable family hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Professoraggie

We have just returned from our trip to France (Aug 06) and our stay at the Marignan capped off a wonderful holiday. We are a family of 5 with 3 teenage sons and we shared a family room. We chose the hotel because of the price with breakfast included as well as the location. We weren't expecting much. What a gem!
Clean room, plent y of towels, big bathroom, lots of hot water and on a quiet street so you can actually hear the birds sing.
The location is superb, easy to get to and from the airport with a very short walk from the Metro stop (the directions on the website were excellent). The neigborhood is safe with many inexpensive resaurants. You can keep extra food and drink in the communal refrigerator and do your own cooking. And an unheard of luxury-the washer and dryer are free-including soap powder. The other guests are friendly and interesting, students, families, grandparents. The staff is helpful-ask about the free boatride if you are staying more than 3 nites.

Great hotel, especially for a family of 5

by TripAdvisor Member DMWT

My husband and I took our 3 kids (ages 8,6,5) to Europe and we loved this hotel. When planning our trip to Paris we found it very difficult to find a hotel that allowed 5 people in the room. This was very affordable and was in a perfect location for us. The hotel included many features that others do not (ie. breakfast, laundry, use of kitchen) and was in a great location. The room was small, but had it's own bathroom. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I didn't even have to introduce myself, they knew exactly who I was when I walked in ( I guess they weren't expecting too many American families that weekend). We didn't have any of the problems listed on other reviews. Everyone was friendly, the hotel and our room was clean and we weren't bothered by noise or foul smells. This is not a luxury resort. If you're on a budget or have a large family and you're looking for a nice place to stay in a great location, this is a great choice. If I go back to Paris with my kids I would definitely go back to this hotel..

fantastic!

by TripAdvisor Member bakpak

where to start? from the second we stepped into the hotel, everything was just perfect! i have to say for the price, location and the great staff this place is unbeatable!
whatever question we had there were able to help, or would get back to us, the rooms were tidied daily and all amenities were very clean. Having the use if the kitchen was a bonus, although there are so many cheap, great resaturants we hardly used it! also included is the use of the laundry which was appreciated on our tight budget. only one negative thing i can say was the inconsiderate family above us that stomped around all hours.... maybe pack ear plugs!
our holiday was fantastic!

Good location

by TripAdvisor Member Roamingabi

I choose this hotel because we wanted to stay in the Latin Quarter and it was listed in the lonely planet guide. Four of us stayed in a Quad room which was pretty good value by Paris standards at 130 euro per night for the room including breakfast. The hotel is a bit like an up-market hostel in that there is a kitchen and washing facilities.

Comments