Hotel Mistral Paris

Looking down......Looking down......

Great Paris apartment

by jnowosadko

Dear everyone,

My husband and I are hoping to visit Paris in March and are looking for a wonderful but inexpensive apartment that is within walking distance to major sites (i.e. Louvre). It would be ideal to have an apartment within 1 mile of the Louvre. Does anyone have any suggestions? Is it possible to get an apartment for about $100/day? I've looked at many sites but would like your opinions. Thanks!

by kbot

My husband and I stayed here for one week and loved it. It is very affordable and great walking distance to many sites, blocks away from Notre Dame. I have had friends stay here as well.

by Roadquill

Hi Jane, we used welcome2france.com and rented an apartment place Place Vendome by Opera, in a very safe area. Our unit was above a Tiffany's. It probably was slightly more than $100 per day. As a US person, when renting an apartment I try and make sure there is some US presence. In addition, you want to make inquiries to make sure there is not construction work being done in the apartment next to you or on the street below. Once you have signed up you are kind of stuck. Karl

by leanneedwards

We stayed at 74 louvre (Rue du Mail) behind the Palais Royal they are on vakasys.com the rate is 435 Euros for a week a cute studio with everything- must admit we cleaned the Bathroom when we got there but it was worth it!!
Also Parissweethome is a favourite agency that I use as well have booked through them several times with no hidden charges and never any negative experiences.

by Odinnthor

There are many choices in Paris, for great apartments. I can however only really comment on these two vendors, both of who have excellent properties, although they may be somewhat out of your proposed range. Thought I would include them anyway. Good luck!

by qzaman

Hi Jane

Try http://www.bienvenueaparis.fr/en_presentation.php

They have nice apartments in very lovely locations and the rent is reasonable too. The onwer Anne MAHIEU speaks and writes only French. She has a daughter that can communicate very well in English.

Have a wonderful time in Paris

by mendip6

Some friends have two apartments that are near many of the tourist sites 80 Euros per night.http://www.breaks-in-paris.com/location.htm

by franceonisland

Try http://www.an-apartment-in-paris.com/
I rented from Jean Marie, who speaks English and was very very helpful, stayed in a walk-up in the Marais.
He does have some elevator bldgs - one near the Louvre. Check his site for open apts in your time frame.
Good luck,
Francine

by meheu

We went to a noce and confortable studio located in rue Sainte Anne from steps to the Louvre Museum and the Opera Garnier. We booked in this website: http://www.1weekflat.com/ and we didn't had any problem.
I can recommand it to you because we had a great stay

by meheu

We went to a nice and confortable studio located in rue Sainte Anne from steps to the Louvre Museum and the Opera Garnier. We booked in this website: http://www.1weekflat.com/ and we didn't had any problem.
I can recommand it to you because we had a great stay

Travel Tips for Paris

Districts of 20 arrondissements

by stonefree

Forming like a husk of escargot.
Even if you stay in Paris for only a few days you must conquer at least from 1er(1st) to 10e(10th).
They have the principal tourist spots among there, like The Eiffel Tower, The Louvre Museum, The Arch of Triumph, etc...

Lilacs in Montmartre

by BeatChick

When in Paris I strongly suggest buying a bunch of lilacs or whatever flowers you like from a street flower vendor. It's very inexpensive & it just seems so Parisian! I was going back to the hotel after my all-day jaunt in Montmartre and was passing into Métro Lamarck-Caulaincourt (the same station in Amélie where she dropped off the blind man). It was the end of the day & he was hawking his lilac bunches. He looked tired, I took pity & bought a bunch. I'm so glad I did because when I returned to the hotel, borrowed a vase & placed them on the table that wonderful lilac scent filled the room & brought me so much joy. It just seemed so French!

Photo: November 2007

Dont judge a book by its cover ...

by bakpakchik

The crowds of people outside the Sacre Cour belied the peace and tranquility inside. My first service ever. I was so enchanted taht i forgot to take any pictures. My camera stayed put, and my heart soared with the singing of the choir.

The French have a very bizare...

by hprior

The French have a very bizare attitude about traveler's checks. Once I went with American Express, and I couldn't cash them in a bank unless I had two credit cards (I had one). The second time I took Thomas Cook traveler's checks in French Francs. The shop at the D'Orsay said they would take the check but could not give me change. Hello!!
So, now I take Francs in cash and my magic money card.
Life is a lot easier. Just dance up to those cash machines and get your francs. Or CHARGE IT!!!

Paris's hidden treasures, you may admire free!

by csordila

Let us discover some secrets of Paris, which can be attained for everybody and moreover free of charge. Where may we find upon these tresures? In the shopping arcades, in galleries, in the heart of the religious buildings, or in the underground stations.

Kilometre Zero of French national highways, situated in Paris on the square facing the main entrance of Notre Dame cathedral, and considered not only the official centre of the city of Paris, but the reference point for distances along the highways starting in Paris, as well.

Galeries More shopping arcades got in between the historical ancient monuments. These covered pedestrian precincts were being built in the 19. century in order to protect the rich shoppers from the bad weather. The galerie Vivienne is the most luxurious, what concerns its architecture and its decoration: gilded ceiling, pillars and sculptures decorate it.

The French capital abounds in religious sites on an incredible manner. It is enough, to visit only some diverse religious ancient monuments and we would make already a world cultural travel even!
From the Basilica Sacré Coeur located in Montmartre which rises above the city, you may admire the landscape to a distance of 50 kms. Do not forget also the Saint-Rita chapel, which can be found on the ground floor of an oriental building opposite the Moulin Rouge. The famous painter, Toulouse-Lautrec lived here.

To improve your mind on the public transport vehicles? You may do even this in Paris! And does not cost more, than 2 €, that is the price of a metro ticket. On the metro line 1, the métro station Bastille can be found just under the square which is decorated a huge ceramic fresco. The Odile Jacquot et Le Boulanger created by Liliane Bélembert illustrates the Parisian events of the Revolution. On the line 11, at the station Arts-et-Métiers you may sink in the world of Captain Nemo of Jules Verne.

Comments