Hotel Muget

Hotel Muguet
Hotels.com Booking.com Agoda.com

• fossettes's Profile Photo

Nice Hotel in the 7th

Many people are looking for hotels in the 7th near rue Cler and the Eiffel Tower. I would recommend Hotel Muguet. http://www.hotelparismuguet.com It is on a very quiet street just a 3 minute walk from rue Cler and the Champs de Mars. The rooms are tastefully decorated, the breakfast is sufficient and the staff is friendly. That said, I have to mention that I think that rue Cler is way overrated... we always called it rue Cher (meaning expensive!) but I do like staying in the 7th when we return to Paris because it's central and comfortable. If you want a great market street, you really should visit rue Mouffetard in the 5th (Metro Monge) It's a classic...

Unique Quality: Comfortable beds, clean clean clean, great bathroom, quiet location, central.

• rexvaughan's Profile Photo

Lovely and convenient

This hotel is exactly the kind we like. It is small but beautifully decorated, well located, has a friendly and helpful staff and serves a very nice breakfast. Also, the price is what I consider reasonable at 130 Euros per night for 2 people and 12 Euros for breakfast. Between our bedroom and the bathroom there was a small room with a desk and a table with two chairs which I think they call "superior." I am pretty sure some rooms are less expensive, but room rates will also vary depending on season, length of stay, etc.

Its location is great as well - virtually across the street from the charming rue Cler, 5 minutes from the Ecole Militaire metro stop, and easy walking distance from the Eiffel Tower, Muse Rodin, Des Invalides and easy metro connections.

I realize this is a family owned and operated hotel when, upon being told that we had stayed here before, the young woman at reception commented that, "Well, you might have met my mother or my grandmother." I don't know which of the staff were family, but all were courteous and helpful. One thing we liked is that, when we decided on a light dinner of cheese, fruit and crackers as we sometimes do in Paris, we were told that we were welcome to use the breakfast room and they provided plates, glasses and napkins for us.

Unique Quality: While the exterior of the hotel is not extraordinary, the interior is lovely throughout and the breakfast room in particular is very nice. The ceiling and one wall is glass and overlooks a small but very attractive garden. The decor is in keeping with the bright and cheery atmosphere. The breakfast is nice French breads, fruit, cereal, yogurt and eggs. If you want an omelette, they will prepare one for you. I don’t know why anyone would skip this delightful room, but you can also have breakfast served in your room. We will definitely go back here.

There are facilities for ironing, hairdryer in the room, internet access in the reception area and the rooms and bathrooms spotlessly clean.

Directions: Just off rue Motte Picquete.

• abi_maha's Profile Photo

Ideal Acco For family trip

We had a comfortable stay at this hotel for five days! The dogs are really cute-they tootter round the place all afternoon! It is in Ecole Militaire-very accessible by metro and bus. It is very close to Hotel Invalides & Eiffel, so an ideal place to stay in Paris

Unique Quality: The dogs! they are very cute! the little one Volgun is especially friendly!

Directions: Ecole Militaire

• shrimp56's Profile Photo

One of the best two stars in town -- *7e

This hotel is very comfortable. The rooms and public areas are attractively decorated and spotlessly clean. Our room [the room named "Tulipe"] was very small and the shower was small also.
    The only drawback was one of the "madames" at the desk who, in response to any question I had or request I made, [preceded on my part by the correct politenesses] would yell at me. She was an equal opportunity linguist though. If I asked my question in French she yelled back in French. If I asked in English -- the return was in English. Otherwise it was an excellent hotel.
    Rooms ARE small at the 97 euro level, but crisply decorated. The shower was small also, but the overall ambience [minus madame] was excellent.

Unique Quality: The breakfast room is very sunny and cheerful. The breakfast is expensive [8 euro], but DOES include cereal, yogurt and fruit in addition to croissants and petit pain.

• Dabs's Profile Photo

Delightful small hotel

On my first trip to Paris we stayed at an Ibis on the outskirts of Paris for budgetary reasons, so I was thrilled when I got a tip for the centrally located charming Hotel Muguet for a reasonable price for our second and third visits.

On our fourth visit, we ventured over to the Latin Quarter for a change of scenery but should I return to Paris (or should I say when I return), I will go back to the Muguet.

Unique Quality: The Muguet is in the 7th, located within walking distance, even with luggage, of the La Tour Morborg metro station. It does, however, involve a change of lines on the metro if you are taking the RER from CDG.

Since Paris is a lovely walking city, we also found that the Champs Elysses and many of the other attractions of the city were walkable, the Rodin museum and Invalides are very close by.

On our first visit we got one of the small doubles and the bathroom was a typical laughably small Parisian bathroom and the bedroom so small that only one of us could be standing at a time.

On our second visit we requested a queen/deluxe room and what a difference that made! The bathroom was roomy, the bedroom was spacious. The bathroom still had a shower, not a tub, which is my preference when I travel.

The rooms are equipped with air conditioning and hair dryers, we skipped the breakfast since it was at an additional cost and went to find pastries instead.

There is an elevator in the hotel but it is small and the overhead lights are extremely hot, we opted for the stairs more than once.

The Muguet is rated as a 2 star hotel, if you travel a lot in Europe, you will know that the star levels are indicative of amenties not of the quality of the hotel.

• myriam_c's Profile Photo

Hotel Muguet

Lovely hotel in a very quiet neighbourhood (one-way street). The hotel is listed on the Hôtels de Charme website and it definitely deserves more than the 2* rating it gets from Hôtels de Charme.
    Rooms have recently been refurbished in provence-style colors.
    Very clean hotel, kind staff, good breakfast (partly buffet) in a nice and light breakfast room.

Unique Quality: Our room was on the 5th floor (elevator!). We had a tiny balcony and a view on the Eiffel Tower.
    The room was of a normal Parisian size and had every modern comfort: good heating, air conditioning, TV, bathroom with shower, hair dryer, even wash cloths in the bathroom!

Directions: M La Tour Maubourg or Ecole Militaire.

• Hotel Muguet

Unique Quality: For a hotel in such a chic district, the Muguet is extremely reasonable. The staff are friendly, the rooms well-appointed. Several of the rooms have views of the Eiffel Tower (which is just a few blocks away). Breakfast in the courtyard features a friendly tortoise crawling around the tiles at your feet. In the lobby you'll find an ever-changing array of poodles standing guard on one of the leather chairs. We loved it!

More about Hotel Muget

recent visit to Hotel Muguet

by TripAdvisor Member hoghappy

On a previous visit to Paris, I had stayed just steps from Notre Dame and LOVED it there! However, having read rave reviews on the message boards, and looking for something affordable, I decided to try the Hotel Muguet.
The area is really wonderful, and the bus and Metro is convenient. I loved being able to walk to the Eiffel Tower, and did at least once every day - it is a very easy walk. It's great to be on a very quiet street, yet steps from the fun! Many attractions are within walking distance, as are groceries, cafes, restaurants, etc.
The hotel is an unbelievable bargain! It is SO clean and the ac works...not always the case in Paris hotels. Our room was very small, I think not one of the better rooms. However, it was clean and the bed was very comfortable. The white towels were huge and fluffy, surely the Ritz couldn't have better.
I personally love the European custom of leaving the key at the desk, less worry about losing my key.
The shuttle service that the hotel uses was great...and cheap, $17 per person.
Many of the hotel guests were repeat customers, all felt fortunate to have been able to book a room there.

hotel muguet review

JUst returned from Europe and stayed at the Hotel Muguet in Paris on the last leg of our trip. It was my first trip to Paris and so I don't have any other Paris hotel experiences to compare it to. It was in a great location-close to Eiffel tower and only a couple of blocks to Metro. Just a block or so from Rue Cler. It was extremely clean and the maid kept it so every day. We had a large room on what they call the first floor but would be the second floor to us. We needed 3 beds so our room was spacious and the bath was good sized too. A/c worked fine. My sister who was with us has stayed in Paris before and thought this hotel was a good value for the money. The staff was helpful. They even had a computer with internet in the lobby area for only $2 Euro for 30 mins. which was about the standard price at internet cafes. JUst nice to have it right there. The street was quiet and felt safe. The area felt safe.

Cost of Breakfast at Hotel Muguet, 75007

by meforeman

The Hotel Muguet has been recommended to me but I have not been able to find out the cost of eating breakfast at the hotel. They give a detailed description about it but no price.

Many thanks,
Martha

by goodfish

Why don't you e-mail them your question via their website?

by vtveen

Why don't you email the hotel: muguet@wanadoo.fr

by bekerovka

Hy,
It's 11€ per night and per person. If you try a booking simulation, breakfast fare is in the end of the page.
Ciao, Marco

by alza

Marco, good suggestion to do a simulation booking. I try that whenever I want to know exact prices in order to compare with other establishments.

11 Euros is CDN$15, not extravagant for breakfast in Paris (if it's a good breakfast.)

I usually don't wish to take breakfast at the hotel, I prefer to go to a nearby café for a simple croissant with café au lait.

But Marta, if you need your breakfast, keep in mind that the breakfasts offered at hotels are likely to be more complete than what you'll find at any corner café.
Often well worth the 11 Euros to sit in comfort and quiet in your hotel and have something consistent enough to explore for hours afterwards.

by Roadquill

The down side is the restaurants charge you the same if you only have coffee and a muffin. IMHO - As a general rule the French have no clue on how to put out a proper breakfast. I am sure there are exceptions, but everytime I checked out the hotel buffet breakfast it was pretty dismal. Of course, I have only checked out 3 stars and below, so maybe the better places put on a better spread. Karl

by alza

:)) Karl, I agree. Oh well, we all learn the hard way :)) Happily lunch is never too far and delicious in Paris. :)

by goodfish

I read that Breakfast in America is awesome - and even very popular with Parisians!

Comments