Hotel Muget

Expedia.com Booking.com
fossettes's Profile Photo

Nice Hotel in the 7th

by written on April 13, 2008

Many people are looking for hotels in the 7th near rue Cler and the Eiffel Tower. I would recommend Hotel Muguet. http://www.hotelparismuguet.com It is on a very quiet street just a 3 minute walk from rue Cler and the Champs de Mars. The rooms are tastefully decorated, the breakfast is sufficient and the staff is friendly. That said, I have to mention that I think that rue Cler is way overrated... we always called it rue Cher (meaning expensive!) but I do like staying in the 7th when we return to Paris because it's central and comfortable. If you want a great market street, you really should visit rue Mouffetard in the 5th (Metro Monge) It's a classic...

Unique Quality: Comfortable beds, clean clean clean, great bathroom, quiet location, central.

rexvaughan's Profile Photo

Lovely and convenient

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on January 25, 2008

This hotel is exactly the kind we like. It is small but beautifully decorated, well located, has a friendly and helpful staff and serves a very nice breakfast. Also, the price is what I consider reasonable at 130 Euros per night for 2 people and 12 Euros for breakfast. Between our bedroom and the bathroom there was a small room with a desk and a table with two chairs which I think they call "superior." I am pretty sure some rooms are less expensive, but room rates will also vary depending on season, length of stay, etc.

Its location is great as well - virtually across the street from the charming rue Cler, 5 minutes from the Ecole Militaire metro stop, and easy walking distance from the Eiffel Tower, Muse Rodin, Des Invalides and easy metro connections.

I realize this is a family owned and operated hotel when, upon being told that we had stayed here before, the young woman at reception commented that, "Well, you might have met my mother or my grandmother." I don't know which of the staff were family, but all were courteous and helpful. One thing we liked is that, when we decided on a light dinner of cheese, fruit and crackers as we sometimes do in Paris, we were told that we were welcome to use the breakfast room and they provided plates, glasses and napkins for us.

Unique Quality: While the exterior of the hotel is not extraordinary, the interior is lovely throughout and the breakfast room in particular is very nice. The ceiling and one wall is glass and overlooks a small but very attractive garden. The decor is in keeping with the bright and cheery atmosphere. The breakfast is nice French breads, fruit, cereal, yogurt and eggs. If you want an omelette, they will prepare one for you. I don’t know why anyone would skip this delightful room, but you can also have breakfast served in your room. We will definitely go back here.

There are facilities for ironing, hairdryer in the room, internet access in the reception area and the rooms and bathrooms spotlessly clean.

Directions: Just off rue Motte Picquete.

abi_maha's Profile Photo

Ideal Acco For family trip

by written on June 20, 2005

We had a comfortable stay at this hotel for five days! The dogs are really cute-they tootter round the place all afternoon! It is in Ecole Militaire-very accessible by metro and bus. It is very close to Hotel Invalides & Eiffel, so an ideal place to stay in Paris

Unique Quality: The dogs! they are very cute! the little one Volgun is especially friendly!

Directions: Ecole Militaire

shrimp56's Profile Photo

One of the best two stars in town -- *7e

by written on November 8, 2004

This hotel is very comfortable. The rooms and public areas are attractively decorated and spotlessly clean. Our room [the room named "Tulipe"] was very small and the shower was small also.
The only drawback was one of the "madames" at the desk who, in response to any question I had or request I made, [preceded on my part by the correct politenesses] would yell at me. She was an equal opportunity linguist though. If I asked my question in French she yelled back in French. If I asked in English -- the return was in English. Otherwise it was an excellent hotel.
Rooms ARE small at the 97 euro level, but crisply decorated. The shower was small also, but the overall ambience [minus madame] was excellent.

Unique Quality: The breakfast room is very sunny and cheerful. The breakfast is expensive [8 euro], but DOES include cereal, yogurt and fruit in addition to croissants and petit pain.

Dabs's Profile Photo

Delightful small hotel

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on May 24, 2004

On my first trip to Paris we stayed at an Ibis on the outskirts of Paris for budgetary reasons, so I was thrilled when I got a tip for the centrally located charming Hotel Muguet for a reasonable price for our second and third visits.

On our fourth visit, we ventured over to the Latin Quarter for a change of scenery but should I return to Paris (or should I say when I return), I will go back to the Muguet.

Unique Quality: The Muguet is in the 7th, located within walking distance, even with luggage, of the La Tour Morborg metro station. It does, however, involve a change of lines on the metro if you are taking the RER from CDG.

Since Paris is a lovely walking city, we also found that the Champs Elysses and many of the other attractions of the city were walkable, the Rodin museum and Invalides are very close by.

On our first visit we got one of the small doubles and the bathroom was a typical laughably small Parisian bathroom and the bedroom so small that only one of us could be standing at a time.

On our second visit we requested a queen/deluxe room and what a difference that made! The bathroom was roomy, the bedroom was spacious. The bathroom still had a shower, not a tub, which is my preference when I travel.

The rooms are equipped with air conditioning and hair dryers, we skipped the breakfast since it was at an additional cost and went to find pastries instead.

There is an elevator in the hotel but it is small and the overhead lights are extremely hot, we opted for the stairs more than once.

The Muguet is rated as a 2 star hotel, if you travel a lot in Europe, you will know that the star levels are indicative of amenties not of the quality of the hotel.

myriam_c's Profile Photo

Hotel Muguet

by written on March 17, 2004

Lovely hotel in a very quiet neighbourhood (one-way street). The hotel is listed on the Hôtels de Charme website and it definitely deserves more than the 2* rating it gets from Hôtels de Charme.
Rooms have recently been refurbished in provence-style colors.
Very clean hotel, kind staff, good breakfast (partly buffet) in a nice and light breakfast room.

Unique Quality: Our room was on the 5th floor (elevator!). We had a tiny balcony and a view on the Eiffel Tower.
The room was of a normal Parisian size and had every modern comfort: good heating, air conditioning, TV, bathroom with shower, hair dryer, even wash cloths in the bathroom!

Directions: M La Tour Maubourg or Ecole Militaire.

Hotel Muguet

by written on August 24, 2002

Unique Quality: For a hotel in such a chic district, the Muguet is extremely reasonable. The staff are friendly, the rooms well-appointed. Several of the rooms have views of the Eiffel Tower (which is just a few blocks away). Breakfast in the courtyard features a friendly tortoise crawling around the tiles at your feet. In the lobby you'll find an ever-changing array of poodles standing guard on one of the leather chairs. We loved it!

Nearby Hotel Muget

View Professional Photos

Amenities at Hotel Muget

• Free High Speed Internet

Paris Travel Forum

Need advice about Paris, France? Visit the Travel Forum for Paris and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Paris hotel reviews