Hotel Napoleon Paris - a Summit Hotel

Tags

Arts and Culture Festivals Historical Travel
See Amenities
Openseas's Profile Photo

Location, Location......the best in town.

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on September 7, 2007

We stayed in the Hotel Napoleon for a week, and I can say whole heartily I loved the Napoleon. We have stayed in numerous hotels in Paris, as we visit every year for business. I originally was very doubtful whether the reviews stated on T/A would come through, as I know in many hotels in Paris the rooms can be extremely small and uncomfortable.

We booked a junior suite (621) The room was enormous with a small separate study with working desk, internet connection, mini bar and a small couch or single bed. Our bedroom had a king size bed, large wardrobe, dressing table,TV, sideboard all tastefully and elegantly furnished. The bathroom was very spacious with bath, overhead shower, sink and large vanity suite. We booked this suite on their website and got a very good deal.

We found the staff to be extremely friendly and helpful, maids efficient and very clean. Our check-in was fabulous as we had arrived in Paris after a long haul flight and luckily our room was waiting for us. The foyer is elegantly furnished with couches, chairs, coffee tables and pictures of Napoleon hanging on most walls. Off the foyer is a lovely warm bar again decorated in French antique furniture. The breakfast room is on the bottom level which needs some updating. Continental breakfast consisted of croissants, bread, cereal, yogurt, cold meats and cheeses. I did however order some poached eggs which were delicious.

The hotel is situated a few minutes walk to Champs Elysees, Arc de Triomphe, and Palace Congress. The metro is a 100meters which is the number One line that takes you to the main tourist attractions. The hop-on hop-off tour bus can also be taken from the top of Champs-Elysees a two minute walk away from the hotel.

Unique Quality: The best thing about this hotel is the position, I thought it to be fabulous for everything. I did get to see some other rooms on the sixth floor, the suite next to us was absolutely enormous, it had two bedrooms with a large lounge room which looked divine. The other room I saw looked like a deluxe room which again looked spacious and comfortable. I am saying this, as I am a space freak when it comes to Parisian Hotels.

The laundry service was immaculate, all neatly pressed and wrapped in lovely boxes. The dry-cleaning was also perfect, which you do not get in some hotels.

The only negative thing I have to say is that the shower hose was terrible, it leaked all over the place, and to work it one almost needs a university degree. Oh yes, one other thing there was no coffee or tea facilities but I did bring my own little traveling kettle, as I know most European Hotels do not provide this service.

Recommendation : Absolutely for the position and large rooms. Hotel Napoleon is truly a four star hotel offering a unique position in the heart of Paris.

Nearby Hotel Napoleon Paris - a Summit Hotel

• Free High Speed Internet
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Paris Travel Forum

Need advice about Paris, France? Visit the Travel Forum for Paris and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Paris hotel reviews