Hotel Opera Cadet - Paris

Opera Cadet Hotel
Hotels.com Expedia.com Orbitz.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about Hotel Opera Cadet - Paris

Opera Cadet was okay but not outstanding.

We stayed at the Opera Cadet for four nights from October 7-11, 2004. The hotel, itself, was okay. Not outstanding, but not awful either. Room size was not large, but adequate. Bathroom was small, and hair dryer was poor. Breakfast was great: croissants, yogurt, cereals, hard-boiled eggs, fresh fruit, etc. What we didn't like was the location. Yes, it was close to the metro, but everywhere we went required a metro trip. It really wasn't close enough to walk to any of the main Paris attractions. We didn't find that there were a lot of restaurants around--really only found one brasserie, and that was just okay. The awning outside the restaurant said that it was a creperie, but they didn't have any crepes. My guess is that it used to be a creperie, and possibly it's changed hands, but new owners didn't change sign. It was okay, but if I went to Paris again, I'd probably stay closer to the main sights.

Stay at the Opera Cadet a...

by Jenny-W

Stay at the Opera Cadet a hotel on Cadet Street in the Opera district. The street is a market street. As you walked down the street you got a feel of the culture of the area. Cadet is a true market street with the fruit vendors, the bread, cheese and pastriy shops, and the open air cafes on the corner. The sights sounds and smells were a bombardment to the senses. La Louvre is a must for any person touring France. It houses some of the most famious art in the world.

so so... depends on your deal

by TripAdvisor Member vuleanne

I stayed at the Opera Cadet last year with my mom on a weekend trip to Paris whilst I was still living in London. The location has easy access to a metro once you find it- it's a little difficult to locate at first. The "non-smoking" rooms were rank of very bad smelling (I honestly have a high tolerance for smells- this was bad) room spray and smoke. We had to ask them not to spray the rooms anymore during our stay. You might just be better off requesting a non-smoking room. The breakfast was decent- nothing super special for paris, but there were two patisseries right accross the street that definitely had them beat. If everything else was booked, this place is tolerable and not too bad. The staff was incredibly friendly compared to most. However, I would recommend looking elsewhere first if given the opportunity.

Great hotel

We just returned from three weeks in Europe that started with a four night stay at the Opera Cadet. We found it to be one of the best hotels of our European stay. Our room was quiet, clean and provided one of the best morning breakfasts. It was the only hotel that provided fresh fruit which we enjoyed. The hotel staff was very helpful. The metro was conveniently located across the street and we shopped for sandwich food right on the rue Cadet. The only disadvantage was that all the sights were a distance from the hotel. We had picked this hotel for the rave reviews and its walkable distance to Gare du l'est, the East train station. That was wonderfully convenient as we continued onto Switzerland.

Great Value, Great Location

My wife stayed here from 9/26-10/3. We were very happy with the place. It is incredibly convenient to the metro and many nice neighborhood restaurants. It is also well within walking distance to Monmarte and Sacre Couer church.

Our room was very clean and had a double and two twin beds. It wasn't large, but very few rooms in Paris are large. (Although the last time I was in Paris on business I stayed in a suite at the George V that could seat 18 people without anyone sitting on the bed! Of course the room rate was a little higher than the Opera Cadet.) Our room overlooked the street which was a little noisy despite the double pane windows. There was absolutely no room to room noise and a room off the back would have solved the street noise problem.

The breakfast facility was very nice and the breakfast was simple, but more than adequate. The courtyard in the back was quite tranquil and it we enjoyed drinking a glass of wine out there in late afternoon. The desk staff was also very helpful.

I concur with the poster that the hair dryer was very slow. We walked in the neighborhood and bought our own for 18 euros.

Overall, I think this was a very good value for the money and I highly recommend it despite some of the negative reviews.

Friendly Front Desk Staffers

by TripAdvisor Member Babe34

This was my sixth trip to Paris, and my first stay at the Opera. For the money, you can't find a better hotel based on cleanliness, helpfulness of front desk staff, breakfast selections, and convenience to many popular destinations. It was a 15 minute walk to the Galeria and Printemps, the Opera House, and very close to the bus and Metro. I plan to stay at the Opera again.

great hotel

We stayed for one week, it is a very nice hotel in a very central location, would reccomend to anyone looking for a nice claen hotel, within 100 metres to the metro and 10 minutes walk to the paris opera, and 20 minutes walk to the centre of Paris.

A wonderful experience

My friend and I took our moms to Paris earlier this month. It was a first trip to the lovely city for all of us and we stayed at this hotel. Don't be thrown off by the "boutique" factor. This hotel has plenty of charm, the location was excellent (a block away from the metro) and the staff was wonderful and friendly. The neighborhood had everything you can imagine and you get the sense of a true Parisian experience.

Very Bad Experience

After a trip to the Loire Valley, we spent one night at this hotel before flying out of Paris. The room was tiny, dark and depressing. The carpet was filthy, paint was peeling off the bathroom door, the bedding was stained and the staff was rude. We requested a double bed and got two tiny twins pushed together. We requested a non-smoking room and got a smoking room. We were told that they have "very few" non-smoking rooms yet they adverstise their non-smoking rooms as a feature. Absolutely will never stay there again.

Clean room

by TripAdvisor Member mc2nj

My family and I usually stay in a well known chain hotel in the States so I was a little skeptical as to the quality of this hotel despite all the good reviews I read online. The cleanliness of the room is of utmost importance to me so the bathroom was the first place I checked when we went into our room. I was pleasantly surprised, it was very clean, no mildew, stain, dirt, dust...... The rest of the room was also clean but very very small, the room was all beds, 4 twin beds for the 3 of us. For the lack of closet and shelf space, we used the 4th bed to lay out our clothes. Here are a few complaints and our tips, the odd looking old hair dryer which took forever to dry my hair, so bring your own hair dryer. The bottom of the shower curtain wouldn't stay put during the shower, it was flying all over the place! We tried anchoring it with wet towels and clips but to no avail. Finally the battle with the shower curtain ended when we stuffed the bottom into the handle that was on the side of the tub. The hotel is conveniently located, the metro is just a few minutes away and many restaurants are within walking distance. Front desk service was just ok. The room and bathroom are small but if you're just looking for a clean and a quiet room, a comfortable bed and close proximity to sights then this is the place to stay.

House boats on the Seine, ParisHouse boats on the Seine, Paris

Hotel des InvalidesHotel des Invalides

Notre DameNotre Dame

View of inside a Paris Public ToiletView of inside a Paris Public Toilet

hotel opera cadet

by lufc

staying there soon,any info on quality and location.

RE: hotel opera cadet

by cristiana04

It is well located, next to Opera, and full of bars, small restaurants, groceries, markets, bistrots, in a nutshell it is located in a commercial area...I guess that 1 or 1,5 km far from Montmartre.
Regards:-)