Hotel Opera Caravelle

Costs 26% less but rated 27% lower than other 3 star hotels

More about Paris

Waiting for my Hot ChocolateWaiting for my Hot Chocolate

Chapelle Saint-Louis - Nov 2010Chapelle Saint-Louis - Nov 2010

close up of windows, Institute du monde arabclose up of windows, Institute du monde arab

Sailing boatsSailing boats

Paris visite Pass

by Purush

Can you please tell me if Paris Visite Pass for Zone 1- 6 covers CDG Airport and Paris DisneyLand.
Further as I noted that this pass is half priced for kids, is the ticket (Carnet of 10) is also half priced for kids, means instead of Euro 1.70 for adult, is it less for kids (Below 11 yrs)?

Thanks a lot for any advice.

Re: Paris visite Pass

by puerto_lover

yes Charles de Gaulle airport and Disneyland Paris are in Zone 5 so Zones 1 to 6 covers them.
You can get a child's carnet which is half price.

Re: Paris visite Pass

by Beausoleil

If you are getting a Paris Viste Pass, why would you need a carnet of 10 tickets?

I don't recommend the pass simply because of the expense. It would be cheaper to buy a carnet and use these tickets. You can share the tickets among all the people in your party. If you get the pass, everyone needs their own pass and they must be used on consecutive days. If you're going to Disneyland, you will spend the entire day there and not use the pass except to get there and back, and a single journey ticket would make more sense.

The Paris Viste can only be bought for zones 1-3 or zones 1-6. Neither are particularly useful. You only need zone 1 for most sightseeing. If you are going to CDG or Disneyland, buy a separate ticket for that journey. It will be much less than a zone 1-6 Paris Viste pass.

Passes are useful in some cases, but often they do not save you money. If you want it for the convenience, that is what you are paying for. We find the single tickets in the carnet are more convenient for us. It depends on your travel situation but it's good to consider all the possibilities.

Have a great trip.

Travel Tips for Paris

The River Seine

by pedroswift

If I had the opportunity to take a first time visitor into Paris blindfolded, I would take them by boat onto the Seine on a bright sunny day. I'd remove the blindfold on an upstream passage of the river just downstream of the Tour Eiffel. I believe they would never forget their first sight of Paris. My fondest memory of Paris is the emotional outlet ; the thrill of the first visit. Actually seeing the city about which we had read so much as adults & learnt so much as children in school French lessons.
Each return visit evokes memories of those first emotions

Parisians are darlings when you give French a try

by Stasigrace

Parisians (especially the men) would get so excited when I tried out my French. They would exclaim, "Madame speaks French!" And then proceed to be very accomodating to my Frenchlish.

I was also very proud when people would mistake me for a Parisian and start rattling off to me in French. It's one thing to be taken for a German or Brit, but a Parisian--oh la la! Lots of tourists did this, but also locals--the ultimate compliment.

The only museum in Paris which is open until 2am !

by Imbi

Spread out over seven levels, this museum specialises in erotic art in all shapes and sizes, with music in the background.There are also temporary exhibitions and a souvenir shop.

Address
72, Boulevard de Clichy 75018 Paris

Buying Traveller's Cheques

by Canadian_girl

I discovered the hard way (after walking around for more than an hour and asking about a hundred people) that you can't buy traveller's cheques at travel agencies like you can at home. If you find yourself with too much cash (or not enough, I guess), go DIRECTLY to the post office and look for a western union branch inside. Make sure you have your passport with you.

What we survived on with our toddler!

by ChicBaby

We planned on taking the RER directly to our apartment. I wore a convertible backpack (internal frame) that we checked in, put a carry on tote on the stroller and pushed the stroller. My husband wore a daypack and pulled a large rolling suitcase. We wore our coats on the way to the airport and packed it into our check-in before boarding the plane. This really helped because we didn't have to fetch coats and we didn't need them on the plane or at the airport as we wore layers with a sweater on top. If going in Feb, bring layers to keep warm and take off when it gets warm from all of the moving you'll be doing. We were only cold when we stopped. When in motion, we were quite comfortable. The apartment we rented had an umbrella, but we just used out hats. We took a chance, but never got soaked and it was something more for us to carry to Paris and with us during the day. We both brought 2 pairs of shoes and rotated. If one got wet, we had another one. This would elaborate to the fact that we packed the min. amount of clothing for 4 days. We had a washer at the apartment and we knew we will use it. Besides, since our toddler slept early, we knew that we could do laundry at night. For our toddler, we packed 5 outfits - the cutest, warmest ones he had. If you have children or a baby, it really helps if they look as cute as possible. People seem to be more helpful. Bring all medication that you may ever need for your toddler (i.e. fever reducers, nasal aspirator, antihistimines, etc.) Know your child's weight in the units of measurement that the country you're in uses. Also, take some time and get a cheat sheet of phrases to describe medical emergencies or problems. Small tub toys really helped our toddler get used to the new bath tub. This is something that is very important when traveling with a toddler, buy lots of small, easy to travel with toys - wrap them up and give them to your toddler on the plane or when you need to. That extra 5 - 10 minutes of avoiding a melt-down is well worth it. We also used a portable DVD player on the plane. We had all of his favorite DVDs and this helped A LOT. You also need snacks. Pack the snacks your toddler likes because most likely you won't find it where you are and you don't have time to look for it. Bring at least 2 or 3 sippy/straw cups, 3 snack cups that you can fill every morning, a flask to keep your milk hot or cold throughout the day, and stroller toys to attach. Read my tip on "How we carried all our stuff"

Comments