Hotel Passy-Home

Cliffs of DoverCliffs of Dover

Looking up.......Looking up.......

WIFI FROM HOTEL DE VILLE

by ForestqueenNYC

Does anyone know if the hotel de ville still has public wifi. I have gotten it the last two times that I have been in Paris, but this year it doesn't show up on my list. Does it have another name?

by cgf

:signet:

by leanneedwards

I think there is wireless by Les Halle there are signs as you walk from the front by the Mall entrance toward St. Eustaches (sp - tired)..

by leanneedwards

It is Eustache... they have tables there as well... don't remember noticing the signs at Hotel de ville...

by ForestqueenNYC

Yes, that's it Pedro. I have always been able to get it from my apartment at Denfert Rochereau, but this year I cannot. Which means I have just paid 4.30 euros for a cafe creme so that I can use the wifi in a resto near my apartment. Hope this is a temporary situation. But then if I can't get it maybe I will break my addiction to the internet and see Paris for a change.

Thank you all for your responses.

by ForestqueenNYC

I have moved over to a cheaper bar where I can use wifi with a glass of 3 euro wine. Will check nearby librairies next week.

Travel Tips for Paris

It's simple...pick up any...

by Ricardo_J_M

It's simple...pick up any tourist guide and visit the many landmarks they have to offer. I loved roaming endlessly around Old Paris. It was cold especially for us whom left Houston in December wearing shorts!

Louvre door

by Jenniflower

Yes, this 'thing' for doors continues! lol The intricate detail and sheer weight of the door is breathtaking. The attention to details in the carvings and the gold leaf shows us the incredible dedication that the craftsmen of the day had. For so many people a door is merely the means with which to get from one area to another. For these craftsmen, even the doors had to be pieces of art themselves within this magnificent gallery.

Well done I say. Well done indeed!

Disney light parade

by Ash59

One of the characers from the Electrical Parade (Petes magic dragon, I think!). I could be wrong but I understand that they will not be doing this parade any more, which is a great shame as it is wonderful to see.

It is very impolite to put...

by sunlyon

It is very impolite to put your hands in your lap while eating. Watch others and follow their examples on correct etiquette. Usually the knife is kept in the right hand and the fork is kept in the left hand.

When greeted (by people you know, not strangers), you will be kissed two to three times. This is not so much a kiss as a touching of the cheeks and kissing the air.

Outside Paris

by ashipway

Hi,

Versailles is a huge MUST. You can get there easily by train and it doesn't take too long. The Palace and gardens are just beautiful. Don't miss Marie Antoinette's village or the Hall of Mirrors.Check the website for open times and prices. You can purchase tickets online to avoid the queues.

Also visit Monet's garden at Giverny. I've not been there but is on our list for our trip later this year

There is also so much to see in and around Paris, enjoy!

Comments