28 Passage Cardinet, 17th Arr., Paris, Ile-de-France, 75017, France

by dougie5419

Can anyone give me transport directions to Hotel Prince Albert Wagram
28, Passage Cardinet
75017 PARIS
from Charles DE Gaulle airport.

RE: Directions to Hotel Prince Albert Wagram

by Roadquill

Taking the RER B from CDG you can get off at either Gare du Nord or Chatelet Les Halles. From either of these stops, you need to get to Metro line 3 heading toward Pont de Levallois Becon. It looks like a couple of changes on the metro either way.

RE: RE: Directions to Hotel Prince Albert Wagram

by Roadquill

I should have metioned, you get off at the Magram Metro stop, two stops after Villiers.

RE: Directions to Hotel Prince Albert Wagram

by Roadquill

There is also a direct bus from CDG to Opera (metro). From Opera you can pick up metro line 3. There are less metro changes doing it this way.

Hotel in Le Defence area, stay there or not?

by JBAlcott

My wife and I have reservations at the Marriott Le Defence for early June. We have read some postings on various websites advising not to stay there. How safe is it riding the train back late at night (apparently the last one is at 12:30)? Is the lack of old Paris charm offset by a free room with Marriott points? Is it like staying in New Jersey for a trip to New York City? or is it just a minor inconvenience?

Any feedback good and bad would be appreciated.

by raphaellecrevet

La Défense is close by métro to Paris center, about 15 minutes metro ride, but it is a business area, commuters from Paris work there, so very safe during the day, and a bit of a desert at night, i have been there once at night and ti was allright, but DESERT...Noone around.

by Old_Doc

I suppose it is a matter of priorities and preferences. I prefer to stay in the city center, to stroll the Boul 'Mich at leisure, walk to museums, etc. But if the cost of the hotel is a major sticking point (especially with the dollar so low) that might prevent me from going otherwise, then I could make that choice. I know of some really very nice hotels for 130 to 150 Euros; in fact, there are lots of them. So, it depends on what you value, your resources, etc.

Old Doc

by sharontravels

My husband has business meetings the end of May in the Le Defence area and I am going with him. We are staying near the Champs Elysee/Arche de Triumphe area because we understood the business area was a concrete jungle and it was at least 30 minutes to anything.

RE: RE: Hotel in Le Defence area, stay there or not?

by JBAlcott

I appreciate everyones response to my question about Le Defence. I think we are going to go ahead and stay there because of the 7 day free room. We will pay for better hotels in other parts of France when we leave Paris. Regarding the area and how long it takes to get to the Champs Elysee, I have been told you are right by Metro 1 and it only takes 15 minutes by Metro. I would have prefered to stay at the Marriott at Champs Elysee, but it was 4 nights vs. 7. Marriott points come in handy.

Thanks again

by meheu

La Defense is really quite at night, everything is closed at night. I can recommend you to go to the Hotel Prince Albert Wagram, a nice 2 stars hotel located near the porte Maillot, direct in metro from la Defense. http://www.princealbert-wagram.com/, it has really good prices. It wan newly renovated. The hotel is clean and nice.
Enjoy Paris