Hotel Prince De Galles Paris Champs Elysees

Prince de Galles Hotel
LuxuryCollection Venere.com Booking.com

Costs 84% more than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• Falling Apart, Terribly Over Priced

We stayed at the Prince Des Galles for 3 Nights on 6/9 - 6-12.

Upon check in the air conditioning in both rooms did not work, the carpets were so stained you do not want to walk on them, the moldings are falling apart on doors/walls, the grout in the bathrooms is BLACK, the furniture is torn and there are rings on all of the surfaces.

There was also a dead bug in the room.

Both stays we had to change rooms because the air conditioning did not work, in Paris, in June, the second time we had to change rooms twice and were offered a smoking room the second time before finally a non smoking room appeared. For 500+ EU a night at a "luxury collection hotel?"

On our second check in for 1 night 6/19, we arrived at 2PM, were told no rooms were able to be checked in at that time in the entire hotel by an incredulous front desk staff (I lived in Paris, this was an attitude not the charming Parisian attitude), who when we returned at 3:30PM gave away our deluxe room upgrade

The pictures speak for themselves. The place is falling apart and unless you find a rate below 300EU, I would stay elsewhere, this hotel hardly deserves the status it receives.

The breakfast staff however is charming.

• ChrisRJ's Profile Photo

The Top Of The Heap!

Just to caveat our stay......one of us works for Sheraton and so we got a ridiculously good (cheap) deal on rooms here, otherwise staying at this hotel would not have been an option, but then I guess "it's all about who you know, right?"

The service here is impecable and all the staff highly professional. This hotel sits directly next door to the famous George V hotel and so arguably is the #2 hotel in Paris. The location is great and the rooms are extremely nice. Turn down service and all of those other niceties are just considered par for the course.

Everything comes at a price, however. You are made to feel like a king or queen, but venture into the hotel bar for an early evening drink and two glasses of wine and a martini will set you back $58. Also, the area in which you are staying is a mirror of this, so don't expect too many deals here.

However, if indulgence and the best of the best is "your bag baby" then knock yourself out!

Directions: 200 yards from the Louis Vitton store off the Champs Elysee and about 2 minutes walk from the Arc de Triomph

• xstacey's Profile Photo

It doesn't get much better than this.......

Everything was outstanding - especially the service. The food was great, room service was great, the Bar was great - all the staff, they were great - GREAT! I had a great rate for this mighty fine hotel. I hope i am lucky enough to get it a few more times (at least!).

Every day we would order Cafe au Lait and more than a few times we had drinks in the comfy chairs in the Bar/Lounge. Everything you could think of was available: in-room safe, bath salts, large wardrobes, comfy beds and pillows, large rooms and bathrooms, hairdryer, wireless internet (cards purchased at the operator's desk) - and a long list of amenities available to you that they bring, should you need it.

In the area, elegant boutiques of the "Triangle d'Or," and famous landmarks including the Arc de Triomphe, the Eiffel Tower and the Champs Elysées.

Unique Quality: It's located right off the Champs Elysses and other great Shops (Dior, Prada, et) were all around us too.

Everything here was just the best - i cannot say enough about the staff: fantastique!

Directions: Georges V, off the Champs Elysses

• Oana_bic's Profile Photo

Travel in style

My favorite hotel- Prince de Galle, on Blvd George V, posh but not snob; very nice bar & restaurant, delicious breakfast
    Royal Monceau, another 5 star excellent French hotel close to Etoile,
    Another one - Le Scrib, close to the Opera

Unique Quality: Originally built during the Art Deco period, Hotel Prince de Galles is a symbol of excellence and tradition which distinguish itself for the harmony and the gauged elegance typical of the Parisian taste. Precious furnishings, antiques, refined marbles perfectly marry with its luxurious framework.

More about Hotel Prince De Galles Paris Champs Elysees

Prince de Galles was great.

by TripAdvisor Member cac258

I just returned from 3 nights at the Prince de Galles with my wife. The lobby and hotel is beautiful. I am Starwood Platinum, and was treated accordingly. I booked a suite using Starwood points. The suite was very nice traditional French decor, not brand new or modern, but was very nice. The suite was quite large and was very clean. When I arrived there was a bottle of Champagne and some chocolates waiting in the room with a welcoming note. The staff was very nice and polite. The concierge booked dinner reservations for me for all 3 nights, and all restaurants were as described and very good. The location is nice, just a couple of blocks off the Champs de Elysees on George V (right next door to the Four Seasons). On the corner of Champs de Elysees and George V is the George V Metro stop, which is on the Metro line 1 which goes through the center of Paris (stops at the Louvre and at Chatelet where you can transfer to 4-5 other lines). It is also just a short walk to the Arc De Triomphe, and the other way to the Seine. It is also not that long a walk to the Eiffel Tower. We did not eat in the hotel, but preferred cafes for breakfast on the Champs de Elysees. I would not hesitate to stay there next time I am in Paris, especially if the price is the same.....free (because of Starwood Points).

Absolutely incredible

Myself and a friend of mine stayed at this hotel just recently whilst spending a long week-end in Paris. I have to say that this hotel by far exceeded all of my expectations by far. And I cannot say that there was one bad thing to report about the hotel.
- The Hotel itself is in a great location, and is fantastic if you like to shop. On the road where the hotel is situated you have Hermes, Armarni, Louis Vuitton, Chloe, Emmanual Ungaro etc..... Besides the fantastic shops you have Hotel George the 5th right next door which is the best hotel in Paris, and to top it all off, you have some of the best selection of restaurants and bars on the same street.
- Our room was exceptionally clean and well furnished. One of my pet hates in hotels is to have the windows that don't open fully or can only be lifted a little just incase you accidently throw yourself out of the window, here we had floor to ceiling windows that opened fully which was brilliant. The Bathroom was delightful, and our room got cleaned twice a day.
- The concierge were some of the best I have ever come across, and made sure that if we wanted to go to a restaurant that was fully booked we had a table, and if a nightclub had a guest list, we were at the top. Being one of the best hotels in Paris, I suppose nightclubs and bars want to have guests that are staying at the Prince de Galles at their own venue.

Overall, I can truly say that The Prince De Galles Hotel made our weekend in Paris something truly special.

Great hotel, great staff, great location

by TripAdvisor Member dottie dog

This is a wonderful hotel in a nice neighborhood. We used starwood points and it was more than worth it. The staff was exceptional. The room was nice, clean, well maintained and with nice extras. I would highly recommend it.

Great location, staff needs some work

by TripAdvisor Member ozone92

I stayed here for one night at the beginning of March. I have to say I was a bit disappointed after reading such positive reviews. When I first arrived, I stood in line of 4 people for a solid 10 minutes, which seems like an eternity after spending the last 16 hours traveling. All of my rate details seemed lost on the attendant. Being Starwood Gold I was supposed to receive an upgrade if available. After I reminded him of this he redid all the work (another 5 minutes) and gave me a different room (which I hope for the hotel’s sake wasn’t an upgraded room). I then showed him the paper work showing that a museum pass was included in the rate. Again he had no idea. Twenty minutes later after involving the concierge and a couple other people, they gave me a museum pass that they had saved for someone else that evidently didn’t show. Finally, breakfast was included as well in the rate, but upon arriving in the states I see that they added that to my bill. So besides the staff being on the incompetent side, the hotel is very nice, although quite small. My room was two double beds pushed together to make a “king” and the shower was so small that the shower curtain was constantly sticking to me while trying to take a shower. The redeeming quality for the hotel would be it is so close to the four seasons that you might just cancel your room and move over to some folks who know how to handle all those pesky tasks like checking folks in.

Very Nice!

by TripAdvisor Member FloridaWanderer73

This hotel is right next to the George V, about halfway between two metro stations (a manageable walk to either). Easy walk to view Eiffel Tower or Arc D'Triomphe.

Very fancy, and high food prices as you would expect. Service was very good, and not rude at all in our experience. They were very helpful. The hotel has Wi-Fi which is very useful, though you needed a daily access card from the business center. About the smallest elevators you will ever find, kind of amusing really.

Room was very clean and very well appointed. Not huge, but very generously sized for central Paris.

Best thing about this hotel is its affiliation with Starwood, which makes reward rooms via the Starwood Preferred Guest program a breeze. To stay in this hotel for free is an amazing value in central Paris. I would say the hotel is definitely 5 stars and probably worth $400/night.

Comments