Hotel Residence du Pre

general viewgeneral view

Paris Accomodation

by eagle05

Hi,
I am intending to do a short visit to Paris by Thalys. Can anybody recommend a reasonable priced hotel not to far from the station or in easy reach to the ralways station in Paris.
Even better in a location worth while seeing
Many thanks!

Re: Paris Accomodation

by weezybee

Hi! I know two hotels close to the gare du nord, first you have the "taylor" which has a helpful staff and is really a great value, and then you have the hotel "L'Annexe" that has good rates, well decorated and the staff is also really great!
Check out their websites : http://www.annexe-paris-hotel.com/ http://www.paris-hotel-taylor.com/
I really hope that you will find what you're looking for!!
Have a nice trip =)

Re: Paris Accomodation

by Paris92

I know a great one that's relatively close--say a short cab ride or long walk away. It's the Hotel Chopin-- http://hotelbretonnerie.com/chopin.htm

It's cheap and the people who work there are beyond nice. It's certainly not a luxury hotel, but it's clean and has all the basics.

Travel Tips for Paris

Surprise !

by Norali

It all started end of June 1984. Once, my Dad told me that I was going to spend my holidays in Paris... and that we were going to leave in "one week". Or was it "one month"?... Anyways, it was not planned as well ahead as it should be for future travels.

I was excited, happy. And yes, I remembered that I had heard my parents talking about a new passport. Yet, I never suspected it was for me. Since my Mum used to keep all our documents (photos, certificates of all kinds), they could plan it without asking me to provide them with papers, id-photos... That was a surprise ! As far as I remember, I have never dreamt of Paris... not as much as many adults who plan their trips, read guides to know what to see, what to eat, to buy... would do.

I think I haven't had time to dream of Paris. My parents used to say that one day, they were going to show us Paris. Still, I never knew when... until they told me that we were leaving "soon". Really really soon :)

Would it have been a better trip if there was some room for dreaming? Think not. There was room for surprise, instead. And I DO like surprises.

View from Eifell Tower.

by tucha

Sheý is the symbol of Parisý Of course everybody knows her!
The Eiffel Tower was built for the International Exhibition of Paris of 1889 commemorating the centenary of the French Revolution.

At 300 metres (320.75m including antenna), and 7000 tons, it was the world's tallest building until 1930. The tower has three platforms and from the second you have this view that is superb. The first bridge you can see, is Bir Hakein and the and the end of the small island, you find the Statue of Liberty that has been offered to the city in 1885, in the Grenelle bridge.

Take your time and decompress...

by Pierre_Rouss

Take your time and decompress in the Jardins du Luxembourg. What better place after a long flight, to wind down, put your feet up, read a book or take a nap. These gardens are at the back of the Luxembourg embassy.

Generally I found that French...

by calvin729

Generally I found that French women are so much nicer than men, from a backpacker's perspective. Know some simple French before you go. In many times I got lost in the metro maze and I found nobody who could use English to help me!

Packing List

by UScutie

Bring extra bags or luggage w/ u in case u buy alot of GIFTS to bring home .I have to buy extra bags b/c I could not help myself stop shopping and buy chocolate,wine,cosmetic,perfume...that is most famous product in the world .
- Bring credit card and debit card with you ,so u don't have to pay FEE SERVICE when you exchange cash from your counties currency to EURO ( 15 to 20% fee ,yeah they ROB u ).Paris is so convinience to cash money out of ATM (everywhere).Your bank and credit card company will give you the best exchange without fee .IT'S GREAT ! -If u love DANCING like me then bring couple nice dresses and at least 1 pair of shoes .
- Bring the comfortable shoes/boot for walking b/c METRO in Paris is main transportation ,we have to walk alot during the day .
-If u r living in snowing place and travel from end of March ,so don't need bring heavy jacket .As Paris has almost no snow during the winter time (every year),so Paris is not cold as North East America.Only feel chilly early in the morning and late at night .
-If u r living in warm places ,so of-course you should bring warm clothes on spring time. *****WARNING : FOR US OR OTHER COUNTRY not use same type of ELECTRIC CORD .In US use FLAT CORE and in France and most Europe counties use ROUND CORE .When my video-camera out of battery ,I was STUCK for 5 days travel without record picture b/c couldn't find the round cord to lug in .Luckly I found round cord in Germany ...it's night mare !
So if u bring lap-top computer,video camera,hair dryer...which need to re-charge electric ,please looking for round electric cord and bring it w/ u so u don't lose time to SEARCHING what store sell this kind.

Comments