Hotel Ritz

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 49% less than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• chess_machine's Profile Photo

Mythical place

Ritz is located in Place Vendome, most luxurious place in France and probably one of the most in the world.

Well, everybody knows "le Ritz". Amazing location, amazing rooms, amazing entrance, amazing prices. If you are planning to propose your wife when going in Paris, that might be a good place...

• billtei's Profile Photo

Might Break Your Bank, But Will Capture Your Heart

After staying at Hotel Ritz Paris, you'll see why the popular catch phrases "Ritzy" and "Putting on the Ritz" were born here. My wife and I spent a week in London for our honeymoon, with a side trip to Paris. Since we only had 2 days and one night in Paris, I decided to splurge and go all out. Although 565 Euros (about US $700) is an outrageous amount to spend for one night at any other hotel, it's a bargain at Hotel Ritz, where suites can cost up to 8500 Euros (US $10,000).

Our taxi driver raced through the streets of Paris to the doorstep of the Ritz, located where else but at the "ritzy" Place Vendome. After our bags were whisked away by the porter, the concierge gave us a personal tour of the hotel, pointing out where to find the restaurant, pool, spa, and other amenities. We were led down the "Hallway of Temptation", a long corridor lined with glass display cases holding various luxury goods and Objets d'Art for sale. We witnessed one gentleman who fell victim to the Hallway of Temptation. "That's it! That's the One!", he exclaimed after one of the paintings caught his eye. Wow, that's a whole new meaning to "impulse buying".

The concierge showed us to our room, which had its own separate vestibule for hanging coats, along with the available umbrella, supplied by the Ritz of course. We were awestruck by the beauty and elegance of the room, which was much bigger than I had expected for a standard rate. Our room had a mini balcony with french doors affording a view of the garden below; unfortunately the doors didn't open, probably for safety reasons. The furniture was in good shape, considering most of it dated from the time of Louis XV or Louis XVI. Next to the bed was a button console, which controlled all of the lights, and music selection for the bathroom. Attention slackers: there's even a button to summon a waiter to bring drinks to you bedside!

We perused the room service menu; at 50 Euros for a pizza, we figured it would be more rewarding to grab a snack elsewhere in Paris. (continued below...)

Unique Quality: My wife marveled at the bathroom, with all the complimentary toiletries, gold plated fixtures, bidet, heated towel rack, plush robes, and best of all, her very own sink next to mine! The TV seemed the only thing out of place in the Louis-era room, although it offered alot more channels than the one in London. I particularly enjoyed watching South Park in German.

We had planned to have a drink in the famous Hemingway Bar, but were exhausted after a full day of sightseeing. We sunk right into the mattress and I slept like a baby; it was the best night of sleep I ever had in a hotel. Checkout was effortless as we headed out the next day for more sightseeing. Even though we checked out around 10AM, the concierge stored our bags at the desk until late afternoon.

Staying at Hotel Ritz Paris is something you must do, if only once! The outrageous price is matched by incredible service from the moment you arrive, and even after you check out. You're paying for the privilege to join the ranks of Ernest Hemingway, F. Scott Fitzgerald, Winston Churchill, Princess Diana, and countless other VIP's. You might not be a king or queen, but you'll certainly feel like one after staying at the Ritz!

extra note: The front desk referred us to a commission-free currency exchange nearby, even though it was offered through the hotel (at a cost). When a hotel puts their guest's needs above their own, that's excellent service!

Directions: Just hop in a taxi and say "Hotel Ritz, Place Vendome, S'il Vous Plait"!

More about Hotel Ritz

Grand but worn around the edges lends to the feel of a palatial old mansion

by TripAdvisor Member Encierromaniac

Don't visit with the expectation of shiny and soundproof. This is an old palace. One must keep this in mind when booking and visiting the Ritz Paris. Creaky closet doors that don't shut all of the way, and antiquated, old bathrooms that cannot contain water in the shower will leave one who likes "new and shiny" very frustrated.

Contrarily, I thoroughly enjoyed the palace. Some floors have incredibly high ceilings, like the first floor. My room was nothing special, however, and had a 10-foot ceiling. The hotel is often criticized for having too much grandeur; I say there is no such thing. Please see the photos attached that illustrate just how beautiful it really is. For the beauty, it is worthwhile. The palace's living room on the first floor is one of the more beautiful rooms I have seen.

The only thing that must get fixed is the air conditioning. The central system appeared to be at least thirty years old, and, notwithstanding all of the fiddling I did with the knobs, the warm air coming from the vent refused to vary.

The only shortcoming of the Paris Ritz is that is has no nightlife anywhere near it and is in a "deadzone" at night. For that sole reason, I would not stay there again.

One funny note: when I first entered the room, classical music was playing beautifully through in-room speakers. Volume didn't work, though. Upon close examination, I discovered the radio was nothing more than a cheap car stereo that had broken controls, hidden behind a panel. Housekeeping staff removed the car stereo and brought another, which had the wrong faceplate and didn't work. Housekeeping finally removed the unit.

It is one of the few palaces where one can stay and feel like royalty. The included breakfast is huge and excellent, although I made the mistake of ordering an Evian water which was $12 euro. Ouch!

Worst Hotel I've Been To in My Life.

by TripAdvisor Member xsilentears

When I stayed in this hotel with my husband, I expected a great honeymoon. Sadly, it was all a waste of money which could have been spent on a better vacation. The service was horrible, one day, I forgot to leave a tip for the maid, and that day she did not clean my room. Also, I had a large amount of money in my drawers, hidden. When I went to get some out it was gone. When I told the main desk about this they told me they are not responsible for theft. Also, the pool was dirty, and it took 3 days for it to get clean again. The jacuzzi was down. I got stuck in the elevators 4 times. Also, the people occupying the room next to mine were VERY loud. It went all the way from cursing and yelling to moaning. I told the main desk about this and they told me it was not their responsibilty. I got 3 hours of sleep each night because of this. Paris is beautiful but this hotel was far from it.

mean welcome

when we arrived at the restaurant l'Espadon, we were placed at the worst table, near the exit and near the desk where plates are prepared to be served. I imagined that this was due to a rather late reservarion combined with a crowded restaurant. But the restaurant stayed half-empty and it appears that its politics is to keep the best tables empty - in the case some eminent guest would arrive, I suppose. With such a mean attitude, no wonder that this restaurant is deserted at lunch, despite the excellent level of the cooking.

Loved it

by TripAdvisor Member RhiannonB

What an amazing place. This hotel knows how to treat each and every guest as though they are the most important person staying there.

Nothing is too much trouble, every request is dealt with speedily and quietly.

Food is fantastic, drinks are the best in Paris.

The only downside is the hordes of tourist buses parked on the Place de Vendome indiscriminatly taking photos whenever you leave the hotel.

Can't wait to return to this jewel of jewels in Paris.

The best and more exclusive in Europe!

This is our second stay at the world's most famous hotel and we can only say that the Ritz is the most exclusive Palace Hotel in Europe. Tradition, prestige, and a legendary past set the Ritz apart from other Palace Hotels.

During our both visits here, we have requested deluxe rooms at the Vendome Wing which is the oldest part of the hotel and the most historical. Here you normally get large French classical style rooms with six-meter high walls and elegant mouldings, carrara marble fireplaces, Louis XV style furniture, brass beds with unique tapestries installed above the headboards, and opulent bathrooms. These is what makes your stay here so unique as you get the feeling that you are in Versailles.

The hotel's public areas are opulent and aristocratic. The Ritz's Espadon restaurant is very elegant and the food is excellent. It is different than the Four Seasons George V's Le Cing restaurant where we have also stayed and had diner twice, but the food is equal very good. Both restaurants are historical and exclusive.

The Bar Vendome is the place to be especially during tea time but our favourite is the Ritz Club Restaurant & Bar. This is the place to be for a drink or diner. The jazz live music and the home away from home cosy atmosphere makes this place unique.

The Ritz is located on the historic Place Vendome which is the loveliest square in Paris. This is what makes the location of this hotel so exclusive. It is near to everything.

The Ritz hotel itself, the location, as well as the excellent service is what makes this place to win the hearts of all who stay here.

We love this place!!!

Bar Vendôme - le Ritz ParisBar Vendôme - le Ritz Paris

That's moi just outside the Ritz Hotel, ParisThat's moi just outside the Ritz Hotel, Paris

Comments